1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

[AQ3D] Direwolf through streams

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Sabugo, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Sabugo

Sabugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Do you guys think it's fair to giveaway direwolf parts on MJ's streams? Sometimes it may look like they are not recognizing the real game supporters or community supporters, but sometimes we can understand that watching a stream is support the game, what do you think?

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I don't really know what Direwolf set parts are even supposed to be now anyway, they used to be something that Artix will give you if you have done something what makes you deserve it and now it's something that you can get through giveaways and contests (getting them from contests isn't a problem unless there is no effort involved). I feel that it kinda lost it's value to some degree, but not totally because there isn't that many of them in game.

Sabugo likes this.
  3. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Direwolf pieces have lost their specialty for the most part, now being more of a rare collection. It was really meant for people who did outstanding things for Artix like participate in a convention or help him in some way. I would have been alright with it even being rewarded to those who've made the community what it is, but stream giveaways took away that special meaning, like why the item was rewarded in the first place. Sure, they still have some value since not everyone will be able to collect them all, but I like items that are meaningful for why they were given, not because of rarity. Same with items like custom weapons; it feels better to earn a weapon than to buy/trade for one.

Sabugo likes this.
  4. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I wish that AE would come up with something like Direwolf, but it will serve it's purpose as what Direwolf was supposed to be.

5. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    They made items that streamers could giveaway to their viewers now, rather than giving out Direwolf pieces or other items. For instance, there's a Sauce On Your Face Helm and a MOP Helm that's been given away by their respective streamers these couple of weeks. Not a bad move.

6. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I guess it's fine, but i do hope there will be some kind of items you could get for contributing to the community. I mean there are some game developers who have rewarded people who have found a game breaking bug with a item to show it off that they helped them out.

7. Gamma001

Gamma001 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I've always believed that people should be able to earn certain pieces for doing different things in the community. For example, being an amazing person in the community according to Artix could get you one specific piece, going to streams and winning could get you one specific piece, meeting Artix in real life could get you a specific piece, etc.

8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    There was a Live event that did reward players with a piece of Direwolf set (gloves) during latest MassivelyOP AQ3D stream. Artix was testing new Live Event features and it was quite nice and there are new things to try out when next one comes.

9. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I don't think he should have put that Grand Chest in-game with the Direwolf Gloves knowing how people usually react when missing events, plus people who already had the Direwolf Gloves before hand sort of lost that special meaning of obtaining the item from meeting Artix or whatever other method. At least it wasn't something valuably prized like the actual armor.

10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Yeah, at least people got something out of it besides those live event coin items and some of them didn't manage to get enough coins to get items so people who were there to open Grand Chest left with something rather than "nothing".