1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D Design Notes/News/Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Awen Blade, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Help make AdventureQuest 3D even better!
    Artix Krieger | Friday, January 5, 2018

An Interview with a Vampire Paladin
    Are you an ultra super dedicated AdventureQuest 3D player? Want to talk to Artix about it an help make it the best game ever? We are putting our 2018 plan together, and would officially like you to be a part of it.

Click through and take the interview-- help us make AdventureQuest 3D even better.

[​IMG]
    Edit: added an image of most wanted features list (also has a link to the interview too apparently).

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  2. SIR VEY SURVEY'S THE SURVEY
    Artix Krieger | Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Talking to Artix about AdventureQuest 3D
    Over 2,000 players gave their deepest thoughts about AdventureQuest 3Dto a survey that deep down inside they figured no one would read. SURPRISE! We did. All of them O_O.

2,197 Responses to the Survey
    I say about 2,000 players because at least 100 of you sent in multiple responses-- some of which were clarifications and additional thoughts which I am really grateful for. So... time to talk.

[​IMG]

Our Community's Super Obvious Goal
    We want are going to evolve AdventureQuest 3D into one of the greatest games of 2018. We are going to do whatever it takes to make this happen. Step #1 is creating a shared vision, which shall henceforth be unironically known as, "THE GAME PLAN*"

* Actually, that is ironic. Also, there is more to the plan involving the cross-platform conversion of our other games, but this post is focused solely on AdventureQuest 3D.

New Years Resolution
    Normally I would joke and say, "1920x1080" but seriously, it is 2018, it has to be 4K resolution or bust. Every year I work through the holidays and spend the first week or so of the year entrenched in deep planning & organization.

[​IMG]

There is no Eye in Team
    I met with the AdventureQuest 3D leaders (Zhoom - Programming team, Yergen - Content team, Oishii - Balancing & Q/A, Nythera - Player Support) and reviewed our accomplishments and list of the most important and critical goals for AdventureQuest 3D this year.

But we needed more...

Needless to say I talked to everyone at the lab. But before finalizing any plan, I wanted to talk to you too. So I released that "talk with Artix" survey. Glad I did.

[​IMG]

Sir Vey... surveying the Survey responses
    I vote, from now on, we use the Pactoganal Knight, Sir Vey, to post and conduct all of our future surveys.

Yergen and I sat and read through the responses taking careful notes in a separate doc. Instead of trying to tally frequently requested features we put "a few", "lots", and my personal favorite, "999999" which meant basically everyone mentioned it. There we sooooo many responses. Our eyes bled.... but worth it! Look at this beautiful result!

Here are some of the things the community REALLY wants!

• Potion and Travel Form Buttons on the main interface
    • Hotkeys for EVERYTHING
    • Emote button on interface & more emotes
    • Loot Improvement (not needing to click to pick it up + hotkey)
    • Better drop graphics including colors so you can see if there is something good in there
    • Inventory sorting by tabs (like AQW)
    • Bank Previews
    • Skill Trees
    • PC Interface
      • UI Scaling
      • Better PC UI
      • Render Distance Slider
      • % and/or numbers on Health and Mana
      • Black outline or custom mouse for snow maps
    • Mobile Interface
      • Mobile Camera Improvements (lots)
      • Fix being able to tab between combat buttons
      • Move jump button
      • Option to lock movement pad in place
      • Battery Indicator
      • Fix iPhone X resolution issue
      • Swipe menus for potions/travel forms/ emotes
    • Chat bubbles (like AQW)
    • More info when you inspect characters including what they are wearing
    • Mini Map (This one might not be possible)
    • World Map ("Death to /join!")
    • Combat compatible Travel Forms (Which would really be "Transformations" at that point)
    • Shealth Weapons on your back
    • Alerts when your friends come online
    • DragonCrystals from watching ads (was surprised by this one... seems like something we would have inflicted on you, not a reoccuring feature request)
    • DPS Meter
    • Marriage
    • Book of Lore to travel progress
    ... and then a few mentioned so many times they deserve their own list!

• PvP
    • Trading
    • Flying
    • Voice Chat
    • Guilds
    • Guild Wars
    • Controller Support
    • Houses/Castles
    A GAME PLAN designed by both the players and the team
    We combined the wants and needs of the players and the team into one massive Game Plan.

[​IMG]

This plan combines the Programming teams goals, which include....

