1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

VS/OR Subforum?

Discussion in 'MOBA' started by ogreman, Feb 8, 2015.

Should we have a Subforum in MOBAs just for VS/OR Threads?

1. Yes, that would be great for the MOBA forum.

14 vote(s)
    82.4%
  2. No, leave it as is.

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Ok, considering moving all of these type of posts in MOBA to a subforum. This where you would vote for or against and leave your thoughts about the matter.

2. Mikasa Ackerman

Mikasa Ackerman MMORPG Addict The Pit

Credit:
    Those are mostly League of Legends champions (since smite and dota have their own (sub)forums). So in MOBA forum as itself people will always talk about LoL. And you could get news about LoL almost every day such as new skins (the problem about skins that somebody has sticky thread and all those new skin threads are moved into skin discussion), champion rebalances, and etc. And that could keep the MOBA forum alive. Also its really hard to find usefull threads between all those vs/or threads.

3. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    Ye, we should definitely have this sub-forum. Or at least promote Using Search, because most of those threads are already made before and people are just making them to get more points. I don't want to attack those that actually need help about deciding what is the better champion once or twice, but guys what made 5 different threads "Who to buy?" in one day are just hungry for points or have a goldmine of IP and want to buy 1 champion for each role. So... or promote using search or make a sub-forum...

4. Garagos

Garagos Clubbed for Chat Rage

Credit:
    I voted YES. :)
    I agreed with both of you, Aadron and others, but I think we should separate VS threads of Moba forum. here is a lot of LoL members who would not never let Moba forum die :)
    I'm first who would never let die MOBA forum, because there is a lot of threads we could make that are not VS threads :)

5. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    Then, lets promote using search! MOBA forum wont die, but there wont be multiple threads.

6. ivekvv256

ivekvv256 Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    I voted for yes, although I don't think that'll solve any of the problems, becouse I find the biggest problem about those threads is that: "X champion is better." or just "Y champion" without any explanation. When I don't know which one is better I atleast write "X champion is better becouse I have had more experience with it" or something like that. I would like to see more threads about video's, such as WoT forum has, and I would like to see more people discussing about patch notes, champion changes etc. We still need some fresh :idea:

7. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    That is a good post, Ivek:).

Yes, improving the amount thought and quality that goes into those type of threads would help a lot by making them more meaningful.

That leads to the question how to improve the quality? What has the best chance of actually working for that?

8. Garagos

Garagos Clubbed for Chat Rage

Credit:
    Making Sub-forum for Or and Vs threads. :)

We will hold alive MOBA forum even without that VS and OR threads :)

That is my opinion :)

9. DoomGuard

DoomGuard Big Brute Ogre Regular

Credit:
  10. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    If you want to run it go ahead:). The percentage was overwhelmingly positive.

Taking out some of the back and fourths because they did not exactly help this subject or thread lol. The main thing is to make this new subforum as good as possible:).

If anything, need suggestions on how to make it a better subforum. Maybe have sticky rules and a an improvement thread for it?

11. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.