1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Steam Sale Curveball

Discussion in 'Budget Gaming' started by ogreman, Jun 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Ok, just found out yesterday that Steam is doing something different this time. I have been trying to buy CS:GO for the shop since the sale started, but my gift button was grayed out. Asked Aaddron to try it on another game in case it was just me when he found the following.

Valve Won't Let You Buy and Gift Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in the Steam Sale, Here's Why

That said, we can not gift nor even buy it at all during the sale. Anybody who wants to complain to Steam about this can be my guest since the idea behind it is false. Several active CS:GO players have came from GameOgre and the sale was a great way to add it to the shop.

To anybody who was promised the game and is still active, they will receive the game after the sale is over. Another option would be buying Cobalt instead since I can and already have gifted that game.

As far as the shop goes, the game will still be available sale or not to those who have earned it. New members or people who have been inactive for a long period of time will have to be active to be considered for it.

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Hmmm, still not allowing it yet. May need to contact support or try something else.

3. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Although we did buy a Steam card and was waiting on that sale for months, that something else may be G2A :). May even sell some there.

4. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Does anybody know how to contact Steam support if not about a refund? Figured I could try that before going to G2A.

5. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Probably have to find the closest issue here - Steam Support or maybe try here Ask a Question - Steam Support (which is the same thing but direct link to "ask a question")

6. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    I contacted them and received a response. Looks like G2A will probably be the only solution after all. They did say I could send feedback to an email though lol.

7. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Found a solution (actually two) for this so CS:GO is still buyable to those that earn it:).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.