1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D Battleon attacked by the Frostlorn Raiders!

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Heromanguy12, Dec 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    just checked and yea... that does seem like an oversight, if not, then I dont see no point in even obtaining it...

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yeah, it's disappointing that the new set doesn't have any stats. All of that effort just for cosmetic items. I wish they made it so we could upgrade those items, sort of like how we could upgrade Nightlocke items to higher levels. I hope the game won't be 95% cosmetics and 5% items with actual stats, but it's already looking like that may be the case.

3. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    The 10 players dungeon raid is out boiz check it out if you still havent

4. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I did check it out and i did it few times. It's basically fighting 3 normal bosses at same time while occasionally there is a level 5 minion spawn which is way too weak obviously. AE could have made that minion stronger though.

5. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    The challenge itself wasn't challenging at all of course. I felt like more balance between the Labyrinth dungeons and the challenge could have been considered.

Pros:
    - Frostlorn weapons drop much easier, so no more RNG
    - There are new items to collect

Cons:
    - Have to play through very grindy dungeons to get item requirements to craft Frostlorn items
    - Challenge map isn't really a challenge

6. valkangel

Credit:
    Yea, it was really simple for a challenge which is sad...

7. fallenCrest

fallenCrest Big Bad Ogre The Pit
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    If they introduce support classes, like healers and buffers, and actual tanks then they can EASILY make harder and challenging boss fights.

Under the current classes, if they were to make a “challenging” fight then it would just be an extremely overpowered health sponge and people spamming potions, dying and respawning constantly then attacking again. Let’s be real; is that really a skillful challenge or just tedious?

A real challenge would be:
    -tank: staying alive and gaining threat. Can have an off-tank as support.
    -healers: keeping those tanks alive and the dps
    -buffers: maxing the potential through buffs of tank, healer, and dps classes alike
    -dps: dishing out as much damage as possible to end the fight quickly

Question is: are they designing the game this way? Can they? If they dont then it will cause huge game rebalancing in the future. It’ll turn into AQWorlds messed up PvE system.

8. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    They should make the 3 bosses even stronger

9. valkangel

Credit:

this would be good if AE changes it's mind regarding not having healers in game... Another idea off the top of my head are skill trees... maybe have some of the skills diverge ? ex. warrior skill 3 could have a def boost when hitting multiple mobs... mage lightning skill could be a buff for atk spd and so on...

10. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Skill trees will never happen that's what Cysero said during mokami's interview "Our team won't be able to make skill trees" It's somehow complicated ingame due to limitations. The Steam even warned them already about their game being laggy, because of their implementations in the game.

11. valkangel

Credit:
    well that sucks that means they need to optimize their game more... sucks that it'll only remain as my past time and nothing more if this goes on...

12. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I don't see how skill trees would necessarily make the game laggy as much as animations would. Perhaps certain coding styles using excessive memory could trigger that, but I would assume animations and polygons would cause the most lag. It's strange if Steam warned the team about the game being laggy, because then the lag on mobile devices could be even worse. I do hope for workarounds for skill trees, so then we can have more variety during combat. I think that would make battles such as the Frostlorn Raider challenge more varied and fun. Imagine if the Frostlorn Raiders had a random set of skills every time we battled them; there would be an unpredictable combination of what the raiders could do and the battle wouldn't necessarily feel all the same.

13. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    im glad roland is back with all the crafts from last event. bcoz i deleted many defender items last time due to lack of inventory space. now i crafted them all :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.