1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Ghost following

Discussion in 'Forum and Site Support' started by Rex, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    On my profile it says I'm following 7 people but in reality I'm only following 6 people. Is that a bug or does that mean someone i'm following has their profile on private? or maybe they were clubbed possibly?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I'm thinking it's related to either a perma-ban, aka the account may have been deleted since just being in the pit doesn't remove them from your list or it's just a glitch in the matrix. Or maybe a glitch with a name change too. Not sure. Interesting issue.

Rex likes this.
  3. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I have a listed total of 176 followers, but when I check I only get 156, I count 253/267 following and 317/343 followers for Aaddron. I have no idea what privacy settings do to that count, but I assume perm bans are the culprit for everyone whose account is newer than the Xenforo forum and a combination of than and weird stuff for those of us with older accounts, with privacy settings a possibility.

Rex likes this.
  4. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    update: It seems unfollowing someone (who was recently just placed in the pit) fixed this issue, he wasn't in the pit when I made this thread but just a simple unfollow did the trick. Now it shows the proper number of followings. very weird.