1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

WoW vs. Runescape

Discussion in 'Online Game Battles' started by ogreman, Jan 30, 2010.

Which MMORPG is better?

1. World of Warcraft

40 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. RuneScape

37 vote(s)
    48.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vikeadyn

Vikeadyn Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    Yeah I feel the price of WoW was its downfall. I also feel no Hardcore WoW players would spend most of there time in this forum in the first place. They got an Official forum to post on through Blizzard. That also lowers the WoW vote to me.

Although I played both I got bored with RS almost instantly. I am not sure if it happens in RS but in WoW you can go PVP even on a PVE server. Also at anytime,(from 2 guys to 50 guys)whatever Faction you belong to in WoW one of your towns can get attacked by the opposing Faction.

I'd been in many non planed big PVP brawls on a PVE server. Fun times, fun times. Especially if one of your towns is getting attacked, and you call your guild to help and assist you in deffending the town, Until you scare off the other faction from attacking it.

I don't think Runescape allows that.

Oh well Unfortunly RS won. I want to vote for Guild Wars, before the RS, and GW showdown starts. Guild Wars FTW

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2010
  2. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I would rather WoW over GW and RS combined. WoW might have a better chance next year if Cataclysm comes out at the right time.

3. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    Perhaps, Joker. But Cataclysm is just an expansion pack, it'll give WoW much more content, but it'll be WoW content, and some people *cough* Runescape nerds *cough* don't like WoW.

4. Smedley

Smedley MMORPGer

Credit:
    Way to go runescape, this is the second show down you've won.

5. nerbne

nerbne BamBam

Credit:
    Yes I think WOW will get my vote next time unless RS dose some really good updates as well...

6. Joker

Credit:
    Wow is not as good as it once was, but (gasp) Runescape is better? I don't think so rofl.

7. blackandwhite

blackandwhite Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I vote runescape. anything but wow!

8. blastoise466

blastoise466 Little Spike The Pit

Credit:
    Look i learned something from my brother and that is that you cant compare WoW to Runescape.They have many different topics. It's like comparing that club penguin (you must heard it when you were a kid) and that splash fighters. They are both different. In one of them you wear clothes. One of them you fight in an arena. In runescape you play minigames or other games. have more skills can be 2 classes. as ME i like doing more quests like more graphic and keyboard gameplay only i want to fight. THE BAD SIDE IS that gameogre community likes runescape much.But we like WoW more. Thıs two cannot be compared. PLEASE gameogre think about this before making a new move ;)

9. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    You do have a point Blastoise, but Runescape and WoW are the same genre, they're both fantasy MMORPGs, and they are both games where you battle monsters and level up. They differences between them aren't things that make them different enough so that they can't be compared.

Club Penguin is a social MMO for children, and Splash Fighters is an online fighting game. They are in completely different genres, and are completely different games, so can't be compared.

10. JaredOzzy

JaredOzzy The Legendary Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    holy mother that is a massive amount of votes!!+

11. blastoise466

blastoise466 Little Spike The Pit

Credit:
    I THINK that you all RS players say that rs is better because:

-we have 25 skill have many other things to do
    -WoW is too way expensive!!!(Yea not like RS)Answer: Crap maybe because that WoW needs to be used more money to do maintance the graphics suck in RS and its mouse playing so it make is cheap

"BUT they are different in even monsters in WoW you can have pets in RS you fish or something like that more wow has dungeon rs has not wow has more low quality but more quests but rs quests are more inner. In WoW there are races but in rs itsa made up."

these reasons and more are little but when combining them this makes it not compareble

12. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Every game is comparable based on which is better. Of course WoW and RS are different but you still can give an opinion on which you like better can't you? The last time I checked, it wasn't a science:p.

13. Joker

Credit:
    I can't say that I am crazy about the results..... Is this why WoW did not win Online Game of the Year either?

14. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    WoW didn't win Online Game of the Year because people voted for Quake Live I think, WoW wasn't even in the final of that I think.

15. Joker

Credit:
    Wow didn't do anything special in 2009:(.

16. Evil Bure

Evil Bure Ogre Newling

Credit:
    RuneScape has soul :)

17. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    Runescape :D

heh fav mmo

18. benjaminhehe

benjaminhehe Club Swinger

Credit:
    Voted for Runescape :) I heard WoW is very expensive compared to Runescape, if that's a valid point to vote for Runescape heh

19. dantabletennis

dantabletennis Ogre Sheriff The Pit

Credit:
    I dont think its about if the game costs or not, its how good it is, so WoW should easilly win, but its not because it costs:eek:

20. Cevyo

Cevyo DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    Runescape all the way. The fact that you can play online with other people for FREE is a huge advantage over WOW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.