1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

RuneScape Discussion

Discussion in 'RuneScape' started by Drama, Apr 11, 2011.

1. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Back in ye olde 2006 (update) the Construction skill was released. Houses were historically a major social area, people would throw house parties to celebrate achievements or to have people run through their own dungeon. You can make a kitchen and cook in it, a dining room or sitting room for sitting in, hire a servant or butler to greet guests and serve tea, a menagerie to place the variety of pets in-game in, an aquarium to place eggs you find while fishing in and decorate, then you can dive in and look around your aquarium. You can also build a chapel to place an altar in, which allows you to restore your prayer points in your house but also provides the most popular form of prayer training in-game. There's a portal chamber that you can attune to various destinations, and and a study for creating teleport tablets and using a telescope to find fallen stars. There's also a costume room that allows you to store sets of gear and capes in. Some of these have become more and more niche over the years, but ultimately it's still got a fair amount of depth.

ogreman likes this.
  2. NeSsQQuiCk

NeSsQQuiCk Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I'm trying to get back to RS for the third time and I just can't, the game is so different from what it was 10 years ago :(
    Guess I will just have to move on lol

3. p

Credit:
    If you're still interested in trying but just can't handle the combined weight of 10 years of updates breaking the nostalgia, you could always play Old School RuneScape. It was put online almost four years ago based on a mostly complete backup of the game from 2007. They do get updates of their own too now, but it'll feel a lot more familiar.
    Old School RuneScape - Play Old School RS

4. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    P, do you still play Runescape? If I remember well, you used to play it much.

5. p

Credit:
    I've gone through periods of activity and inactivity, but I've been playing it a lot since June, getting back into the swing of things. I'm due for an update in the bragging rights thread, I just want to get one more thing done first.
    RuneMetrics - RuneScape player profiles and stat tracking

6. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Pfft, show off :p

RuneScape has improved so much and it sounds like they got a bunch of stuff in store for next year too. Everyone should give it a shot.

7. NeSsQQuiCk

NeSsQQuiCk Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I wanna, just have to find someone to talk to while playing so it doesn't get as boring when I grind

8. Grawl

Grawl MLG King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Same for me,but when I am grinding or leveling I dont play without friends because it is boring

9. Juanlraz

Juanlraz Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I honestly was my favorite game as a kid and teen but I have to pay for playing old runes cape not cool I use to be a member all that good stuff forgot my password and name lol been years since I didn't have a pc after a while but it brings back good memories sneaking off to the library to play away from home

10. p

Credit:
    False. There's been proper free-to-play access to oldschool for more than two years.

That said I wouldn't really recommend the free game for either version to anyone nowadays, there's just so much more content for members.

11. hasanhasans2

hasanhasans2 Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Runescape is the best game I've ever played!
    Do you think so too?

12. CaMo141

CaMo141 DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Is rs worth the membership these dsys?

13. Aaddron

Credit:
    It is if you wanna play RuneScape. F2P is quite limited.

14. I_Like_Nachos

I_Like_Nachos BamBam

Credit:
    Hello folks! Just wanted to ask, because i have been meaning to get into Runescape, if it is worth it? The game is old now and even with updates it might not be the same as it is for someone who started years ago. And also, if i do, would the Old School Runescape or the regular one be of preference for a new player or a player in general?

15. Aaddron

Credit:
    They both have F2P, just try it.

16. BlackShirt

BlackShirt Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    guys, what is the quickest way to farm for gold now? I used to farm for limpwurt roots when I was still playing. I want to know if it's still in demand.

17. p

Credit:
    I can't speak for Old School RuneScape, but in current RS with few requirements you can probably make about 700k/hour if you use your time wisely, with higher requirements you can make at least 1m/hour. Not great, but not nothing.
    As far as the actual best way, that depends heavily on your levels, gear, and whether you want it to be high effort or not. Telos and Araxxor are among the very, very best ways but have very high effort, skill, and gear requirements to attain that.

18. BlackShirt

Credit:
    I am new. most of my skills are on lvl 40 except for the ranged

19. p

Credit:
    Fletching headless arrows is pretty dependable and has a very low barrier of entry (level 1 Fletching and a bit of startup gp). Daily shop runs for runes and feathers also help a lot, and vis wax with 50+ runecrafting. Many herbs turn a profit when you clean them, and turning them into unfinished potions even more so.

20. BlackShirt

Credit:
    thanks for the tip, P. I'm new to the game and the advice my friends only give me is the limpwurt root selling