1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone Tournaments Discussion

Discussion in 'Trading Card Games' started by p, Jan 16, 2016.

1. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Apparently we need one of these about rules and such.

Main item on the table:
    Let people use whatever deck they want?
    Default to starter decks, but custom decks if both agree?
    Starter decks only?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  2. stoja

stoja Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Yes I have given match. Because I believe that the rule '' Starter Decks are default, Custom Decks can be used if both agree. (Picked before best of 3, can not change after) "It's not okay !!!!! Because I'm playing regularly Hearthstone and preparing for tournaments. And now what are you saying that I am all that I've played is not worth collecting anything .... Literally you destroy players with this rule. Those who try to do something more in the game and the tournament they're practically destroyed hereby !!!!! Demand, and I believe that this policy needs to be ejected from the cause, if you will to participate in the tournament and then play the game and try to collect all the cards more and better !!!!!! Not that wins chance against better players than pobidete with their effort !!!! I handed match for this reason percent considers it fair for us to rehearse and collect tickets !!!!! I absolutely do not care what people like you come to this tournament purely to taste the happiness ... Without investment in the game and the desire to achieve something more in it .... I won two tournaments for nothing !!!! Everyone commented on my commitment and dedication for the game to achieve something more! And I appreciate that from these people! And you what you want to destroy us consider that you are not fair and that you are a coward to more common that miserable want to earn points! If these stupid points here are I'll never play this tournament and you think you're the best and most successful in it. But know, and if you keep this rule will lose to the population of the tournament I guarantee you! Since a lot of people on this board agrees with this and will stay at my words! So to remove that rule, or practically anybody else will begin to hold a tournament for Hearthsotne with real tournaments for Hearthstone! THIS what I had to say, and I stand behind this! I want to hear your opinions! Or we will not play properly or not at all after we play this tournament in Hearthsone. I'm talking on behalf of hundreds of hard-working and the entrance and the game !!!! And not in your name cowards who are there just to take the points and that to reduce the opportunity for us something more !!!!

brankomiljus20 likes this.
  3. p

Credit:
    I assume you're the no-vote on Hearthstone Tournament 11
    I have no idea if you've pm'd aaddron anything about this beforehand, though you certainly should have before ranting in the tournament thread. You also registered no public complaint during the duration of that poll, or during the tournament after that in which the rule took effect, or in the signups for the current tournament.

You agreed to participate by the rules as stated by signing up for the tournament.

Regardless, it seems this needs a bit more discussion by all involved before tournament 14, so, discuss.

4. stoja

Credit:
    View reasonable and just say! are you saying that I am a fool that enters time ??? Yes I accepted but what all of which are active members know that I am currently strongest in hs and deliberately will speak to play with basic deck. That we would not allow for a fresh win the tournament! Are you saying that it is unfair! No matter what I agreed to the rules?

And right Aaddron cant see what i say on treth Hearthstone Turnament 13 ! It's not fair you should have to leave it there!!! To all PPL SEE !!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2016
  5. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Well, i believe that this rule is made to bring equality to all players, ones who play on EU and ppl who play on other servers, same as "no rune and masteries" rule on LOL.
    Main problem here is to this can be abused vs ppl who actually have good decks, like stoja.
    So if i play vs some1 that i have better deck i will go Custom Deck, and if i play vs some1 who has much better deck mine is, i will block him by choosing Starter deck
    For reason that i said, my opinion is that here shouldn't be choice. On start of tournament @Aaddron should say, we use Starter Decks or Custom Decks, so ppl know before beginning what to expect and chose will they participate or not.
    Even if i have 2 solid decks, I am for equality, but not if that will be reason of leaving for players that are constant on tournaments (cant say it better :( )

6. p

Credit:
    It will remain here, where Aaddron and everyone else can still see it, but it doesn't clutter the actual tournament thread. Tournament threads are not for discussion, they are for playing the tournament.

Because I do not play Hearthstone any more, my opinion is irrelevant. It does create a fair playing field to require everyone to use the same pool of decks to choose from, particularly on a game with region locks. That's why the League tournaments default to free rotation champions with no runes or masteries.

7. stoja

Credit:
    Ok you do what you want is not interested in me anymore !!!! Forget about me as for the next tournaments and other things this is really not too much respect for us that we invest more time, and this !!!! Do what you want me more tournaments to play your do not want !!!!! because you are not fair to the player !!!!!!! goodbye Hearthstone turnamenst's ! ! !

8. p

Credit:
    The whole purpose of this thread is to facilitate the discussion of tournament rules to make them better. Ragequitting them won't help you or the future of tournaments as a whole.

9. Guts

Guts DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    Well i can see where the both sides are coming from but i guess constant playing with starter decks all the times would be horribly boring and that's not the point of the tournament.

10. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Stoja I wanna say none of this should of been on the forums in the first place, however I'm gonna make the best of it. Rule number 1, if you have an issue PM us first! I don't get where everyone gets this wild idea we are unreasonable and can't be talked too. Seriously... bring your complaint and we'll consider it. This did not have to get to this point at all in fact I seem to remember this whole rule was voted on almost a month ago now, it was open for ALL opinions too and I did not get ANY against it aside from one vote. Let me just say if you would of brought this up then I probably would have considered it and adjusted it accordingly.

You had from then to before this tournament... heck we even ran one with the rule in tact in between. You didn't say anything for almost a month now. It's pretty clear you had NO idea about this possibility or surely you would of said something sooner. I myself consider this a possibility but never really thought of it's use to this extent.. it happens. Can't anticipate everything and surely no one else did either because like you NO one else said anything.

Now that it's come to light I will change the rule. I'm adjusting it to:

Non-EU region players may require the use of starter decks. (set at sign ups, locked for tournament)

This continues the rules original intent while helping to mitigate the possible use of starter decks to level the playing field... which honestly is a joke to begin with because this whole thing is about "fair"... it shouldn't be an issue especially for "good" players. Anyone that still has a problem with this remember Hearthstone has region locking. It would NOT be fair to force players to use starter decks vs. your elite decks. That was the whole purpose from the start.

So that is that. If some wants to propose an alternative or comment (positively or constructively) on this change post it politely in this thread. I have already considered the ideas existing in this thread, though given the length already don't wanna get into them atm.

I go back to:

Seriously guys, between Ogre and I an everyone else. We've seen numerous of these over the years. The ones that made it through will all tell you, you should of just said something from the start instead of going nuclear in a blind rage. It's just a waste of everyones time on stuff that can usually be settled so easily. YES you wont always get the answer you want... that is life but good grief, everything we do here we try to do fair. Sometimes mistakes are made (so it appears unfair), sometimes you just see it differently but believe me. In nearly 8 year here it's never been said even once "lets just set out to screw people". We try to do right, that's all we can do.

So finally I say, people of GameOgre don't be like this guy. If you have an issue come to us, calmly please and who knows we might even agree with you! Shocking right? It's really that simple.

This is a statement, not a discussion. If you have any further issues, rants or otherwise negative things to say on this topic or what I've said PM ME.

11. Aaddron

Credit:
    Adjustment to the rule already:

Non-EU region players may require the use of starter decks (if no custom has ever been used) for them and opponent. (set at sign ups, locked for tournament)

This way no one can pick and choose based on match ups and it only applies to those that are region locked. Also add once a region locked player uses a custom deck in one of these tournaments, they lose the right to go back to starter decks. This way they can't flip flop tournament to tournament based on who's participating.

Will add a poll, yes or no if this rule is acceptable. Please voice your concerns if any and further additions to make it more fair.

12. stoja

Credit:
    would like to tell you something. Aaddron sorry for what I've done ... will not happen again :)

13. djolebelevode

djolebelevode Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    I saw that but didn't understood,so,for example,im playing versus you,and you want custom deck and I want starter,and you can play custom even I want starter?
    Hm,that would be same as in LoL tour we could use runes and masteries and champions we want,it isn't "skill tournament" anymore,now it is "how long have you played game tournament"?

14. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    I said what i had, also this is not LOL tournament, rules are different

15. djolebelevode

Credit:
    Lol I just asked because I didn't understand well ...

16. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    @djolebelevode Here is thread for discussion about HS tournaments, just didnt want to continue this on tournament thread
    As i said before, "u cant force some1 to play with started deck", if he is from EU.
    So if u chose starter deck i can go and play with custom deck if i want. Started decks are only if u play vs some1 from NA or other regions.
    There is huge difference between League of Legends and Hearthstone, so plz dont compare tournaments, rules are different and we should respect them

17. djolebelevode

Credit:
    man,you understood me like I was rude.I just wanted information,didnt understand very well.But okay,your choice
    thanks for information

18. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Am sry if u looked my post that way, it wasnt my intention. I was reffing on my posts from before, i explained it there. Anyway o hope that i gave you answer on my last post

19. Aaddron

Credit:
    Hearthstone Starter Decks aren't done very well. They are very basic... which does make sense but they lacking a lot of the fun cards these days. They don't offer a lot of variation. It wouldn't be enough on it's own to keep it interesting. If I remember correctly in League a different set of heroes is picked each rotation, this would offer a lot more than the basic 9 decks in HS. I will consider doing a starter only side tournament down the road but for now this is working.

20. djolebelevode

Credit:
    okay okay,i was talking about that on LoL tournament,even you are new player,you have same chances versus others,and on this,if you are new player,you don't have same chances,if he has his own deck,and your custom decks are "new"