1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Ogre Wars

Discussion in 'Ogre Wars' started by ogreman, Dec 8, 2015.

1. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I rly like that idea, i would rather have number of wins, mby like 20, since we wont have resets, that would take time since there are only 2 battles atm, when more ppl come we can make this number even higher

Yumi73 likes this.
  2. ToxiC 007

ToxiC 007 Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Can you tell me how Orge Wars working?
    Thanks

Yumi73 likes this.
  3. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Yea, 20 wins for a nation could be a good season:).

Yumi73 likes this.
  4. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    We may need to get a system established for defaults and waiting as it has come up already in one of the other matches.

Yumi73 likes this.
  5. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, just updated troops for everybody. If you want gold for somebody new, you can use the gold from somebody inactive to do that or even give them some yourself.

This latest one went three weeks (thought it was two) and took a considerable amount of time last night, but it was helped by doing troops only:).

If it gets to that again and we need to do something besides troops, that needs to be discussed and agreed on. If not, will just stick with troops for the current phase since we stopped the other attacks and gold can be had in challenges or given by other members.

Yumi73 likes this.
  6. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    w8 so attacks doesn't count anymore ?

Yumi73 likes this.
  7. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    All non-challenge rolls have been going straight to troops for probably a month or two. That means no gold, no attacks, and no defense. It has really bulked up troops for everybody especially those that did not even buy troops much if any before

Yumi73 likes this.
  8. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    Well, that's not fair. We had to give gold to buy those dices(offensive and defensive).

Yumi73 likes this.
  9. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Everything went to troops on last few weeks, so nothing was lost, also i will help ogre from today, so it will be easier to add troops and attack

Yumi73 likes this.
  10. Croco12

1. TSM

Credit:
    I prefer destroying enemy troops than getting myself more troops, but OK... I will play like this for some time.

Yumi73 likes this.
  11. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Yes, Branko is helping now:).

We are on the phase now where you face other players:). I believed this was asked for. Once this is going well, we may can bring the other back easier:).

Yumi73 likes this.
  12. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, it looks like the first Ogre Wars Championship goes to the Stompers.

The battle records will be reset and will look into what all they get for winning:). For starters, they each get a very handsome reward in the Event.

Yumi73 and Croco12 like this.
  13. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    First off, credit goes to Croco for supplying the better medal:).

Ok, want to address something because seen this a few different times by a few different people in a few different areas lol. Thus, this a general note to everybody:

If I am asking for input (and I have several times) and I dont get any, that is fine. However, what is not fine is coming after it is done and then not agreeing with it or being negative about it in a post. The old saying for that is a day late and a dollar short lol. If you want to have a voice in the game, please speak up before something happens:).

The first championship win by the Stompers did take me by surprise. Also, I had wrote about all the rewards before and nobody said nothing about it a single time lol. However, I will stand behind what I had announced for those.

If you have to say something about Ogre Wars after the fact, please PM me instead of posting about it. Other than that, just get involved more (discussions and battles) and you will have more of a say:). Besides, although it will be 20 wins next time, the rewards are definitely great and should inspire more participation anyway. Considering how long we have been doing this, I think the rewards are well deserved:).

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  14. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Unless you are playing a challenge or reporting a result, discussion posts should not be made in the Challenge or Battle System threads.

If you want to discuss the game, this is probably the main thread to use for that unless you want to start a new thread in this sub forum:).

15. Croco12

1. TSM

Credit:
    (Oops, my bad :))

Does this: Winning the Warlord championship (first player to 10 victories) and medal = 2500 Points count if Ogreman reaches 10 wins first? I mean since he is the admin, he counts points of each participant in Event and doesn't participate. If he reaches it first, and for an example I reach it second, do I get this bonus?

16. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Think me and Branko won it last time. Its per side:).

Counting or not, him and me do the most battles normally:). We sometimes even take on two at once. I normally disqualify myself from stuff like Member of the Month, but there is substantially more effort involved here.

17. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    We may have a fundamental change coming with one roll in particular. What we have perceived as a bug all this time, may not be one after all. If the red number on the side of the occasional roll is always a 100, then that is the only way they are doing the 100 then. Basically, it is hitting the 100 and then rolling again as a bonus. For example, you could get like 185 from just one roll if its "85 100":).

Although we cant go back and count those from the past, we can start counting it from now on:).

NeSsQQuiCk likes this.
  18. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Season 3 has now completed:).

19. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, the latest season has finally ended:). The new season will start back next week and I will be back in the battles after stopping during and after Harvey.

Also, Ogre Wars now has its own section on the blog. Thus, we are looking to do more with it:).

Not sure on the Ogre Warlord title just yet. Nobody had 10 wins this past time, so Branko is currently holding the medal since he runs this game:). May lower it for this season so somebody active can get it soon.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    Rex likes this.
  20. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, the active players on the Stompers were given the medal:). The inactive players had their medals removed.

Rex likes this.