1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Announced Free-to-Play on PC

Discussion in 'Game News' started by Aaddron, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:

Forza Motorsports, the long highly rated Xbox exclusive sim racer is venturing to PC via the Windows 10 Store. Apex will be the first step, it's not quite a full fledged Forza game hence Free-to-Play but Microsoft/Turn10 have made it clear this isn't about the money either. Apex is a test run and showcase to prepare for the other big announcement that future Forza Motorsports game (possibly Horizon too) will be developed for PC along side Xbox One. This continues Microsoft's recent renewed commitment to PC gaming with several other big Xbox titles making it over as well, most notably the upcoming Quantum Break.

Turn10 has said the game should launch sometime this spring, it will be a Free-to-Play Windows 10 Store exclusive. Micro-transactions will be in but it sounds like it's for accelerated progression rather than content. They've also announced the game will have 6 tracks (with 20 total configurations) and 63 cars at launch.

Full Details Here

2. Aaddron

Credit:
    As alluded to in the first post, in my opinion this game should be viewed more as a demo than a full on Forza game. First and foremost it will be an introduction to the series for PC gamers that may not have had an Xbox. Second I'd bet this will serve as a beta test of sorts... I'm not sure it'll be buggy per-say but more a practice run to get the kinks worked out and collect feedback from PC players before they do the full on Forza 7 PC release next year.

Overall I think this will be excellent in the long run. My guess is they will run into issues early, I'm expecting the same for Quantum Break PC but I think Forza 6 Apex will be a solid showcase and a nice launching point for Forza PC.

It should also be noted Forza Motorsports is track racing.

3. Markedjani212

Markedjani212 BamBam

Credit:
    That's cool!Forza is one of the best racing games,but its only available on xbox,but now on pc,good work!

4. Aaddron

Credit:
    Indeed, Forza on PC could be really good. It's already a great game on Xbox.

5. Aaddron

Credit:
    Beta launched today on Windows 10 store and wow the spec requirements are high. My computer struggles with it even with things turned down... it's not a bad PC either. Very high spec'd game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.