1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Minecraft is boring now

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by hrvojee, Apr 18, 2014.

1. hrvojee

hrvojee Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Hi friends,hrvojee here,
    First let me introduce myself.I come from Serbia and I play a lot of computer games.I'm an oldschool player of Minecraft,I played it for about 2 years.Now,Minecraft is boring.They put in a lot of new things and it does not give me the passion it has given me before.You can comment what you think about this. PEACE

2. Aki013

Aki013 League of Legends Player Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Welcome man HF.
    IDK about mc to me is still good :D

3. NoVaZz[E]

NoVaZz[E] MMORPG Addict Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Thats your opinion,Minecraft is still good maybe not as fun at it was before but still milions of people are playing it.

4. hrvojee

Credit:
    Yeah it's just my opinion,but back in the beta days it was really really really fun because you had to do your own things to survive and we didnt have mods back then and we didnt have cheats back then.

5. NoVaZz[E]

NoVaZz[E] MMORPG Addict Ogre Warrior

Credit:
  6. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    It's pretty much the same game that it was in beta just with more stuff, it's a lot better game now than it was... so much more to do. I think your just tired of the game and think the past was better because that is when you were having the most fun. :)

Don't forget most of Beta didn't even have a hunger bar, heath was regened automatically... it's actually harder to "survive" now than it was back then.

7. hrvojee

Credit:
    Yeah but oldschool Minecraft was a lot better

8. MaurizioAM

MaurizioAM Little Spike

Credit:
    sometimes changes are not always good. Some will not like it some will. I personally never really liked MC.

If you are bored and want to check out something similar to MC, Notch the dev of MC worked on Wurm Online for many years before leaving to make MC. Wurm is a bit different though. Other then that Life is Feudal is being made right now and seems to be a mix of games like Wurm/MC, darkfall, eve, Ultima online, so its a mixture of many good games.

All 3 games Minecraft, wurm and LIF all share a similar type of game play but each all add something different to the table.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
  9. molnyi

molnyi Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    To me that game aint boring. It's funny if u know how to make it fun and what to do to keep entertained.

10. Glorious

Glorious DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    problem with minecraft is that it lacks long-term goals and any real danger to your base of operations. no matter how much new things you can build, they cant make up for what's not there. i wish monsters would come after you and destroy your home.

11. Korni

Korni DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    mine craft with some modes sucks.....

12. Velja99

Velja99 Elite Ogre New Ogre

Credit:
    I think it is boring too. I stopped playing it for a while :(

13. Dragan945

Dragan945 I'm the Gamer ;] The Pit

Credit:
    Hmmm... Agree with you, in minecraft uploading new thing too fast i cant all remember now i stopped playing minecraft... :(

14. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    What version do you have? If it is the premium version there is a lot to do including to play with us:).

15. Glorious

Glorious DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    thinking about minecraft makes me remember stuff about it that was fun, now i feel like playing it again, too bad i cant get my server up and running smooth.

16. I would have to disagree with that. Minecraft has changed so much that if you looked from an early version of Minecraft and now, there are significant changes. Minecraft is never "boring", because you can do practically anything you want, especially since improvements like the introduction of command blocks, custom worlds, and even new items.

I would even say Minecraft has made great recent progress such as the Nintendo Switch port, the 3DS release version of Minecraft, and the Better Together update.

17. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    It is understandable that Minecraft can get stale after a while just like any other game but we are talking about a sandbox game when pretty much unlimited possibilities. Minecraft has received many updates and it has received other ports as well. I don't really agree on oldschool Minecraft being better considering that it lacked soo many things and features compared to what we have right now. If you get bored while playing Minecraft, try play it different way like playing challenge maps or messing around in Creative mode.

18. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    You made rhis post year 2014 and in that year I was addicted to pocket edition I play in LBSG servers I was pretty popular back then so I cannot agree to you that mc is boring on that year

19. You could still play old school Minecraft or the newer versions, which is the great thing about Minecraft. I think there's an option in the Minecraft launcher somewhere to do that. I do agree that newer versions of Minecraft has more features compared to the older versions, but it's mostly preference, I guess.

I like that Minecraft can be played on different platforms, like with Pocket Edition. It gives the game more variety, which is one of the things I like about the game. It's hard to consider the game to be boring, when you can create new experiences and play however you'd like to.

20. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Maybe because he ran out of ideas on what to do or he doesnt know about any ggood servers existing on that year