1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

World of Warcraft vs Perfect World

Discussion in 'Online Game Battles' started by ogreman, Dec 20, 2008.

Which game should be GameOgre.com's Best MMORPG of 2008?

1. World of Warcraft

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. Perfect World

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shizen656

Shizen656 Little Spike

Credit:
    Note please that i did NOT make any statements about Perfect World, positive or negative. It's like saying "I like Coke, but i haven't tried Pepsi and therefor am restraining myself from saying anything about it"

Also to build on my previous argument using the provided metaphor, "I like coke, but it costs more than Pepsi, so people are saying Pepsi is better because it's cheaper. This is wrong, because they should be judged by taste, not cost"

i apologize if i was unclear or my post provided a negative connotation twords Perfect World.

2. Weehut

Weehut Spiked Club

Credit:
    OK, I get it now, but don't you think that it's a bit odd to vote for one side without knowing what the other side is about?

"Immah vote for McCain because he sounds awesome, but I don't know how awesome Obama is." :confused:

3. Shizen656

Shizen656 Little Spike

Credit:
    I understand your point, and agree, it is odd, but if i had played Perfect World, then I would have gone to the Perfect World page and voted for it as well. Unlike most debates, in the review page you can give your honest opinion for both sides. I chose only to vote for 1, rather than say, giving Perfect World a 0 to help it beat World of Warcraft.

For example, in the RS vs AQ:W i rated both games, since i had played them both, but here i have only played 1, and will only vote for 1.

So, once more building on your metaphor, it's like saying "on a scale of 1-10, how would you rate McCain and Obama? Well sir, McCain is a great candidate, i agree with his ideas and policies, plans for the future and so on, so i would say he is a solid 10. however i don't know Obama 'nor his policies, so i am unable to rate him" (edit - not my real opinions)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2008
  4. komgred

komgred Little Spike

Credit:
    I'll always prefer WoW, the quests were really good and well laid out through out every single zone. It didn't seem like a grind fest to me but with Perfect World the quests didn't have that magic touch. I also love the talent trees for each class in WoW, it keeps the game fun.

5. Weehut

Weehut Spiked Club

Credit:
    But the quests were all repetitive.

I played 'till level 50, then I just up and quit because it was so boring- all the quests were almost the exact same- find this monster, kill it, bring back this, or something like "OH EM GEE!!!111oneone!!!! THIS MONSTAH IS KILLIN MAH PEOPLE! GO KILL ITTT DWARFFF!!!!!"

6. Shizen656

Shizen656 Little Spike

Credit:
    I'm not trying to be an ass, but please enlighten me, because having never played Perfect World I have no idea what is different about it.

What did you do in WoW also? Did you do any instances? PvP (not its' strong point, but either way)? How do they compare to Perfect World? You have obviously played both games, and have yet to state similarities and differences that could actually help someone decide which game is better.

Also, 2 days to get to level 50? You have a lot of time on your hands... (no offense)

7. komgred

komgred Little Spike

Credit:
    From my time playing Perfect World, I thought that the quests were similar to WoW eg. kill x amount, meet x person, collect x amount. To me it was obvious that the quests contained nearly the same amount of grinding as WoW. All MMOs are quite similar to each other but implemented in a different way.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2008
  8. Weehut

Weehut Spiked Club

Credit:
    How long were you playing Perfect World?

The quests in Perfect World to me were much better in terms of plot and actual "funness" of the quest.

9. komgred

komgred Little Spike

Credit:
    I am still currently playing Perfect World. I quit WoW because it was too time consuming. Everyone has their own opinion about a game. You think that Perfect World is a better game, so you would vote for it while I think the exact opposite that WoW is slightly better.

10. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Voting is still close. WoW has now taken the lead.

11. Weehut

Weehut Spiked Club

Credit:
    What? It's 10 on 10, how is WoW ahead?

12. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
  13. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    This match needed a tiebreaker vote, but the tiebreaker vote was tied as well lol. There were a couple of more votes to avoid the tiebreaker, but they were submitted after the deadline.

Perfect World finished with 6.4615384615385

World of Warcraft finished with 6.4666666666667

Usually, we would round up to 6.5 and go to the tiebreaker vote. Since that is not an option here, World of Warcraft wins due to the slightly (and I do mean slightly) higher score.

14. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Close! The right game won. Perfect World may free but like others mentioned that does not make it better.

15. Weehut

Weehut Spiked Club

Credit:
    xD

To me, it's a better game overall.

16. Xivioth

Xivioth BamBam

Credit:
    PW vs wow rethik

k i said pw is better.
    also i have not played wow.
    but here iare the advanages i see for wow.
    More races
    Voice acting
    bigger
    more featues
    colurful grahics
    more classes.

17. jrdmllr

jrdmllr Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I myself have played both, i think it is very rude when people just dis on a game they have not even played.... its not right...

i played WOW for a while, because i played my cousins accout and i thought it looked cool, i played if for an while, but got very angery because there was nobody there to help with anything, it seems that everyone playing WOW has something up their butt.... and idk if its just the game or what, i tried both... allince and horde, they where both very rude, no help at all, a type of game where u need to know somene in real life to play the game and get a group going, on the other hand, it was fun, they where okay graphics, i have seen better tho, it was alright i guess, just REALLY hard to make friends and VERY VERY hard to make money....

Perfect World on the other hand.... i started to play it.... and i have not stopped sense.... i have 4 lvl 50 accounts, it is a very addicting game, everyone there is VERY friendly and VERY willing to help you with ANYTHING, the whole PK system is better, i mean, no more noob pk killing right when you start, now u can choose and every person u kill adds 2 hours time to the time u need to spend in pk mode, that is possible one of the smartest ideas EVER! the graphics are an orgazim (with a z), the gameplay is wonderfull, the only bad thing i have found about it is that there are not that many people playing, and its free, there are SO many things that i found better with Perfect World that i am 2 lazy to list atm cuz im at school XD. i am very addicted to perfect world, it is AMAZING! i would still like to give WOW the credit it has, but i just want to say that Perfect World is the best game i have ever played, i dont thing i will ever stop playing it... it really is that good...

and plus... perfect world has only been out for about 10 months.... WOW has been out for years, i think that if Perfect World ever starts avertising, then it will probably take over the world XD

18. dieanna

dieanna MMORPG Addict The Pit

Credit:
    i go for WoW.
    first of all, it does continue the story of Warcraft. also graphics-wise, WoW is better than PW. as for the gameplay, PvP/Arena and instances made WoW more exciting. plus, Skill-tree building is i think much better than Stat-building(you know, putting points on Stats.)

i have played on both sides and i enjoyed every second of my stay on it. but i surrender myself to WoW. it's not about the hype or the popularity of Blizzard or whoever but, it's the gameplay itself that i love.

19. esteranya

esteranya Banned

Credit:
    perfect world voted

20. reimaru

reimaru MMORPGer

Credit:
    vote for WoW
    PW is just a copy cat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.