1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Anthem From BioWare

Discussion in 'MMOFPS and Online Shooters' started by Aaddron, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:

Today we unveiled Anthem, EA’s newest IP. Our team at BioWare hand-crafted an entire new world, and equally as important, an entirely new experience. This isn’t like any BioWare game you’ve played before – in fact, it’s unlike any game we’ve ever made at EA.

As a player, there’s nothing quite like thrill of discovering new games and experiences. It’s why I have always loved playing games, and why I try to play everything. Seeing how much innovation there is in the industry across all corners – interactive storytelling, social gameplay, visual fidelity, live services -- drives our teams to push the boundaries and deliver the unexpected.

As a developer, all of this excitement can also be frightening. Starting from a clean sheet – no genre, no story, no gameplay design or systems, etc. – almost everything has to go right to see a new IP all the way through. And the truth of the matter is, a lot of great ideas on paper, never realize their full potential.

The time and investment is why new IP can be so risky. But when you think you have something special… you have to go for it.

And that’s what we have with Anthem. Ever since I heard the original concept, I’ve had a special passion for this game. I love the contrast of the beautiful, lush world with savage, exotic beasts. Seeing the advanced technology of the Javelin suits, contrast with the primitive and brutal ruthlessness of the environment.

Our team has incredible ambition for this title. They’re telling a new story, creating a social, co-operative experience, and putting it in a contiguous open world that is dynamic and will be ever-changing for years to come.

The time is right for a game like Anthem. The power of new consoles, the way genres are evolving and blending into each other, the way we are playing games together for longer periods of time through live service. You are going to love this game, this world and this experience. We can’t wait to share it with you in the Fall of 2018.

Source

2. ezkills

ezkills Big Bad Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    dam the trailer is actually seriously cool!

Bola_bola and fly2sky2night like this.
  3. CaMo141

CaMo141 DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    This game is going to be absolutely killer.. the trailer was amazing O.O

4. Masako

Masako Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    That gameplay is so awesome! :)

fly2sky2night likes this.
  5. Kapen

Kapen Big Bad Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    FUDGE!!!!! This game is sooo coool. I have a friend that has actually saw the game in its beta stages and it was legit good!

Bola_bola likes this.
  6. Aaddron

Credit:
    It's still pre-Alpha lol, might be getting a fish tale man.

7. ezkills

ezkills Big Bad Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    sweeeeet! once i get a proper pc, ill have to check out this game:D

Kapen likes this.
  8. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I had watched the gameplay of this game its really cool amazing graphics <3

9. Aaddron

Credit:
    It's too bad it's not coming until at least Fall 2018. Destiny 2 will have a huge head start but I suppose that could work in their favor too, people might be burning out on Destiny 2 by then.

Bola_bola and fly2sky2night like this.
  10. Masako

Masako Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I find Anthem more interesting than Destiny 2, just finished watching someone play it :p.

11. Aaddron

Credit:
    If they were both gonna be released soon then it'd make a difference but the problem is Destiny 2 releases this year and Anthem releases Fall of 2018 at the earliest. So most people will buy Destiny 2 regardless of thinking Anthem will be better.

12. Bola_bola

Bola_bola Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Yeah, I suppose both games have similar graphics and atmosphere(especially genre) Destiny 2 had the advantage of being developed earlier than Anthem, I think. I do hope that the plot is gooodddd :3

13. Kapen

Kapen Big Bad Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I hate this unreliability xD I trusted him :(

Aaddron likes this.
  14. Aaddron

Credit:
    Yea and EA even recently said they have a 10 year plan for Anthem, just like Destiny at it's launch. They are definitely aiming this as a Destiny competitor. It should be different enough, doesn't seem to be a clone but they have a ton of similarities at the core. I'm sure EA seen the cash Activision has been rolling in with Destiny and wanted one for themselves.

Bola_bola likes this.
  15. Bola_bola

Bola_bola Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:

wait... 10 years?? i doubt it :/ If they want it to be extensive in platforms and expansive in graphics and plot. I am okay with that. but if they keep showing teasers for couple of months then release a patch without the things shown, definitely not gonna include this on my bucket list.

16. Aaddron

Credit:
    They got some big plans but who knows right? They could release it and it completely tank lol. They seem to be putting a ton behind it, I'll give them props for pushing a new IP so hard but yea we definitely have not seen enough to justify it being some kind of super franchise. That said, Destiny has managed well so far so anything is possible.

17. Aaddron

Credit:
    Anthem has been delayed from Fall 2018 to Early 2019.