1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Minecraft advice.

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by ShadowWarrior, Dec 22, 2017.

1. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior MMORPG Addict The Pit

Credit:
    List your advices on playing newer versions of Minecraft.

2. Vlajo

Vlajo Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Play 1.8 i dont like new versions

3. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior MMORPG Addict The Pit

Credit:
    I agree, last time I have played Minecraft I played 1.8 because it's the best, the newer ones are too moderated.

4. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Havent looked up whats new on the updates but try 1.8 in PC and the latest update on mobile if you play PE

5. Well my advice for newcomers and returning players playing on newer versions of Minecraft would be to use the Minecraft Gamepedia since there may be certain crafting recipes players aren't familiar with. The kinds of information you find on the Minecraft Gamepedia can be really helpful when playing through the game and understanding it.

6. I think some other good advices, especially in the newer versions of Minecraft would be:
    - Craft a bed as early as you can, and sleep at night every two days, so you don't have to deal with Phantoms. Of course, it's not a big deal if you're going to be underground all night, but it's useful when you're playing competitively (like in a UHC PvP map). It's never a good idea to be trapped in PvP with Phantoms attacking you.
    - Don't just assume a sword is the best weapon. An axe can be quite handy for taking down certain mobs in one hit.
    - Be well equipped for The End, because it's a lot harder than it used to be.

7. Mseehr

Mseehr Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    I love 1.7.2
    good old days :')