1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

what search engine do you use

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by shugo, Feb 23, 2011.

what search engine do you use?

1. google

23 vote(s)
    79.3%
  2. yahoo

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. zoeken.nl

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. yandex.ru

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ilse.nl

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. altavista

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. scoutjet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. other

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  9. bing

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I have mostly used Google but i also have used Bing and Yahoo just few times. Google is the one that i use because of consistence for the most searches i do.

2. Izraphel

Izraphel Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
  3. ugmsrocks09

ugmsrocks09 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Oh yeah, sometimes i do use bing mainly because of the points you can earn from that site as well.

4. Jeric dion

Jeric dion DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    Google all the time :D But theres a time that i use yahoo :p

5. subeJ

subeJ The Perfect Recipe Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    All in google. When I was younger, I have used altavista and yahoo.

6. ugmsrocks09

ugmsrocks09 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Altavista? What era was that from lol? The stone ages?

7. subeJ

subeJ The Perfect Recipe Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I've learned that from school and decided to try it during that time. Haha

8. I've started using DuckDuckGo more often, not exactly because of privacy although it is a small factor, but because I believe that the tech industry should be more diverse and not controlled as a monopoly. And one thing I like about DuckDuckGo is that you can actually customize your theme to dark theme, which I don't think you can do with Google. Another pro to DuckDuckGo is that it doesn't recommend any bias as the top search result (one of the problems with Google is that they've been biased for a long time and censoring certain search results).

Another thing great about DuckDuckGo, if you haven't already set it as your default search engine, is that it's less typing to go to the site (you just type duck.com or ddg.gg, which is less typing than google.com).

9. Chai

Chai Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Mostly, I've used Bing as my search engine (for about 3 years) because of its Microsoft Rewards program. Not long ago, I ended up redeeming my reward points on a $10 Best Buy gift card, because I saw a 128GB micro SDXC memory card at a reduced price on the Canadian Best Buy website. But if I want to search up a local address and directions, then I'd use Google.

10. Brave is coming out with a new search engine and this search engine happens to respect privacy like DuckDuckGo, so it's something I might try whenever it becomes available. For now, I'm still using DuckDuckGo, but I am looking forward to trying other search engines like the upcoming Brave.

11. Rizlaftw

Rizlaftw Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    None of the above I use CryptoTab,used to use Modzilla but I don’t since CryptoTab.

12. Seems obscure, but I guess it's cryptocurrency-related that not a whole lot of people would know or have heard about it, and it looks to be a browser. Personally I think a cyptocurrency extension for an existing browser is a whole lot better than installing a new browser specific to the task, unless you have multiple browsers each designed for their own purpose and for privacy concerns then I guess that's an alternative to consider.