1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8!

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by zacker150, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Unfortunately thanks to Windows dominance of the market, Windows 8 no matter how bad will still sell millions of copies because it's almost mandatory to have Windows. Thankfully they support older versions for quite a while but eventually support runs out and if Windows still sucks by then, your screwed.

2. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    I'm glad. Still using Vista and this will give me an excuse to buy a new computer (yes I know I don't need a new computer to upgrade my OS). If Windows 8 turns out to be too simplified, I'll just upgrade to 7, and if it turns out to be pretty good I'll just upgrade to that. Plus if I do decide to just stick with 7 it should be pretty cheap, hell, the Home Premium version of Vista now is like half the price of the Home Premium version of 7.

It's 2011 buddy. He's got 3 years to solve that problem. By then he can either upgrade to Windows 7 or perhaps there will be a fantastic Windows 9 out by then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.