• Combat system upgrade <that we are not talking about yet... experimenting>
    • Daily Login Reward
    • Daily Quest (tracker)
    • Class Unlocking
    • Combat Mechanics + Classes (Paladin, Ninja, Alpha Pirate, Necromancer)
    • All Kickstarter goals and custom rewards completed
    • Mega upgrade to Unity 2018
    • Guest Login
    • Hair Shops
    • Titles
    • Sound API
    • Mob Mechanics
    • Treasure Chests
    • Dungeon Improvements
      • Regular Mode
        • Long respawn 30+ seconds
        • Player soft Cap +3 to 5
        • Dungeon resets on party wipe
      • Challenge/Extreme Mode
        • No respawn unless room is cleared
        • Enforced Player Cap (cannot exceed)
        • Dungeon resets on party wipe
    • Dungeon Objective Tracker
    • Interface revamp
      • PC Version
      • Mobile Version
    • New Death / Respawn Screen
    • Summoning/Goto-ing a player places player at exact x,y coordinates
    • Extend Waypoint system to include quest objectives and other transfer methods
    • Interruptible use bar
    • Pets
    • Emotes
    • Non-Combat (Fishing, Smiting, Mining... for bitcoins?)
    • Sidekicking
    • Class Ranking
    • PvP
    • Not to mention Bug fixes

3. And the classes...

• Warrior
    • Mage
    • Rogue
    • Guardian
    • DragonSlayer
    • Paladin
    • Ninja
    • Necromancer
    • Alpha Pirate
    • Pirate
    • More to be announced!
    And the Content's Teams goals....

• 50+ Levels of Main Storyline Content
    • Guardian Parallel Storyline
    • Class Mini-story (Quests)
    • Sound FX & Music Revamp
    • New Interface
    • Daily Dungeon Boss Fights
    • New Areas
      • Yulgars Inn (non holiday verison)
      • Mouse Hole (Gonna need a shrink potion)
      • Barber Shop
      • Museum
      • Pet Shop
      • Cysero's Forge
      • Bank (Move collections and add Stocks here)
      • Parkous Map
      • PvP Areas
      • Guardian Towers
        • Ashfall
        • Darkovia
      • Existing Area Revamp
        • Heartwood
        • Livingston Caverns
        • DoomWood
      • Dragons of Ashfall: Part III
      • Dragons of Ashfall Bonus Adventures
      • Darkovia Parts 3,4, & 5
      • Shaman Forest
      • Dragon's Graveyard
      • Tower of Necromancy
      • ...and a lot more
    Alongside our team's other important tasks....

• New Help/Support System
    • Administrative Tool upgrades (so we can create maps and items faster)
    • AQ3D.com website revamp
    HOOOORAHHHH!

[​IMG]

Making the Game Plan Public
    I really liked what we did when we started AdventureQuest 3D. We put our main goals public and crossed them off as we achieved them. This was really great. One drawback, is often it looked like we were working on random or unrelated things because unless you are physically here, how could you know if Yergen is waiting on things to come back from other people and instead of twiddling his thumbs he creates a Mouse Hole adventure for Yulgar's Inn? I would really like to put our game plan public for you to see. Let me know if you like this idea.

Can you have everything done tomorrow Plox?
    Yes!

Wait.

WHAT!?.... O_O

Prioritization
    My toughest job is to prioritize the tasks in the Game Plan. Sometimes really important things take a lot longer, and have blockers which have to be done first. (Like, even thought we have the Barber shop 3D, hairstyles, and NPCs ready-- we do not have the barber shop interface feature done yet which is a blocker to its release.) Sometimes really easy things are so low priority that the before mentioned important things. Also, some tasks are required by people who may be out sick, family emergency, be on jury duty (this list accurate describes thing things that happened since yesterday).

Therefore!

I suggest we focus on making massive momentum forward. Because no matter what order we tackle that list... if we are making massive momentum forward we will inevitably get all of it completed-- and a lot more.

Breaking down the survey
    We learned a lot... sharing is caring.

Who took it?

Answer: Our most hard core max level players.

[​IMG]

I was surprised at how many of you who followed the initial link I posted on Twitter and instantly filled out the survey were doing it from your PC! It makes sense. But while the vast majority of our player base is on Android devices, our most tight knit vocal players are on PC. A few important notes here... most of the feedback is also from long time players who definitely played AQWorlds prior to this. We really did not get to hear much from new players-- and we definitely need their input too. So next time we are going to put the link to this directly in game. (Smart!)

Getting to know you better

"MOOOORE SKULLLLS!" I loved reading through your answers. Statistically, 23.7% of you are "milk shooting out of the nose" funny. The more I read, the more I understood the different ways (and things) that you play. In our normal daily interaction on Twitter I see one side of you-- but in this more personal communication I got to know you and our fellow players a lot better.

