1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

New Yulgar's Inn

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by LegendaryGriefer36, Dec 22, 2017.

1. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    What are your thoughts about the newly redesigned yulgar's inn in aq3d?

2. Wished the paintings were still around, especially the old Twilly painting that used to hang in Yulgar's Inn. I still prefer Boog's Tavern though because it feels more open. Yulgar's Inn feels cramped with all of the Frostval decorations everywhere, but it is somewhat of an improvement. It's unfortunate players can't stand on any beams since the new Yulgar's Inn doesn't have them anymore.

3. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    All around i think that new Yulgar's Inn is just great! There is more room and there are finally chairs you can sit on! Frostval decorations are a great touch and those painting are not there though, but they get added back after Frostval ends most likely. People wanted this improvement, we got it and everyone is happy (i hope).

4. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    happy with the improvement! and yes the painting will be back after frostval ends ! :)

5. LegendaryGriefer36

1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Overall im pretty impressed on what AE made to Yulgar's Inn. More space and the designs are pretty good almost all things are in a place where its perfect to look at. (Ps: i will be missing the old Inn and my floating place xD)

They said the paintings will come back when frostval season has ended.

6. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    It's been awesome. I like how it's messy like a real adventurer's rest stop. Feels more and more like an mmo now :p

7. I've actually noticed that from the latest news, and perhaps the team took notice of some of the things I've been talking about on Twitter. Not much of a surprise to be honest. I remember first mentioning the paintings to Cysero, and I find the paintings to be some of the defining pieces of the game. The Twilly art, for instance, symbolizes AdventureQuest as a whole. At least they'll be returning once the Frostval decorations are taken down at Yulgar's Inn.

8. valkangel

Credit:
    Might have something to do with object limits cysero was talking about? This was the case for mobs (hence why there were no drooster)

9. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    cysero talked happily about that music pre-release for good reason

10. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Looks nice and festive

11. LegendaryGriefer36

1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I love how they added lots of tables and lots of foods but eh we cannot eat xD

12. valkangel

Credit:
  13. Speaking of music, it would be interesting if players could pick out their own music. Perhaps have a jukebox in Yulgar's Inn and the player can choose which song he/she wants to play, then the music will play locally (so only the player who selected a song can hear it). Probably wouldn't make so much sense since there is the Yulgar's Inn band, so perhaps make the band members interactable instead and have players select music that way.

Didn't know lobsters existed in the AQ3D universe. Would have been fitting if it was a Clawg arm instead.

14. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Speaking of food, we really need more food consumables because we only can mostly eat fruit and desserts so eating lobster wouldn't hurt at all.

15. valkangel

Credit:
    A jukebox would be a good idea.. dunno how that could be implemented though

16. LegendaryGriefer36

1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Thats actually a good Idea. I prefer the band to be interactable than a jukebox but a jukebox will also be a great addition to aq3d

17. valkangel

Credit:
    lol yea but maybe have premade music that you can choose from ? so it's not too hard to implement...

18. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    The new yulgar looks really good, time to afk there.

19. LegendaryGriefer36

1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Yeah of course xD

20. They could make it so interacting with food in the overworld did random things, and I mean random for the silliness of the feature. For instance, if you interact with the lobster in Yulgar's Inn, you should get food poisoned (lose health over time), gain a lot of attack power, instantly die, regain health, etc.; have the feature be random every time, so you never know what will happen.

Definitely have it so players can choose their favorite song. If song selection was a thing in AQ3D, I would probably have music turned on in the option menu.