1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What is one thing that you'd want to change in the world?

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by ugmsrocks09, Jul 3, 2017.

1. StormJayne

StormJayne Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    ahhh... the people... i mean not by replacing it by other type of lifeforms but..
    by replacing it the way they think and the way they take care of other species..

[​IMG]

2. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    To provide shelter to those people who had no money and also give them access to healthcare specially the people from 3rd World Countries, as i lived there before.

3. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I really would like to get rid of prejudice by some extent or just altogether because it can prevent many things from happening, like getting to know new people and become friends with them because of their background, skin color and beliefs. I guess it's safe to have some prejudice, but you know it could be better that you had none.

4. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    In order to do that, all of the greed that exists must be balanced out. Too many large businesses focus on wealth; yet, very little money goes to third-world countries. Philanthropy is the key to happiness.

5. Stroik

Stroik Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Stupid people bother me. But you know what they say, you can't fix stupid.

6. Raffiel

Raffiel Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I'd constantly change, "Myself" for the better ))

7. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Thinking about this thread, there are so many issues in today's world. Realistically, I want to see more justifiable reasoning in the policies that get implemented and a stronger acceptance in the rule of law (i.e. the Constitution), because there's a lot of bias, ignorance, and lack of judgment occurring in this world to this day, and it's only getting worse to the point where the United States is becoming a third-world banana republic rather than the global superpower that it once was after the world wars. And it's not just limited to the United States, because some of these policies affect other countries as well.

Just a list of examples...
    1) I want to see individualism be the core principle in people's beliefs, and not some group-think community beliefs being pushed by the government or by major institutions. For instance, identity politics and social politics is plaguing much of America today; so rather than being judged on merit, we're having establishment cronies telling people how they should run things and who they should favor. It's even gotten to the point where small businesses are being ignored their own freedoms and beliefs and that gets to my second point.

2) People need to understand that freedom isn't always one-way. For instance, a store might refuse to sell a wedding cake to a couple just because of their religious beliefs, and now we're seeing an explosion of "cancel culture" because people feel like their own freedoms are threatened (even though there are probably dozens of other stores that they could simply buy a wedding cake from). And what bothers me most is you get different reactions based on which religion that store believes in. In a bakery store that believes in Christianity, they get criticized a lot more for refusing to serve a cake than a bakery store that believes in Islam, mainly because the Islamic faith has stricter beliefs. I think the right to exercise religious beliefs is important, along with other Constitutional rights (speech, bear arms, etc.), and we're seeing those rights be threatened even more. Personally, I think if you don't like something, just create your own alternative thing, rather than destroying what someone believes in; that's essentially what Protestantism was in the middle ages, an alternative branch of Christianity to break away from the Catholic doctrine.

3) We need better protection to children more than ever. It pains me to see the evils of our government trying to manipulate children. The first example is abortion, which is really just infanticide; babies are getting rejected their right to live, and it's gotten to the point where even the most blantant excuses allow parents to go through with an abortion. There's nothing pro-choice about abortion at all, as much as the parents would argue that it's "their" freedom (see point #2 about freedom not one-way), because the baby doesn't get to make a choice at all. I think in the case of abortion, there are extreme circumstances where it may be justifiable (e.g. if the baby's life is already at immediate risk and there's no reason to prolong that and pay more expenses). Also I don't see abortion as a Christian view, but more of a humanitarian crisis.

The other threat to children is the view that parents can just change a kid's gender because of the way a child behaves (maybe a girl likes acting tomboyish or a boy likes dressing up); this, of course, isn't an attack on people who intentionally change their gender for themselves, because that's their choice. The problem is that children can't make rational decisions, especially at a young age, and their lives are often scarred because of stupid decisions that parents made for them. It's especially problematic, when one parent agrees and the other parent disagrees and they have to fight for a chain of custody.

And as much as people want to criticize websites (like YouTube) for blocking content featuring children or relevant to children, especially in the comment section, I think it's a right step. I think we need to be more stringent on how children and children-related media are presented on the Internet, because the Internet can be a dark place sometimes.

4) The Paris Climate Accord is hurting jobs, essentially everywhere. The biggest issue is that global warming/climate change is being exaggerated to the point where it instills fear in people and it makes people choose alternatives without realizing consequences. People tend to think that they can change the world by eliminating existing jobs that appear problematic, but it tends to make things worse and a lot of times the alternative isn't any better. Usually anything that instills fears (such as the current pandemic) gives opportunity for large corporations to thrive, and small businesses to sink, and it kills the overall diversity in America.

And the reality is that the Earth will continue to heat up, because that's just how entropy works; the largest source of heat, of course, comes from the Sun. I think the solution isn't to cut the things people depend on, but to actually improve on it. For instance, create more efficiency in engines, so that there's less heat being loss and more energy being produced.

The biggest problem is that people are being manipulated to believe something is better (and that's always been a marketing decision), and I think the prime example related to global warming would be electric cars. For instance, people see that electric cars themselves don't produced any greenhouse gases, so they think it's the best alternative, but there's a HUGE caveat that they're blindsided to actually see. When you recharge the battery to your car, just where does that electricity come from? Sometimes it could be from a coal plant, and you might not even realize it. Big corporations always find loopholes to exploit what people believe, and it's one of the biggest threats that the digital information era poses, especially when companies gather information to capitalize on what humans are thinking.

There are a lot more problems I could talk about that I'd like to see changed in the world, but those are just some examples. I could probably add more examples to this thread later on.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020