[​IMG]

A few fun facts

• Favorite type of character: GOOD (33%)
    • Favorite activities: Questing, Farming, Hanging out
    • Play Session: 1+ Hours
    • Favorite weapon: Sword (38%)
    • Can you lift the Blinding Light of Desitny?: Yes (42%)
    • Best release yet: Darkovia (24%) ...basically tied with Ashfall
    [​IMG]

The Team Meeting
    Yesterday, we assembled everyone working on AdventureQuest 3D and did a comprehensive review of the raw unsorted Game Plan. Everyone is in agreement, and dedicated to making this happen. I hope that after reading everything above (you and the two other people who had the reading endurance to make it to the bottom of this novel!) you are with us too.

Battle on!
    So here we go... boldly into 2018.

4. Naotsku Kirigaya

Naotsku Kirigaya Big Brute New Ogre
    1. Dricken Society

Credit:
    PatchNotes from PatchNotes

Welcome to the new year everybody! We have a lot of new stuff coming this year so make sure you stay tuned! Today's patch includes an exciting feature: Guest Logins! Guest Logins will allow your friends / family and new players to jump into the game right away and start playing!

A Guest will be able to create a character as normal and start playing the game immediately; however they will not be able to use chat, nor will they be able to make any purchases (like Guardian or DC packages).

Guest Login information is stored locally on the device. If you change to a different device, then you won't be able to access the same Guest account. Guest accounts are able to convert to a normal account by using a link inside the game. Players will be able to convert to an AQ3D login or a Facebook login.

*Important Note* If you are using a Guest Login and you choose the "Reset Settings" option, it will delete your locally saved guest login information. You will not have access to your Guest account anymore once this happens.

01/25/2018 *NEW*
    • Maximum number of Bank Vaults available has been increased from 10 to 30. [​IMG]
    • Clicking on a Friendly NPC will now auto-move you to the NPC and interact with them. This feature is desabled while in combat, though you will still be able to target and click on the NPC.
    • Mobs should no longer turn to face a random target when casting AoE spells.

5. Naotsku Kirigaya

Naotsku Kirigaya Big Brute New Ogre
    1. Dricken Society

Credit:
  6. VJMaxZero

VJMaxZero Lord of Evil Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Tomorrow... The World Tree!

Do you have what it takes to traverse the elemental planes?

Tomorrow morning (Friday), around noon, we will bring the servers down for about an hour to release the newest version of AdventureQuest 3D and the first of our 2-part saga, THE WORLD TREE!

THE WORLD TREE IS BIG... So, do not fall off it.

I just finished a walk-through of the World Tree with Slifsgaard (The Shaman) and Vesper. Slifsgaard loved it! He was legitimately surprised at how far we took it. Based on their smiles and surprised reactions, I really think you are going to enjoy this. There are a lot of new items, monsters, areas, 2 exploration challenges, a few hidden boxes, a new feature that is really fun-- especially when you realize it is always available and may have uses outside of the story quests.

The World Tree is pretty different from our last several releases. The maps are colorful and beautiful-- so are the armors. The story is a series of trails that will introduce players to the Elemental Planes... explaining some often asked questions about what that dark version of Greenguard really is. This is an essential world story area, which is why we set it to level 8. In our redesigned world map, it will happen just before you reach DoomWood. We scaled it so that all players can enjoy it. The items are appropriately leveled from 8 to 9. You will find many of the items are cosmetically desirable-- especially the Spirit Animal Masks which you can start earning after the main story is complete.

Next Friday, is... Friday the 13th. Camp Gonnagetcha will re-appear, geographically modified so that both camps are equidistant for fairness, with two brand new mascot animals. I am not sure if Cysero leaked them already... but we will kick off new week with a design notes post that shows off the mascot logos!

In the Part II, the finale of the World Tree, you will use your newfound power to bring the saga to its dramatic conclusion, and also unlock special challenge fights of the 4 "Elemental Aspects". This will be how you earn your masks. Worth taking note of their masks when you encounter them tomorrow!

Since I am rambling.... we have already begun production on the Dragon's Graveyard. It looks nothing like I expected. I would 100% vacation there. (I know what you are thinking, "Of course you would vacation there Artix... graveyard.. undead!" -- but no, it is really, really beautiful!) We were guided in this direction by Zakaru. I sent him some screenshots but have not heard his feedback yet. Dage has been texturing his NPC too... a half-dragon Necromancer.

As I write this last sentence, we are "pencils down" on the Shaman's World Tree and in final testing. Cross your fingers, claws, tendrils, or paws for an awesome release tomorrow-- see you on the World Tree!

