1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Possible Christmas Bundle

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by LaughingCoffin, Dec 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaughingCoffin

LaughingCoffin Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    really depends on the taste of each person

2. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    well I didnt really generalize so no harm done I hope.. :)

3. Not really. There are other things that can show players how old you are in the game like your char ID, an Alpha Knight badge, or maybe a really old, rare item. The only thing that these bundle badges tell players is that you bought a bundle, not much else. Now I can understand players wanting the badge for its art or just to collect them all, but not much else.

4. valkangel

Credit:
    Yes, only reason i see for badges is for collection purposes only... It gives a rough estimate of how long you were playing though...

5. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    These collections and badges which they provide are bought for a reason and this reason what i have seen is that people don't want to miss out on things. I mean some people will regret not getting a collection bundle when it first come out and thus lose "bragging rights" to them.

6. LaughingCoffin

LaughingCoffin Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Depends on the taste of each person :D i like collecting badge as long as im able to get em

7. I would still disagree with that. There are other ways players can see how old your character is such as the items you wield. A badge doesn't really show how long you play a game, just that you've collected the badge.

It's pretty much for collection. A lot of people want to be collectors, but that's already impossible knowing that players won't be able to collect every single item and badge in the game. Most players don't even have the "World Builder" badge or certain contest badges, so it's technically impossible to be a 100% collector at this point.

But still, badges don't show your character's age. People can collect badges, if they want to, which is totally up to them, but they shouldn't think of it as holding significant meaning for every reason they can think of.

8. valkangel

Credit:
    if you got let's say, the badge for alpha (if there is one) shouldnt that tell players that, you know, you played since alpha ? that shows a rough estimate of your account's age IMO... or if you got the "world builder" badge (which I assume is a kickstarter reward) then that would mean you played since kickstarter days.. see ? rough estimates :)

9. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    You really can't know for sure how long they have been playing by just checking their badges. Oh look this person has this badge, they sure have played for long time! You can't know that for sure so as you said it's a rough estimate.

10. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    If you created ur character during pre-beta and or alpha phase ur character is old but that doesn't mean you played a long time coz most old players are inactive right now.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  11. valkangel

Credit:
    like i said, rough estimate, doesnt matter if they are inactive atm what im getting at is they played a lot earlier that means they've been playing longer than some and their badge reflects that.

12. Blasphy

1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I know some people who created a lot of alts during pre beta coz they're planning to sell it on live! ILLEGAL but they get profit. You can't be certain about that since most players just made their old accounst to make alts, steal names and not even bother playing the game.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  13. valkangel

Credit:
    You know some people.. now what % of the game population is that? And if you cant understand what a rough estimate is then i dont know what to say anymore

14. Blasphy

1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Ok chill! I know what's a rough estimate im just saying that we can't be certain that they played a lot in earlier phase like what you said. During the old times the games population was not really that high if you think, the highest peak i've seen is from 2016 Halloween event. Again (you just said if i know what % of the game population is that?)I could say the same to you how many % of population is that? for those people whom you said who played longer in early times. I can even give the exact amount of players online right now and it's not really that great tbh , Indeed it's a rough estimate.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  15. Blasphy

1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I forgot to mention this but when the cap was still on lvl 15 you can actually see the date where ur account was created back then by checking ur stats ingame although they removed it.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  16. valkangel

Credit:
    That would've been a neat feature too bad it got removed

17. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It wouldn't hurt to have it back though, it's just a little detail which could turn out to be quite useful.

18. That is absolutely true. Even to show that the player is an old player, you can't rely on badges and items. For example, the former AQ3D staff member Fan was rewarded the Shadow Wolf Paw, but he created his account after the Kickstarter. Sure, some players may find that unfair, but other players might say that it's fair since Fan did help out the game. It just shows that badges and items don't always approximate the age of a player's character.

I have a ton of alts, but of course, I don't play on them often. I do occasionally play on my alts if I need to replay certain quests, find certain info about a one-time cutscene or quest, or refresh my experience on a particular saga for some reason.

I don't recall seeing that in-game, even when checking stats. I know you could find the date you created your account through account management. Back in Alpha, the AQ3D whitehats created "bots" to display information like character ID and gold amount, but they don't do that anymore, probably to protect certain players for some reason.

19. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    it's the last thing i'll buy to show support i think 2017 my family year complete, and i love that it has frost breath for every occasion

20. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Well that's what it's about in the essence really, you show support, you get cosmetic goodies and a badge to prove it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.