1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Ogre Wars

Discussion in 'Ogre Wars' started by ogreman, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Ok, the next phase will involve troops so we focus on them for now.

Since each nation seem to have at least two members who are either inactive or gone, we will have a method for dealing with that. Not going to discuss names or why they stopped playing etc or even spend a lot of time on it, just going to give what they did to their teammates:). Rest assured, their resources will not go to waste lol.

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Also, since the nations are getting down to the nitty gritty, the number of rolls per player will be increasing and gold can be dropped. Look for that later this week.

3. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    Was each of our offensive dices been counted so far? Because I haven't seen a post in Armory about Ironheads buying Cages of Doom for few months, regardless of our 5 attacks per day.

4. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Before last Thursday, everything has been counted. Carrying over the rest since then because doing all this other stuff for the next phase.

Check the number of cages in our thread and the gold instead of looking at the Armory only. I just do all the calculations without announcing it most of the time. I stopped asking in our thread because I rarely got an actual answer lol.

5. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Distributing all points from rolls for the last week tonight. Since we are in the battle phase, all rolls went into troops. Also distributed the prizes for the two wins so far to the top two players in each nation:).

Each battle is going to bring 1000 troops to the winner:). Me and Branko are going into our third match, but others can issue challenges:).

6. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I dont like getting this much troops every 3 days, if we go like that it will be endless.
    I would rather do capture method then earning troops, because even if we win every 3rd even 5th battle, we will always get troops as long we doing battles. And there is no way to destroy 1000 troops with rolls in few days.

We can add some kind of item on armory that allows us to capture troops instead of killing them.
    Something like Advanced training and there are curtain levels
    Something like
    Advanced training level 1 - Capture 20% of troops when win Ogre Wards Challenge
    Advanced training level 2 - Capture 40% of troops when win Ogre Wards Challenge
    Advanced training level 3 - Capture 60% of troops when win Ogre Wards Challenge
    Advanced training level 4 - Capture 80% of troops when win Ogre Wards Challenge

So if someone win OW challenfe with 100 difference and has lvl 1 training he will get 20 troops from opponent

7. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Well, we can do the 1000 troops just for the first two since we both got it.

What about 500 gold as a reward to the winner then? We need to have a set one in place before the third battle ends.

8. FrostBite

FrostBite BamBam

Credit:
    hey ogreman mind me asking how this Ogre Wars works?

9. Grawl

Grawl MLG King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Just join some of two nations and you will figure it out,also you have everything explained on first page of this thread :)

10. FrostBite

FrostBite BamBam

Credit:
    sorry kinda new to using a forum x.x first one I have actually ever used XD thanks for the help <3

11. Grawl

Grawl MLG King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Np and I would call you to join to stompers :) Ogre Wars Stompers just roll in troops or gold and say can i join that s pretty much it :)

12. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    You mean only 500 gold, no troops ? That could be better, my main goal is to dont make game endless
    How about to remove troops from roll difference on challenge ? Player 1 roll 200 and player 2 roll 250, player 1 lose 50 troops

13. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
  14. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Behind on the roll stats in each nation by almost two weeks, but going to try to fix that tonight. Going to do the troop thing again since we have more players this time, but need to decide on what to do after that. Should we:

1. Keep rolling only for troops for now?
    2. Go to gold and troops minus defense?
    3. Go back to all three like before?

Also havent added the 500 gold per win yet either. Will do that as well:).

15. NeSsQQuiCk

NeSsQQuiCk Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Im not expert here but 2. option seems most logical too me,

16. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    I think that we shouldn't set limits on rolls, ppl should be able to roll as they want, but to say what they roll for, mby some1 want golds for items to improve his nation.

17. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    We could drop attack and defense for now if more would actually battle besides just you and me:).

18. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Attacking is only way to reduce number of troops, even with that game still could be endless, and i would like to avoid that

19. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Well I would like to avoid full resets like we did with the previous game:). Thankfully, I think I see a happy medium for that:).

Why dont we determine some criteria (like battle wins) for having seasons (either a time period or a win goal) where one nation wins instead of just endless as you say. The seasons would only reset the battle records, but not the stats so everybody keeps the stats they spent time on:). The winners each season could get:

1. Forum points.
    2. A special title in the forum.
    3. A slight advantage in the next season as a nation.
    4. An MVP or Warlord award to one member on the winning nation.

The battles are basically the way we could forward since it more interactive combat and we are keeping records. Which is good because the other game was just resources only.

brankomiljus20 and Croco12 like this.
  20. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    I am still waiting to be challenged by a worthy opponent :)