1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D Leeching and leechers

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Heromanguy12, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    There are times when you are just farming with other people let's say a boss and there attends to be some people that don't really want to contribute to defeating the boss and still want to get loot, they are called leechers.
    I have seen really low leveled players (around level 3 or so) leeching high level bosses before and it's somewhat irritating to watch considering the fact that they are doing content out of their level range and just leech other peoples kills.
    What do you guys think about leechers? Should there be something to prevent leeching or are you okay with it?

2. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    why hate the nooobs. we noobs make the game alive c:

3. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Yeah i had gotten to a fight because of a lvl 7 leeching in Voidhall like whatd wrong with this people kek i told him to lvl up first but he ddnt listen and decides to insult the other people farming

4. herokae

herokae Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    A good idea would be to lock access to maps until the player gets the appropriate level or do all quests from the previous area, that way even if the player is at a low level at least he earned the right to be on the map.

Rex likes this.
  5. wulilions

wulilions MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    I reckon @herokae is making a good point, but I suppose on the other hand it stops players from really having an "open world" experience. But either way leeching is really annoying, used to happen when people farmed mobs on shadowskull bridge (Dont think it happens anymore but haven't been there in ages)!!

6. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    yes this was a problem in bridge way back lol.. anyways leeching is bad, and ppl leeching should feel bad... tsk3

7. Well there was a feature that was added to the game, which seems to fight against the idea of leeching. According to the AQ3D Patch Notes, "the first player to attack a mob will always be eligible for loot."

Knowing that, it would encourage players to go for the first hit on monsters. I'm not too sure what the feature is like since I cannot calculate how loots drop, but the way it sounds seem to counter leeching.

8. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    AE went a step back when it comes to preventing leeching according to newest addition to the patch notes. "Removed loot eligibility threshold from monsters." So now it doesn't even matter if you are first or not, if you contribute by at least doing one attack to target, you will be eligible to get loot. This change was done to fix issues with few quests, but in the grand scheme of things, leeching is easier yet again which i don't like that much.

9. valkangel

Credit:
    Hmm they might change that again in a future patch notes so we can only hope!

10. Well I'm glad they removed that eligibility threshold since it would make farming unfair for players farming low drop items like the the unconfirmed Drooster drop and rare chest items, but they'll need to find some kind of solution.

Maybe have the first player who attacks a monster have a chance of gaining more experience and gold since they have to deal with the monsters more, but that wouldn't solve much problem since the second player could join in and have to deal with more damage. Maybe in general, have the player who dealt the most damage from a monster gain more experience and gold instead.

11. valkangel

Credit:
    Having players get different drops from the same mob was a good first step... Dunno how to lessen leechers though im honestly out of ideas

12. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I think that being able to create/select instances for each map might solve this ... at least a little ...
    However, as the drain on server resources might not scale well, there should be some form of limitation on the number of instances that can be created ...

Btw, I too hate leechers ...

13. OminusSky

OminusSky Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Leeching is annoying, the people who leech are idiots. Having said that, I will keep the conversation going by arguing for leeching, because I will understand a certain point of view with AQ3D. Sometimes you must leech: When I started out I did do the skull bridge and ... leeched, just like everyone else. It seemed tolerated at the time especially from lvls 9-15. There are a lot less people playing at this time, because let’s face it, it’s boring, waiting between updates, when you have everything, crafted everything and quests are done. The noobs who need help, who ask for help, but on chat people stay silent. What about the noobs who are too shy to ask, sure it’s their problem but I will vouch for them and say.. dammit so many trolls and rude ppl in chat. Out of 3 replies they will get a sorry I’m busy, saracasm, and maybe a sure I’ll help. Finally I’ll say this, it is pointless to leech gear from high lvl bosses esp if you can’t equip it when you’re a lvl is lower than the gear. Yet again, even if voidhall is open, their are no parties to help craft crimson staff! Everyone has it now, so how are even lvl17 lvl18 ppl who just lvld up from being noobs supposed to farm it when no one is, and you know that hellish place needs a party? So low lvls are leeching when they can. If you are a noob, I’ll tell you leveling is easy if you just followed the quests, they all can be soloed AND like all the vets tell you, it’s the fastest way to exp and lvl. Crafting hard to get gear for stats, I’ll argue that a noob needs help in order to not leech.

14. Maelious

Credit:
    Hmm ... I don't think that farming ShadowSkull Bridge is necessary at all ... if you completed all the quest chains, you'd get to level 18 ... besides ... you are wasting time farming that ... there are many other, AND BETTER, things to farm ...

15. fallenCrest

fallenCrest Big Bad Ogre The Pit
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I don't really mind it tbh. But of course, I've had my share of frustration by them.

16. valkangel

Credit:
    I havent bothered to do last bit of ashfall 1 and the whole of part 2 and voidhall so i cant comment on anything about that, but I am still leveled max by doing darkovia... Point i guess im trying to make is people can be helpful if you have the same goals (farming rank in darkovia) but most people that arent farming are just afk and there's nothing we can do about that... So people might result to leeching sometimes prolly just because theyre bored or dont like soloing coz lets face it, soloing is boring most of the time.. hope i made sense lol

17. OminusSky

Credit:
    Oh yes I agree, I started late Jan. This was before Ashfall existed. Everyone leeched it then...

18. OminusSky

Credit:
    True true! Also, sometimes noobs are not true noobs, but an alt. I don’t have any alts. I’ve met vets who create alts just to troll. LOL so getting hostile to a leeching noob might but entertainment to some 2016 vets who have sba, bug zapper, all the talon gear leads a discord guild with 1,000 members. I’m not gonna name names XD

19. Definitely. Having private joins in an essential feature. AQWorlds has an option for players to join private maps and AQ3D could definitely use that feature. The current problem is that there aren't a lot of players on AQ3D right now, so it might not be the best idea yet. Maybe in the near future.

It's not the worst thing to experience. I'd rather have a player leech from me than a player kill-steal a drop from me. I understand that new players cannot solo monsters, so oftentimes they do have to leech, primarily because the storyline quests aren't well-balanced to level you up as you progress. As long as the people leeching at least help in some way, even if it means applying non-physical skills, then it's not really that big of a deal.

20. Maelious

Credit:
    Shouldn't it still work with a smaller population? You mean it isn't productive for the devs to work on this for now?