1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D Frostlorn Boss Raid

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Heromanguy12, Dec 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    We are getting our first piece of raid content (which is seasonal) to AQ3D and it's 10-player group against 3 leaders of the Frostlorn Raiders. It apparently takes place in a single room with those bosses according to Artix's comment from design notes.

This comment right here:
    AQ3D Artix (Adam Bohn) talking about upcoming Frostval raid 2612_17.PNG
    And here is that screenshot he spoke of:
    [​IMG]

So what do you guys think how this triple boss encounter works out? Is it just a normal boss fight with 3 bosses without anything special or can they do something else besides smacking us with their weapons and use like one ability each which we can already use too?
    I hope this is not going to be too easy, but that 10-player cap for this fight at least makes me think that it's difficult compared to a normal dungeon boss fight. We already had something similar to this with Enraged Valek before player limit change with dungeons, but it wasn't really too challenging even though he does quite a bit of damage without anything too fancy and of course it was a single boss encounter.

2. fallenCrest

fallenCrest Big Bad Ogre The Pit
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I see it as a three boss battle.
    Pull one, kill, repeat

3. Thomas Grassl

Thomas Grassl Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I wonder if there will be exclusive item drops?

4. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Might be the winter aura drop? Not sure what other drops we might get ...
    Should be fun ... as long as the drop rates aren't too low

5. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    yea the winter aura is still missing.... also I hope there wont be bugs to exploit on release day this time around... :D

6. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    So it's sort of like the Enraged Valek dungeon. I just hope this raid's not super grindy; I'm not a fan of holiday releases that are very grindy because holidays only come once a year. I already felt like the Frostval release we had was enough, and I haven't even farmed for the Frostlorn weapon drops or the new craft items from Blizzy yet.

7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I haven't done all farming with Frostval either so i do hope this raid isn't as grindy as Frostval dungeons are because that would a hassle to deal with unless you have everything done so far already.

8. valkangel

Credit:
    Werent frostval dungeons reworked so that they were easier to do? I think cysero mentioned something like that

9. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Im pretty excited I hope they also add the weapon drops in the dungeon ^w^

10. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Nope. The dungeon's essentially the same, though they did change the quests and monster drops a bit to make the quests easier. It's pretty much the same grind after completing the quests though, and the map's still not mobile-friendly. I do hope the boss raid is quick though, but challenging.

11. valkangel

Credit:
    well, i wont be doing the quests for frostvale though so it wouldnt matter at least to me... :D

12. LegendaryGriefer36

1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    The challenge for me honestly is kinda meh its just a small room with unlimited respawn of bosses. I like how they added some dialects for the raiders tho

13. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I was expecting something like this to happen, but hey at least people who were done got more things to do again so there's that.

14. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Even though there were dialogues, the challenge didn't feel so interactive, and the dialogues had a few silly typos. Now if a cutscene (around Ashfall-quality) played upon defeating the Frostlorn raiders, it would have felt more interactive, because there would be a lot of cinematic action going on.

15. LegendaryGriefer36

1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    But overall I still love the update more cooler gears wooo

16. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Dage is working on Winter Aura(Hoping will be added n game), prolly because of the animation due to steam limitations/ a.k.a cross platform. Let me be honest here the RAID was boring no boss mechanics at all and the players just standing there doing nothing waiting for the loots, It seems the other thread about "BIG RAID ISSUES/AFK" is actually happening.

17. darbove36

darbove36 Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I dont like it. there was stay 3 boss. it is too easy. i crafted all item in my half day.

18. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    The raid didn't feel like a raid at all. It just felt like any ordinary boss fight, except players had to defeat the bosses multiple times just for drops. That's about it, you defeat monsters all for drops; no quests or various map parts to accompany the raid, and the monsters weren't even a challenge. I felt like more time could have been devoted to fixing the Frostval dungeon instead of creating the raid map.

I don't like that there's no support monster. There should have been some Frostlorn Healer who would have acted as a support for the three raiders, so then the battle would have more challenging.

19. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    There is one and it's called Snowcrasher, but it isn't threatening at all because it gets destroyed in seconds after it spawns. I do agree that there should have been some kind of healer monster, but AE didn't bother to make this "challenge" challenging enough.

20. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Snowcrasher didn't really feel like a support monster since it never did last long. Even players have tried to cheesed the map by only attracting certain raiders, but not the Snowcrashers, so everything felt much easier in that sense alone. Even with players jumping in and attacking all of the monsters, the challenge's pretty easy. It takes about 15 minutes to get a full stack of drops from the raiders; whereas, it may take 20 minutes or longer to get just a Yettun Fur or even a Yettun Horn from the Epic Yettun Cave dungeon which is a lot more challenging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.