1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

WoW Debate

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by eXoZmM, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    Ok, going to start it off by saying WoW is bad. Simply put.

Argue, try to change my mind by any means neccessary. Currently, I think it is an awful game. If someone does change my mind, I will award them 2 points in the Debate Leaderboard Standings.

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    You start off a debate with "WoW is bad. Simply put." lol?

The top debater can have a new title, but there needs to be a few debates first. The first one was good, so let's continue that:).

3. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    Well, I want to see a lot of flaming here. Not the regular "Your bad get out" type of flaming, but the type of flaming that people defend they're game. You know what I mean?

So, I had to give one arrogant sentence to start it off. :)

4. ScareCrow

ScareCrow Not just a Scared Crow The Pit

Credit:
    Lol, unless you can think of a reason it's bad, you have no grounds to say that.

Even if you can think of a reason, other games have so many reasons you hate them you can't count.

WoW is in many ways a great game. It's addictive, fun, expansive, good graphics, good gameplay, generally good community. The only thing you can hate about it is it's perfect.

If there's 11.5 Million Subcribers, a number which is continuelly increasing even though WoW was realesed many years ago. That shows that the game has to have things going for it.

5. Weehut

Weehut Spiked Club

Credit:
    If I may just put in something against ScareCrow, the number of subscribers is most likely just gained momentum. The game isn't the greatest MMORPG, but the amount of people playing draws players in. "Hmm, this game is the most popular MMORPG of all time, lemme try it!"

The generally good community? I'd say occasionally good community, which is filled with pubescent 11-year-olds begging for gold and calling other players n00bs. It's hard to find anyone to talk to and have an intelligible conversation or to ask for help with a response.

Good graphics? Spare me. The graphics were made for computers with about 512 MB of RAM, so the graphics really aren't the greatest.

Good gameplay? Sure, if you love that Korean free MMORPG feel. *Clicks on spell, clicks on monster, waits*

Expansive? Half the community stays in about 3 towns, and only a select few actually explore the entire map.

6. ScareCrow

Credit:
    The graphics have a good feel to them. There not aion and they don't pretend to be, they have a cartoonish feel that I, and many other players love.

Before I go further, you don't generally get pubescent 11 year-olds, as puberty starts at around age 13.

The community is good, it isen't hard at all to find decent people on there. By level 20 all the newbs have thinned out, you left with cool people and hardcore people who play for 10 hours a day. If you don't like that mix, don't play any MMORPG.

Korean MMORPG feel? Please name afew popular MMORPG's that doesn't.

Select few? Have you been to outland and arena? There are heaps of level 60+, some newbs will quit at level 20, but most will go on to play all the way.

7. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    This is exactly what I wanted. :)

By the way, the amount of subscribers + momentum is most likely correct. I tried it out because so many people said it was good.

8. Weehut

Weehut Spiked Club

Credit:
    Let's say LoTRO. Even though it's a grind much like every other MMORPG, the grind is fun, because it has a very deep plotline, very nice animations, and intelligent monsters that don't just stand there and take hits.

Ahh, the graphics have a good feel. Why didn't you just say that instead of the graphics are good?

"Select few? Have you been to outland and arena? There are heaps of level 60+..." Haha, you just proved my point even more. Those are just 2 general areas.

"The community is good, it isen't hard at all to find decent people on there. By level 20 all the newbs have thinned out, you left with cool people and hardcore people who play for 10 hours a day. If you don't like that mix, don't play any MMORPG."

The cool people are what I'm looking for. If you find chatting to some geek who has no life and plays for 10 hours a day is actually interesting, go see a doctor. I'd much rather talk about other stuff besides computer technology.

9. ScareCrow

Credit:
    "Let's say LoTRO. Even though it's a grind much like every other MMORPG, the grind is fun, because it has a very deep plotline, very nice animations, and intelligent monsters that don't just stand there and take hits."

It's been proven that questing in WoW is far faster to level than grinding. Combined with the fact that there are an abundance of quests, so many you won't run out, you can go from 1-60 without grind.

"Ahh, the graphics have a good feel. Why didn't you just say that instead of the graphics are good?"

The good feel is what makes them good graphics.

"The cool people are what I'm looking for. If you find chatting to some geek who has no life and plays for 10 hours a day is actually interesting, go see a doctor. I'd much rather talk about other stuff besides computer technology."

Why I do believe I just said there're are cool people there, quite a large number of them, and quite abit higher than the number of geeks.

As for "Select few." Yes I have been to outland and arena, actually placed in top 0.5% in arena and got armoured drake flying mount. There are alot of people around those areas. And arn't you aware that you would have to explore heaps of areas prior to gt there? The players who are there have gone all over azeroth and kalimdor to get to outland. That is the majority of the map, so therefore, considering how many people are in outland and arena, and even northrend, alot o people complete the majority of the game.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009
  10. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    great job so far from both debaters:d

11. ScareCrow

Credit:
    Hmm, waiting on you weehut.

12. Weehut

Weehut Spiked Club

Credit:
    "It's been proven that questing in WoW is far faster to level than grinding. Combined with the fact that there are an abundance of quests, so many you won't run out, you can go from 1-60 without grind. "

But the quests are repetitive, it's not fun if every quest is always like "Go here and get this! Then come back and get this! Then make this!"

Or "Kill ______ monsters!"

"Why I do believe I just said there're are cool people there, quite a large number of them, and quite abit higher than the number of geeks."
    To be perfectly honest, I have yet to find 10 sane people who play WoW. ;)

13. Eviran

Eviran Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    I have my opinion on who won or lost this debate just on this statement:p.

14. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    Go ahead and explain Eviran. :)

Whoever puts up the best argument/explanation wins. No matter what side.

15. Eviran

Eviran Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    You mean explain that he is calling over 10 million people crazy?

16. Weehut

Weehut Spiked Club

Credit:
    Yes, absolutely.

For playing such a horrible game.

17. ScareCrow

Credit:
    "But the quests are repetitive, it's not fun if every quest is always like "Go here and get this! Then come back and get this! Then make this!"

Not every quest is like that, and questing is NOT, as boring as grinding, and grinding is all you got in nearly everygame.

"To be perfectly honest, I have yet to find 10 sane people who play WoW."

Did you play for more than two minutes? As far as I know i'm sane, my guild is sane, most people on my server are sane. Only people that arn't are those horde douches. :)

"Yes, absolutely.

For playing such a horrible game."

You play runescape, does that mean your insane? Chuck Norris says yes.

18. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    "Did you play for more than two minutes? As far as I know i'm sane, my guild is sane, most people on my server are sane. Only people that arn't are those horde douches. "

Imo, that's when you know you've played too much. Your disrespecting other people just because of their faction. :/

19. ScareCrow

Credit:
    Lol I don't play very often, 2-3 hours on weekend.

20. Weehut

Weehut Spiked Club

Credit:
    Hmmm...

"Did you play for more than two minutes? As far as I know i'm sane, my guild is sane, most people on my server are sane. Only people that arn't are those horde douches."

I dunno, to call other online players on different factions douches... That's a bit, uhm... geeky in a sense? Because you really don't know who they are, you're just judging on which faction they're on...

Oh, and the Runescape thing- I don't play that anymore, but it was the first MMORPG that actually had me hooked. Also, it has more features and things to do than any other MMORPG, so I don't think it's as bad as WoW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.