1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Work/Gaming Laptop Obliterated ... by Horrible Yellow/Green Drink

Discussion in 'Gaming PC' started by Kytsune, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kytsune

Kytsune DA BIG CLUB Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Well, I'm being melodramatic. My laptop is certainly entirely out of commission now because soda was spilled all over it -- so much so that there was a literal waterfall of Mountain Dew trickling through the keys and gushing out the front.

This event actually adds insult to injury because it happened when I tripped in the kitchen -- spraining my ankle -- and the glass with the soda went over the counter, across the room, and landed in the right place to splash into the laptop... (The apartment is small and the kitchen is separated from the living room by only a chest-high countertop w/ sink.)

There must be a Murphy's Law about liquids and expensive equipment.

Fortunately, it can be repaired; I am waiting for DELL to send a repair box so that I can ship it in.

I'll have to suffer without it for 2 weeks.

Fortunately, I have old computers in the apartment that I can still do work from... So I'm not going anywhere yet.

I'll be in the forums as always, and in the blog where I normally reside. Just wanted to say why I might be a little absent lately. I have to get a temporary rig working in short order.

I hope my computer comes back soon. I rather like having it. I just got into Minecraft too. :(

2. JaredOzzy

JaredOzzy The Legendary Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    what a shame so many times my computer has broken already but nothing so unlucky xD

good luck with your comp :)

3. Kytsune

Kytsune DA BIG CLUB Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Thanks, I really like that computer too. It lets me play virtually anything... the one I'm on right now I need an external hard drive to fit any downloaded MMO so that I can play it.

Heh, fortunately, temporary rig or not, I can still keep playing games to review them for the ogres. :)

4. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    That really sucks, hopefully it will be a smooth and speedy repair.

5. Mordekaiser

Mordekaiser Dealer of Death Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    To bad that is a bummer

6. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    Sucks man. The worst part always seems to be just knowing you've got to deal with Dell customer support. I HATE having to call them up and be on hold and shit... it gives me shivers.

7. zacker150

zacker150 DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    The probability of that happening again is really low so at least you no longer need to worry :).

8. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    I've done this...minorly with a keyboard in the past. Never with a laptop but I try to avoid this situation at all costs.

Hope that Dell ships your package fast back to you. It might take 2-4 days to get there but who knows how long it will sit there after it is repaired (Which only takes a few hours).

9. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
    Drinks and computer/computer accessories are just magnetic. Between my husband, kid, and myself I have lost quite a few keyboards to liquid accidents.

10. Kingsfield

Kingsfield Taken a Room in the Pit The Pit

Credit:
    Good luck with that Kyt!

11. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Dealing with Dell support was not fun a couple of years ago when I received my Alienware PC. There is even a thread around here somewhere about it lol.

Hope you get it fixed soon, Kit:).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.