1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

This or That AQ3D

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Nhecole, May 26, 2017.

1. Reynz

Reynz Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    they should made something to prevent black-marketing unless they want to ruin the game. i cant figured it out yet, but sooner or later "trading system" will comes up as they promised on Kickstarter Page~
    Or Maybe NOT~

Ylber likes this.
  2. CaMo141

CaMo141 DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    A lot safer and less chance of scamming

Oh the cringe that was terrible lol

Ylber likes this.
  3. Izraphel

Izraphel Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Same i made the blue sword first then the red one but i still use the blue!!!!

Ylber likes this.
  4. Caide

Caide Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I'd say if we could only have 1 then.....trading, it lets people get what they want on the go, and it encourages players communicating with each other in order to buy and sell things they might want/need as opposed to the quiet auction house where everything is automatic.

Ylber and ShadowGlobe like this.
  5. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    Blue One for me :p

Ylber likes this.
  6. ShadowGlobe

ShadowGlobe Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Here is my unpopular oppinion for the day, Trading. Why? Because an auction takes time to happen, people have to bid, if the trading system allows people to see what the other player is trading then you can avoid scam more easier. Trading would be faster, easier and more efficient, it also allows players to disscus prices and bargain in real time whilst you trade.

Ylber likes this.
  7. Reynz

Reynz Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    i dont think we can avoid scam from trading. No system is safe tho so both option always have bad aspect on security problems. and because its faster, easier and efficient it makes the problems even worse~ but i still believe it can be implemented with intelligence and maturity of the players~ unless the mods will get a huge jobs~

Ylber likes this.
  8. Both trade and auction have risks of scammers.

I think trade would have a risk because you trade in quick real-time unless AE adds a wait time before items are actually traded in, which I think could alleviate scammers. So for example, you trade an item and you have to wait a full 24 hours for the transaction to be complete; you can reject the trade within those 24 hours, if you feel like you made a mistake. I think that would be a simple solution, and trade gives you more freedom of choice in choosing who you want to trade with.

Auction can be abused, like if a scammer puts a not-so-worthy item up for bid and then hacks someone with millions of gold and starts bidding those millions of gold. I think it would be a bit problematic to reverse a bid, especially if the person hacked can't prove the person getting the millions of gold from the bid is a hacker. Maybe allow a 24 hour wait for each bid, but I think that would make auction extremely slow.

If I had to choose between trade and auction, I'd say trade is probably easier to manage.

Ylber and CaMo141 like this.
  9. CaMo141

Credit:
    Trading would be a lot more efficient as its real time (no bidding delay) but may be more prone for scamming if they dont implement certain aspects

Ylber likes this.
  10. Kapen

Kapen Big Bad Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I thought trading occurs real time? Hmmm I really dont get it on how people are scammed? Is there like a "window" that both of the parties involve can see the traded goods before both of them agrees for the trade?

Ylber likes this.
  11. The two biggest problems with trade would be players getting scammed (either by sharing their accounts or getting lured to giving a player an item worth a lot of value) and regulation (keeping the trade market fair for everyone). Yes, trade occurs in real time, but could have some delay if AE decides to put trade limits and transaction wait times.

Ylber likes this.
  12. Izraphel

Credit:
    Usually its the players fault because he is careless (due to the excitement i believe if he gets something good).. A way to get scammed is due to the similar item names and icons... the scammer declines the first trade and then retrades after that the careless person presses accept immediately and voila... thats the most basic example i could remember happening... there are other situations you could call scamming...

Ylber likes this.
  13. CaMo141

Credit:
    Trading is real time.. ? As opposed to auctions with the whole buyinh selling delay etc. And it just depends on how ae implements it. For example runescapes trade system originaly was terrible

Ylber likes this.
  14. Kapen

Kapen Big Bad Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    making trading real time should already fix the problem right? knowing already what both of the parties to exchange before actually echanging them will prevent scams entirely.

Ylber likes this.
  15. I don't think making trading real time would fix most problems, because it can be abused or used to scam, if it was real time. Here's my idea for trade, I think it would work well:

Both parties can trade, but they'll have to wait a while depending on the item rarity (junk: instantaneous, common: 10 minutes, uncommon: 2 hours, etc.). Within the waiting time, parties can decide to opt out if they regret their decision. Once the wait time is over, items from both parties get traded.

Ylber and Izraphel like this.
  16. CaMo141

Credit:
    Yeah but in runescape for example it was only a small check box that quite literally was the size of a pea that was easily overlooked so people took advantage of that and unclicked on the last second as it was difficult to see, meaning they got your item ans you didnt get theirs

Ylber likes this.
  17. Izraphel

Credit:
    Good suggestion kinda like the auction delays but between 2 players!!!
    So if someone wants to exchange a junk to an uncommon do the times get added? Like instantaneous+2 hours=2hours??

I would like to see how they could implement this and if they could would there be scams?? :D

Ylber likes this.
  18. Well I think crafting materials should just be junk rarity items, so the concept would work out better. Then people could trade crafting materials between each other instantaneously. If someone trades a junk and another trades uncommon, I think both would wait 2 hours, so then it's more fair for both players.

Ylber likes this.
  19. ugmsrocks09

ugmsrocks09 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I kinda want to see the bank similar to the runescape type of bank vault.

Ylber and Cyperior like this.
  20. CaMo141

Credit:
    But more like erebor xD