1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What makes a virtual reality MMORPG different than a regular MMORPG

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Diego Soto, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Diego Soto

Diego Soto Ogre Newling

Credit:
    [​IMG]

And so begins the rise of the “VR-MMORPG” or “Virtual Reality – Massive Multi Player Online Roleplaying Game”. Since the dawn of video gaming, gamers have dreamed of a virtual world so immersive that the line between the virtual world and reality disappears entirely. A way to fully interact and be inside of their games.

In just 60 years the technology has advanced from small simulated boxes floating before your eyes, to playing a real piano using nothing but your eyeballs.

While movies like The Matrix make the promise of controlling an entire world around you virtually seem far off, the future of the virtual world is closing the gap at a breathtaking speed. While the future of MMORPGs and virtual reality may not be extensively financially backed by large corporations, there are several promising virtual experiences already currently being crowdfunded.

A “Virtual Reality MMORPG” allows the player to interact in the game world using some combination of head mounted display, audio and input devices, in order to achieve an even higher level of immersion. The level of achieved integration depends entirely on the users choice of virtual reality devices, and the game’s own capabilities. Some headsets possess the ability to track a users eye movements, allowing a deeper connection to other players, and NPCs or Non Playable Characters. Instead of pushing a button, simply making eye contact with the NPC will trigger their preset dialogue, or other programmed actions. Other devices have an externally rigged camera, or additional items the player will wear that tracks the users own physical movements. This allows the players to control their avatar’s movements with their own body, all while the player is fully viewing and interacting with a virtual environment so lifelike that its easy to slip grip on reality.

In the future we´d like to see games like AgeOfSpace in VR, something that could be amazing.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  2. Awen Blade

Awen Blade King of Bananas The Pit

Credit:
    VR only needs Eyes and hearing i think.. while mmorpg in pc/ps4/xbox are using your hands, eyes, ears... thats the difference between them xD... :p

3. Djordje Badric

Djordje Badric DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Hahahhaahhahah u make me laugh xD
    VR its cool but i dont like it...idk i agree with awen123 xD

4. Awen Blade

Awen Blade King of Bananas The Pit

Credit:
    Hahahhaa!! i just simplify it.. no need for long talk xD... :p direct to the point xD... :p

Djordje Badric likes this.
  5. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    the picture reminds me of eve online.

6. DjOmega22

DjOmega22 Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    VR (Virtualizations Rocks!!!)

7. kiritos2k

kiritos2k MMORPG Addict Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I see in facebook one of that vr mmorp its really cool and online game which you can fight monster with your friends so the difference is vr is 4d and it is 30 degree not like monitor its only flat like the other girls XD jk but as I said it has so many difference like the mmorpg in pc they use mouse and keyoard in vr they use joypad only

8. I would say VR adds more immersion because you feel like you're in the game. With a regular MMORPG, you're aware that you're looking at a screen and that you're controlling your character with a keyboard as you play.

9. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    VR would be more engaging and entertaining if you really like the world kind of like how cinemas draw me in way more than a laptop screen but bigger and all over

10. ugmsrocks09

ugmsrocks09 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Well practically the whole concept; you're practically in first person in the game and the movements are less limited.