1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D Item drop rates and drop rate information

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Heromanguy12, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    There are items in AQ3D which you can get from monsters and chest loot. They have this one thing in common, they all have drop rates! We all know those times when new sought after items get added to the game and we can in this case get them from this specific monster or a dungeon chest, but we don't know how likely we are able to get these items. The items which we can get as loot have a specific chance to appear and in most cases this chance isn't always obvious.
    There has been confirmations for some items already from AE staff, but most of the items in game don't have a confirmation and players make up their own drop rates for them which are likely to be accurate or way too far from the truth. So the question is that should AE be more generous with drop rate information or do we have to scratch our heads to figure them out with manual testing? You could argue that we can get a drop rate for a specific item from AE staff and that is correct, but wouldn't it be more preferable solution to just have more information regarding to item drop rates in general?

Brav3Heart likes this.
  2. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    drop rates for every items would be too cumbersome a task.. maybe give drop rates for rare and above rarity ? so we can at least know how long to get those most sought after items (ZARD HEAD 2 MONTHS FARMING NO DROP GG)

3. I feel like there should always be mentions of these low drop rate items somewhere in-game to be honest, not just for the Wiki to do all of that work to provide information. For instance, it makes a whole lot of sense to put all of the dungeon chest loots on the dungeon menu screen where it shows all of the items you can get. It'd even be great if NPCs made mentions of the low drop items to give the game more of a verifying proof and some mystery. For instance, an NPC could say, "rumor has it that the Drooster beholds a dark gold sword cursed by a great king." It adds more flavor to the game, a sense of exploration, and a sense of mystery to figure out what the item is. It's one of the mystery elements AQ3D could improve greatly from.

Brav3Heart likes this.
  4. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I do agree with item listing for dungeon menu because some dungeons have more loot that it has listed which makes impression that this is all you get and that's it even though reality is different altogether. NPCs giving hints about items is also a good idea and i could see something like this utilized in the future.

5. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    This would be a great idea

6. It's also more encouraging, when you see a dungeon full of items. For instance, if Necrohen Hat, Soulborne Axe, and all of the hard drops were mentioned in the dungeon list, more players would be aware and would probably spend more time in dungeons. Since not everyone uses the Wiki, a dungeon that only lists a few items would garner the least amount of players. For a game that doesn't have a strong player population, having dungeons with plentiful items would keep the game progressing, or at least it'll seem that way.

7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    The AQ3D team should raise awareness by mentioning existence of AQ3D wiki! I have seen other developers do it with their games so what about AE does it with AQ3D?

8. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Perhaps put the item drop rate in the item description?

9. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    they should let people know what they're in for

10. Well they do have character pages in other games where you can click on the item name and visit the Wiki page for it, but AQ3D's character page is a bit different. Item names aren't displayed on AQ3D's character page. Maybe in the future, we could see the developers show some support for the Wiki, but the game's still in Beta.

Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me, but it might look all cluttered when you see the description, the drop rate, the date obtained, and so many other stuff in one place. Also, it does add a bit of mystery, when the drop rate is unknown, but I do think it's important to mention the drop itself rather than the drop rate somewhere in the game, like through an NPC.

11. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It that case, it would be better to have drop chances added to descriptions of the items which have a low drop rate and leave other item descriptions untouched.

12. LegendaryGriefer36

1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    True people will most likely just give up

13. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Yep, some people would just give up on a rare item (like Soulborne Axe) because there isn't really anything hinting that you can get it from chests. Sure there is wiki for AQ3D and there are quite many people already aware of where you can get SBA from, but having it appear in dungeon menu loot section would be a good thing to have.

14. And you can't forget that some of the older players aren't aware. For instance, Soulborne Axe used to be obtainable back in Pre-Beta from Gaz's shop. Returning old players probably wouldn't think too much about the weapon since they've seen it in Pre-Beta before.

Updating the dungeon menu loot section would encourage more activity quite honestly, and I do hope it gets updated for all of the dungeons. It really seems like the AQ3D team is just adding items used in crafting (for the most part) on the loot section, but there are better loot you can find in certain dungeons.

15. LegendaryGriefer36

1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    True that, they really should update it.

16. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i wish that low drop rate items are beautiful. zard helm drop rate is so low but its so ugly. so i dont wear it much even though i have it. if it was beautiful i wud always wear it

17. Rueness

Rueness Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    It would be helpful if theres some drop rate info we cn look up on aq3d site, even not in game. Maybe a table of all items and their drop rates or somethig

a likes this.
  18. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Yeah agree it's one of those items where it's satisfying to own because of the difficulty it is to get but it's not something you wanna wear all the time unless you're playing around

a likes this.
  19. Brav3Heart

Brav3Heart Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    A drop rate info could be very helpful for rare hunters. Players will have a knowledge whether they will pursue to hunt for it or give up. And i agree on that zard rare headgear. That was kinda ugly to be a rare and i feel like if i got will it be worth it cuz it doesnt suit to any set of armors.

20. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    Add more rare drops to the game pink and black