*I don't know why the picture is lost

For more information see this Tomorrow... The World Tree!

7. VJMaxZero

Credit:
    The World Tree is LIVE!

Want to become a spirit raven and soar between the elemental planes? It is finally here-- explore the World Tree in AdventureQuest 3D. The Shaman, Slifsgaard, has a vision about you. You are about to begin a journey that will reveal who you really are.

Explore strange places, unlock new titles, & find secret chests

We hid 3 new exploration points for you to find that unlock titles. Also, you may discover a few secret boxes. One containing, "The best backstory I never knew I needed to read" - Player on Twitter

Become a Spirit Raven... find secrets.

This release uses our newest feature to allow all players to transform into something special to explore the World Tree and traverse the mysterious elemental planes.

New Drops & Gear to Craft

After a series of releases full of darkness and skulls, this new release brings us back to color and nature --with skulls!

Spiritual Warrior Set
    Soothsayer Set
    Jagulope Set (half Jaguar... half Jackalope?)
    New travel forms
    Spirit Animal Helms (Unlock after you beat the story)
    Unusual new items to find and upgrade-- with skulls!

The 4 Elemental Aspects

In this new story you will be tested by the very personifications of the elements. They also have AWESOME masks. Plot aside, next we will probably beat them up for them... just saying.

Meet Slifsgaard the Shaman

QUEST! Say that name 5 times fast O_O Pronounced "Slif's Guard"

This adventure was designed by Slifsgaard, the first of our two "World Designer" backers from the Kickstarter. He visited the lab, helped design the release, and we had a day long face-time where he launched the release with the team-- even joined us on a live stream of the release with Massively Overpowered. He is a great guy in real life, and was most focused on us creating something fun and special for you.

Thank you... and next week is Friday the 13th!

We really hope you enjoy the World Tree. It has a little something in it for everyone. Next week, is Friday the 13th! Shrade and a new Campgonnagetcha (redesigned so the cabins are the same distance) will appear. On monday we will be officially posting the two new team mascots and their banners.

Then, the following week we will launch part 2, the finale, of the World Tree. This will feature new cutscenes, the Elemental Axe, the masks of the Elemental Aspects, and-- I just want to say this right now, the Dream Plane is going to hands down be the most interesting map we have ever put in the game. It is insane.

Battle on!
    Artix & The AdventureQuest 3D Team

For more information The World Tree is LIVE!

8. Sabugo

Sabugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Early week means till wed, can't wait for that! Cysero on Twitter
    Hope they can finish it in time, what do you guys think?

AE team updated the emotes section and now we have 3 more:
    /buttwiggle or /1
    /headbang or /7
    /powerup or /9
    Try yourself! Enjoy!

Check the sinkhole in Yulgar's in for more details, the slime lord and the boogerlings are dropping 4 new green items and the Cysero adventure shop got an update too, check yourself!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2018
  9. subeJ

subeJ The Perfect Recipe Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    5 new green items from boogerling and slime lord.

Sabugo likes this.
  10. VJMaxZero

Credit:
    And also new 10 hairstyle :)

11. Aerobous

Aerobous Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    How about the mushroom thing ? :D

12. Sabugo

Credit:
    New NPC revealed for the barber shop, coming this week!Stay tuned!
    Artix Krieger on Twitter

Can't wait to use the new SSJ hair xD

Also the afro one! Amazing job AE is doing for AQ3D!

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2018
  13. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    wow excited much. i want new hairstyle

14. VJMaxZero

Credit:
    Thank's for the information bud, keep it up :)

Sabugo likes this.
  15. Sabugo

Credit:
    Release the pirate class now xD
    Link: Artix Krieger on Twitter

Also new glasses will be in-game in the next release, maybe tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2018
  16. Sabugo

Credit:
    [​IMG]
    • New quest line;
    • Afro, Kord and Senna's hairs

17. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    That's interesting! I like how AE is bringing unlockable hairstyles which reminds me of a quest that you can complete in Adventure Quest to unlock a skull head appearance and i know it's not a hairstyle, but you get the idea.

Sabugo likes this.
  18. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    A pair of scissors

19. Sabugo

Credit:
    As you can see here, they started the PvP development, it could be ready in about 3~5 months.
    Check for more info: Game Plan
    upload_2018-5-15_11-3-21.png

20. Sabugo

Credit:
    The game has advanced to a point we can see the variety of items and colors, the main items color is black yet but we can check that we have a bunch of colors and set combinations. This is a positive point for fantasy/MMORPG games. AE team is doing so well!
    [​IMG]

We are able now to cosplay a lot of content. That's amazing!

Here's another pic.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2018