1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with opening the forum

Discussion in 'Forum and Site Support' started by djolebelevode, Oct 27, 2015.

1. djolebelevode

djolebelevode Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    Sometimes I can't open forum,it says some error,and I cant open,so,am I only one who have this problem? And how to solve it

2. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    It's not just you, it's caused by the server the website is hosted on having issues. Ogreman is aware of the issues and is doing what he can, but at least part of the necessary fix seems to be forum/site updates to the necessary software, which needs the review directory move to be completed first. If you're interested in helping with that, see http://gameogre.com/forums/threads/review-directory-move-and-help.58427/

3. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    I had a same problem once. Something Cloud Something... Error. But I heard it was server downtime so... Probably not a problem with us.

4. djolebelevode

Credit:
    oh I didn't know,so what I can do,to help you?

5. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I said this before in chat, i have many problems arm, like, sometimes 10-20 sec loading after making posts, and my text dont go away, like i didnt post. That lead to duplicated posts, same works for main site, and making polls on forum

6. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    We need to upgrade the server software after we move the last ancient area on the site. Once that is done, we can also upgrade the forum software:). If that doesn't do it, it is the server hardware that is the culprit. In that case, we are looking at 4 to 6 hours of straight downtime for testing.

7. SeNtRiK

SeNtRiK Banned

Credit:
    I couldnt open this forum 1 time only it said that forum was down but it was fixed fast in like 5-10 mins. xD

Borisav II sljiva likes this.
  8. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    I used my club on them last night:). They have been stalling for months instead of fixing and told them everybody is sick of it including myself, members, and even our developer. We will have to move the server if it continues much longer because we have all these new areas and plan on bringing more but the server performance and lack of support that actually makes a difference has threw a monkey wrench into the whole thing for now. I even have to reboot the server myself sometimes when I used to never have to do that.

Borisav II sljiva likes this.
  9. djolebelevode

Credit:
    Okay okay,i understand now,thanks for answer