1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What kinds of dailies would you like to see added?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Maelious, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Which areas require daily quests?

And what would you like them to be?

Personally, I think some challenges could have dailies ... and some monsters like those with long respawn times (so new players have a higher chance of farming them) - e.g., ancient evils

CanineAQ3D likes this.
  2. There aren't really a lot of places, but I'd say Camp Gonnagetcha could use some daily quests. It kind of feels grindy collecting all of the war badges for hours.

3. VJMaxZero

VJMaxZero Lord of Evil Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Token dailies to unlock a class like DS when Paladin will be released soon

4. Gamma001

Gamma001 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I apologize for getting off topic, but I feel that the people who do most of the work during the wars need something extra. Maybe AQ3D can keep track of how many turn-ins people do?

To get back on topic, I would like to see some dailies in Yulgar's Inn or Battleon. These could be maybe cleaning out the toilet in Yulgar's Inn, taking back an instrument that was stolen from the band, or just logging into the game (I know login rewards are on AQ3D's game plan).

5. Maelious

Credit:
    mmm ... but dailies should only apply to perm areas i feel ... hmm ... seasonal dailies are ok though i guess :)

yeah ... can't wait to get paladin ... I'll buy it with DC once it's available XD

1. yeah ... more rewards for grinding would be nice
    2. I would love to see dailies in Battleon ... for additional battle crystals maybe?

CanineAQ3D and Gamma001 like this.
  6. CanineAQ3D

CanineAQ3D Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I would like it if we could get sponsored ad views like how the original aq used to have, so that rare promotional items get added every so often. Or definitely a special class or items with unique stats.

7. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    yes i also want daily quests to unlock paladin

8. Maelious

Credit:
    Have you heard anything about the class being released to all players?

9. Sabugo

Sabugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Treasure chests, DC for sponsors

10. Maelious

Credit:
    DC for sponsors??

11. Sabugo

Sabugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    watch ad to receive DC

12. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Places that need dailies? Maybe most of the dungeons could have some.

13. Yeah, dungeons feel very lackluster since some are just for grinding over and over again. I think daily quests for dungeons would be pretty great, especially for more gold and XP, and maybe even for items used to craft stuff.

Actually, what if there were daily quests that could help you farm for hard-to-get items? For instance, daily quests for Soulborne Fragments, and you need either 50 fragments to craft Soulborne Axe (which would take 50 days), or you would have to get lucky and get it as a really rare drop. I think having a fixed number is better than just having a heavily RNG-dependent factor, and I think something like that would make doing dungeons more fun.

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    The fact that Soulborne Axe has a heavy RNG requirement behind it makes it appealing to go for and making a daily to make it more easier to get just lowers the value of it. I wouldn't feel that great if i ever got Soulborne and found out that there is a way to get it easier which makes me bit upset. Time-gating Soulborne Axe doesn't make it harder to get in terms of the time used to get those dailies done if we assume that you can do that daily in a single dungeon run or so, it just overall takes less time if we don't count the downtime when waiting to do the daily quest again.

15. Satsui

Satsui Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Something like from the underworld item but only different.

16. RNG doesn't add to difficulty either since it's just luck. Someone may get the axe in just one day while others may get it in 2 months or more. Now if there was actually difficulty rather than luck (like killing a really difficult boss for a 100% drop item), then it'd be pretty pointless to have daily quests, but for something so frustrating and repetitive to farm like Soulborne Axe where some may get it and some may not, I wouldn't see any problem with that. A lot of people are tired of seeing luck-dependent grind and spending months on items that have no in-game benefit. For items like Akriloth's drops which have a craftable option, I think that kind of ruined the fun since the dungeon didn't have key limits and the items were from the boss battle.

17. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    We haven't really have had any real in-game beneficial grind in some time when dungeons are concerned. Remember the time when Nightlocke weapon farming was more tedious for example? Those weapons were BiS for their stats and Alpha Knight II set was the best overall when a balanced build was concerned! I kinda miss having a specific build, but we still kinda do and don't.

18. I actually enjoyed farming for the Nightlocke weapons. What most people didn't like about it originally was how people could just buy the weapon for DCs without putting any effort in the game, so the developers actually did change that to give the weapons more value. I just wish there was more to the Nightlocke sidestory than just the Nightlocke Cultists' stories and the dungeons. But anyway, having daily quests in places that seem grindy like certain dungeons would probably enhance gameplay and make it less frustrating. My philosophy is that the gameplay shouldn't feel like a chore that you have to repeat relentlessly, which is how I feel about certain areas and bosses.

19. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That was quite a bummer that they were buyable with DCs when they came out, but i am glad that they removed that option. It would be pretty bad if you could just buy Epic quality items with good stats on them with DCs nowadays.

20. Yeah. Items with stats should be earned regardless. I think if people could buy such items for DCs, even though the items can be alternatively earned, people will point out that it's pay2win. But at the same time, the pay2win players don't always have the time to farm everyday, so there does need to be some solution to bridge the gap that won't require them to farm for hours like quick daily quests that reward an abundance of craft items.