1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about AQ3D communities getting special capes?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Snowy, Dec 4, 2017.

1. LaughingCoffin

LaughingCoffin Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    true its special on its on way that artix approved logo for it :D

2. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I for one dont really look at badges tbh.. but if it was titles.....

3. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Ohh ... yeah ... titles would be nice :)

4. valkangel

Credit:
    At least with titles you can show it off in game and people would be like, how did you get those?

5. Legion Aranx

Legion Aranx Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Titles would be cool ( ' O ')

6. valkangel

Credit:
    Hella cool!

7. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    When we get them then we truly have a way to represent what we have achieved and such in game without having to go check player page from AQ3D.com. I do for one wait for titles to get added when AE has time to do so. Yes, i know we got in game items to show things off already, but titles do work well too!

8. valkangel

Credit:
    Yes, how to show off that you soloed that ultra hard boss? A title. Its not even hard to impliment since its just texts with a color or font style...

9. Probably more than that. I can see the official AQ3D Community on Facebook getting its own cape since that community is perhaps the most recognized community for the game, if any of the community leaders fill out the form. It'll be a matter of time until Artix start reading the forms and responding to recipients, so there's a lot of time for community leaders to fill out forms. I've already seen many people create ideas of what their cape should look like.

But there is a drawback to promoting communities, like if a community suddenly turned wicked after receiving capes. Then the AQ3D team would be promoting a corrupt community and it would make the AQ3D team seem responsible for its actions instead of the corrupt community. It's a risky decision, but I don't think any community will turn corrupt.

10. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I don't think that a community would just suddenly turn rogue after let's say it has been stable and friendly. I wouldn't count out the possibility of that happening though because anything can happen really. A little spark can make a big fire as the saying goes.

11. Maelious

Credit:
    They could simply change the cape design for such communities and reset it to display to look like the cape you can buy for gold in the introduction area, or simply just delete those capes.

12. valkangel

Credit:
    Yea at the endof the day,AE still holds rights to the capes and can remove them if they deem necessary

13. They could, but that may stir a lot of outrage on social media if players were in favor of the cape before it was changed or was deleted which is another problem that could occur. Promoting communities is a very risky decision, because you can never predict what will happen to a community in the future. Also what about if the community becomes dead or removed in the future? Then would that mean capes should still be available in the game? I wouldn't expect most communities to last as long as the game itself, especially YouTubers, since they'll change over time.

14. Maelious

Credit:
    Seems like a can of worms they are fine opening. However, since they have decided to make such capes available to all ... there isn't much of an issue I feel. I also think that it is perfectly reasonable to assume that if a community changes, then so too can their willingness to allow a cape for that community - outrage or no.

Just my opinion, but to me, these things aren't important because of the above.

15. valkangel

Credit:
    agree they ultimately reserve all right to items they make since, you know, they make them... its their prerogative to do whatever they feel is necessary to these capes regardless of result

16. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    The real question is how many of those communities will be approved by Artix since he never mentioned the minimum (likes,followers,members etc.) I'm hoping that AQConnect will get it's own custom cape :D

17. valkangel

Credit:
    What i hope is that its not just capes but helmets, belts, boots, etc... So we can have a whole set made up of different community items!

18. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    It's actually quite good. But unneccessary (at least for me)

19. Well that is true that they reserve the right to change/remove items if necessary. I remember in AQWorlds when the AQWorlds team took player suggestions and one of the suggestions was called "Xusha's Curse," but because the suggestion was stolen, they renamed the item to "Liar's Curse" and changed the art of the armor some years later. The AQWorlds team even created an item called "NaN Cat," but changed the old art to something else because it was too close to the Nyan cat intellectual property.

With capes in mind, they do have the rights to change the cape or remove it. With a good reason why, that wouldn't stir a lot of trouble in the community since some previous incidents in other AE games weren't controversial at all. Hopefully, the AQ3D team won't have to change or remove the cape, and fortunately it costs gold, so there wouldn't really be issues for the AQ3D team itself.

20. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    the cape that made me feel the strangest was estia because of exclusivity, and there are important things to be excited about in the future and what you have now than a new leader not accepting you