1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

American Truck Simulator

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games' started by cemex, Jan 1, 2016.

1. cemex

cemex Espion Ogre Veteran

Credit:

Anyone waitng for this game in 2016?

Release date is February 3rd. Dont know price or maybe it will be free.

Source

IgorBro likes this.
  2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I've been waiting for this one since 18 Wheels of Steel. As soon as I seen Euro Truck I was eagerly awaiting it's return to the US with that engine. It wont be free but I haven't seen any exact pricing yet... I'm expecting it wont be a full $60 release, probably more like $30 or less. It sounds like it'll be like Euro Truck 2 and the game will be released in waves with paid expansions... this isn't a money ploy, the US is just so big and they aren't a huge developer. This gets the game into the hands of the gamers sooner and allows them to keep funding the development. Post release patch support should be the same as Euro Truck aka extensive and free.

3. cemex

cemex Espion Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Maybe with some great steam sales we can see it for 15-20 € and for patches its probably gonna be like new trucks and multiplayer ....

4. Aaddron

Credit:
    Meh, it's cheaper than full price from the start and I wanna see the series continue. Sales are nice but with niche smaller games like this it's better to support the developer than squeeze every penny out. I don't remember if they added any trucks in patches for Euro Truck 2 but if they did then I'd expect the same. They did a very good job continuing to patch Euro Truck, fixing bugs, polishing up the engine and adding new features. That should continue in both games. I suspect content like new roads, cities and trucks will be in the future paid expansions. When it's all said and done I bet a complete edition will be released for $60.

5. djolebelevode

djolebelevode Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    I played 18 wheels a loooong time ago,ty aaddron for remember me how that game names,because I couldn't remember !!
    I will play this game,too,for sure

6. Aaddron

Credit:
    haha I couldn't remember it for a time either. It's an easy game to forget because it was always a bargain bin type game, never really covered in gaming news and then it kinda just disappeared (in the mind of gamers) because they stuck with the same foundation too long, was just too dated for people to care anymore. Euro Truck changed everything... will be so nice to see it return it return to it's root but with that engine. I really hope they bring back the CB function for AI drivers... loved that feature.

djolebelevode likes this.
  7. djolebelevode

Credit:
    have you played american truck simulator,maybe make some review,if you did?

8. Aaddron

Credit:
    I have almost 20 hours in, did a short video of gameplay... though I should of done it during the day:

Xbox One Controller support broke because a Windows Update so I'm waiting for a fix before I continue. I might do a review at some point but maybe not, sims are kinda hard for me to review. The game is pretty bare bones because they are planning to do content over time as North America is so massive but still a lot of roads to be run and it starts at a cheap $20.

For budget conscious people maybe it'd be better to wait for all the content and buy it then (pick up Euro Truck 2 in the mean time)... could be years, who knows but that would probably be the best deal. For everyone else it's worth a pickup if you liked Euro Truck 2, it's different enough to be fun just keep in mind your only paying $20 and getting the base of the game. It's not comparable in size to Euro Truck 2 yet.

I'd recommend checking this guys videos:

Squirrel

9. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Added this video to the gallery:).

10. Aaddron

Credit:
    I need to do another one in day light... hopefully they will fix the Xbox One controller issues soon.

11. IgorBro

IgorBro Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    i love this game man! :)

12. djolebelevode

Credit:
    i havent played this yet,i must play it soon :)

13. Aaddron

Credit:
    Just don't use an Xbox One controller, it's broken still. :/ However other controllers, keyboard and wheels seem to be fine.