1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What awaits behind Adventure Gate?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Froi, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Interesting question. I don't think it's random adventures because that's what the Travel Crystal is for, unless AE plans to change that in the future. What I think the Adventure Gate near Cysero's Forge may hold are new locations leading to another forest, mountains, and treacherous adventures, or maybe PvP and arenas. Obviously nobody knows since nothing outside of the Adventure Gate hasn't been developed yet, at least none that we players are aware of.

2. ShadowGlobe

ShadowGlobe Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    It might be an event that opens 1 a year for a short amount of time, undead legions enter battleon.

Snowy likes this.
  3. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    Lots and Lots of cookies and smoothies?! :O

4. A gate that takes you to a new event sounds nice. Maybe the gate should be a place for events since the Travel Crystal is no longer used for events. The Travel Crystal is now used for fast travelling, so I think it would make sense for the gate to lead you to new events.

ShadowGlobe likes this.
  5. ugmsrocks09

ugmsrocks09 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I believe that as well, it's probably the whole section that connects to jumping into Greenguard instead of just walking back to see a new map. It'll make more sense to main storyline.

6. ShadowGlobe

Credit:
    Yeah, but like a seasonal gate that leads to different places all the time?

7. Sort of. I'm thinking walking to the adventure gate would bring up a menu that you can scroll through to choose an event to play.

ShadowGlobe likes this.
  8. ShadowGlobe

Credit:
    Yeah, and then a quick cut scene of player walking through the gate like they do for hero walking away from esplosions in films xD

9. I think a cutscene of the player walking through the gate may be too much, especially if players are going to use the gate frequently for events.

10. ShadowGlobe

Credit:
    No I mean, only you see it. Like all the other cut scenes?

11. Well if it's "only you see it played once", then it's probably fine, but they might have to add a replay cutscene button then. Then again, I think adding a cutscene for the gate's unnecessary since you'll most likely have an intro cutscene as you enter an event; watching two consecutive cutscenes is a bit weird.

12. ShadowGlobe

Credit:
    Oh yeah xD, I didn't think of hat, but it does add more to the rpg feel!

13. Izraphel

Izraphel Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Monsters, Rewards, Hardships and Death await the bravest among all heroes of lore who dare venture past this gate.... There you will find the hardest quests ever!!! You will require an iron will and a great skillset to be able to complete them and get to the great ancient treasures which have been long forgotten by men!!! :D

Whatever it is i hope its not going to be easy to complete/get the items....

ugmsrocks09 likes this.
  14. ugmsrocks09

ugmsrocks09 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Haha, from reading your post you should be the head-manager of the Advertisement of AQD3. I hope it'll be somewhat similar to what you have stated :)

Izraphel likes this.
  15. What about Doomwood getting the hardest quest though? I feel like the Blinding Light of Destiny quest from Artix in Doomwood would be harder than any quest past the adventure gate whenever they'll add it to AQ3D. I don't think AE will make any adventures from the gate, at least the majority of adventures, difficult since most players play casually.

16. Izraphel

Izraphel Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    The Blinding Light of Destiny quest will be Artix asking us to go past the Adventure Gate cause he lost his weapon. He asks us to retrieve it beyond the gate. He will explain the situation to us which is: (He got disarmed while fighting in BattleON and the axe got tossed behind the gate) and so the gates which rarely open will now for the sake of us going to get it!!!! AND IT WILL BE HELLISHLY HARD!!!!! muahahhahahah :p

17. OminusSky

OminusSky Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    They spent time on that door, I'm sure it will be good. :wacko:

18. Rakuh

Rakuh Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    somewhere leading for a new class?!? Ninja?!?

19. Kapen

Kapen Big Bad Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    hmm I am thinking for a new form of adventuring

20. Forgotten_Dream

Forgotten_Dream Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    same i think there is a boss or monsters that can destroy the battleon like big monster on "attack on titan" anime xD

lol xD

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2017
    Mayonnaise likes this.