1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Magic Shield visual bug?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Blasphy, Oct 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Anyone noticed that you can't see any shield when you cast magic shield?

2. ZIFAna

ZIFAna DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I also dont see the look of the shield when doing that skill.
    But its function is still working normally?

3. Blasphy

1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Yep the 50% armor buff still there.

4. It's been like that for over a month now. I think the team removed the Magic Shield effect because players kept spamming the skill on other players. Honestly, I'm not too sure why it was removed.

5. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Yep it actually used to show that effect but it doesn't do that nowadays. Kinda strange considering most other abilities of this kind give visual effects but Mana Shield doesn't, i don't know why AE is treating it like so. I hope AE adds that effect back for Mana Shield, i kinda miss it now having that transparent light blue bubble show up around my character.

6. butt_hat_mcgee

butt_hat_mcgee Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    The only reason I could think of for it not showing up is a visual bug, perhaps something that's not really to troublesome considering a major class rework is right around the corner anyhow.
    That being said, I hate it, I hate it I hate it I hate it, not seeing the shield bugs the crap outta' me.

7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Yup, good thing is that class update is coming up this month so we can see that shield again, i hope we will see it when that update hits unless they replace that ability with new class changes but we really don't have that much info about that. We are getting ultimates, faster combat, bigger attacks and that's it when it comes to what we are going to get based on information we have received.
    They shouldn't remove Mana Shield, it is literally a life saver when you are taking damage or when you give to your party member so they don't get defeated easily.

8. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Now we know why they ddnt fix it because there will be a skill replacement RIP Mana shield you will be missed

9. butt_hat_mcgee

butt_hat_mcgee Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    Played the Ptr a day or so ago, was testing the new class update..... NO MORE MANA SHIELD!!!
    So as we know the classes are getting reworked here soon, and Mage has undergone a pretty drastic change, no more shield or shockwave, instead you have an ice lance and a meteor storm, mage is all about the crowd control/dps now, AND I LOVE IT

10. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I noticed that too, I reported it as a bug back in PTR but from some of the responses here it looks like it was intentional.

11. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i'll miss the mana shield, mages aren't very strong or have good damage per second

12. Blasphy

1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Anyway in PTR mage has no magic shield anymore :)

13. Except Mages are quite strong. Magic Shockwave does more damage than Whirlwind, but the cooldown is slower for Mage. Magic Shield provides excellent defense for a while, which is useful when the player is trying to cast a Fireball as a monster targets him/her, then the player can just kite the monster. I would say Rogue is the most underrated class, but I'm sure PTR will balance out the main classes.

14. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i'm talking about ptr ^^ i compared mage with rogue against valek in the ptr and even with mage kiting around the edges the mage couldn't win but rogue can stand in place and kill

15. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Well rest in piece Magic Shield, i saved my life with it quite many times just as i saved other peoples lives too. I will be missing that bubble around my character and this week according to latest release schedule these new class changes will go live so Magic Shield will not be around for much longer.

16. Froi

Froi Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I guess they removed the animation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.