1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Most Hardcore Farming Game

Discussion in 'Mobile Online Games' started by Awen Blade, May 14, 2017.

1. Awen Blade

Awen Blade King of Bananas The Pit

Credit:
    What game that really needs a hard core farming? for me its AQ3D now.. esp. the Gold and exp... :p

2. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Hardcore farming? I would say AQ3D since that game has lots of items needed to craft a single weapon/set

3. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    aq3d. there are so many rare items to hunt and some hard core gold farmers competing to have the most amount of gold

4. subeJ

subeJ The Perfect Recipe Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Last Day on Earth Survival for me. Even materials to craft items are rare. AQ3D aint too hardcore tbh.

5. Straw

Straw Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Adventure quest 3D. I still find it hard to get rare drop chest items especially that Soulbourne Axe :( , also the gold.

6. Rueness

Rueness Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Agreed. Started Last day on earth for a couple of days then realized how much grindy it is, so i quit. Dont have the time to commit to it yet.

7. subeJ

subeJ The Perfect Recipe Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Even the walls are very hard to upgrade to max level. Tho before the update last october, walls require less materials. After that update I played less and less until I quit lol. Too grindy and we can say pay to win.

8. Inariya

Inariya Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I'd say guild wars has some serious farming. Getting end game items drops require some real coordination between players... and AH prices are nuts for some items

9. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    AION Online. I remember farming an end game dagger that drops from a boss in an open pvp map, where all races can pvp while killing the boss The loots goes to the players with high damage.

10. Deku1

Deku1 Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    i think aq3d....... a lot of quests.....

11. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    AQ3D is mainly a grindfest ... atm

12. Ophidius

Ophidius Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Aq3d, gotta love the grind. As long as I have something to grind and something to complain about I'll be happy.

13. There's a tendency to pick any MMORPG or RPG as "hardcore farming games," but the farming tends to be more short-term for a specific objective, and it's really up to the player to choose what they want to do in the game (since farming is usually NOT the primary objective of those genres); most of the time farming in MMORPGs and RPGs is completely optional, so I wouldn't necessarily consider the vast majority of MMORPGs or RPGs to be "farming games".

If you really want farming games, then any idle game would fit that category best. Some idle games take months to complete, and require active participation like redeeming daily prizes or watching daily ads (to help boost experience or boost whatever incremental equivalence there is), or buy upgrades after some progression (which often allows you to earn more experience, profit, or whatever the idle game uses as a form of speeding up progression). Personally, I'm not a fan of long-term idle games, but there are a bunch you can find throughout the Internet and on mobile app stores.

14. Ophidius

Ophidius Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Don't think idle games count as a grind. Grinding IS something you choose to do. Leveling up is just part of a game, all though some games make the last few levels a grind (I say this because you can beat the game and complete all content without reaching max level. IE diablo2, POE). THE grind is doing something over and over, and Over and OVER and OVER!, that is not required, just to get something that you want. To me if its needed, or if it's the whole point of the game, it's not a grind, then you are just choosing to play that type of game. Just my personal opinion.

15. I never implied the word "grind", and while grinding and farming are similar (and sometimes interchangeable) in that you perform tasks repeatedly over and over again, I think there is a distinction. To me, grinding is about doing repetitive tasks just to achieve an end product (e.g. earn a rewarding weapon or get a world record on a speedrun), and usually that one goal is more specific to the objective than the game. Farming on the other hand, is more like accumulating resources and making progression with those resources, and idle games tend to take advantage of that concept far more than other games do, while it's more like a subset for MMORPGs and RPGs.

Nevertheless, I still don't consider RPGs or MMORPGs to be "farming games", because their primary objective isn't farming at all (it's usually story and combat). Idle games are closer to true "farming games", because you're constantly earning resources and spending those resources to build up more resources.