1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Live Event Coins

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Snowy, Aug 2, 2018.

1. What do you think of Live Event Coins? They drop from Live Event Chests that developers can spawn globally. I believe they'll spawn chests during release dates.

[​IMG]

Since these coins will unlock future special items, what kind of special items are you hoping to see?

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    This makes it more worth it to attend these events now! People were complaining about not getting any "gain" out of these events so now they can actually get something when we get something to use them on. This is a very good idea and i hope this will be pulled off nicely!

3. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i dont like it. they are doing this event when its midnight in my country
    i dont even have a single coin :-(

4. Yeah, it doesn't even seem like they're doing these events very often. They've only done it once during a MassivelyOP stream on a random occasion, and that's about it. Would be nice if they did it every time there was a major release since it'd make more sense.

Gamma001 likes this.
  5. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    We could have a live event when AE will start streaming again whenever that happens.

6. They have started streaming again on their ArtixEntertainment Twitch channel, but after their Moglin Puppet Show, they haven't been notifying players of what time they would stream, so it feels very random and unpredictable. When they stream, they don't send a server message in-game to notify players that there's a stream going on, and they don't take advantage of pings on their official Discord server to notify people who have read-only access to their #twitch-youtube Discord channel to visit the stream. Developers don't even mention on Twitter that there's an ArtixEntertainment Twitch stream going on. They also seem to have removed the Streamlabs Stream Schedule & Countdown on their panel on their Twitch channel for whatever reason.

So yeah, it's a mess right now. Their Twitch setup isn't organized right now. I'm sure a lot of people would like the watch ArtixEntertainment Twitch streams, but those people just don't know when, because there's a lack of organization for their streams. So until they amend that, we probably won't see Live events anytime soon.

7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Well, that's unfortunate. Things went smoothly when Sauce was taking care of the streaming, but i guess AE has to get used to it. I mean, if they are going to stream, they should tell us that they are going to do so most of us won't miss them. They even reseted bits leaderboards and such too.

8. Gamma001

Gamma001 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    They only ever release event coins when I can't make it to events. I'm not salty about it. I just hate missing the events in general.

9. Yeah, accommodating to more time zones would be great. Live Event Coins seem to favor people in the East Coast more since it's always day time (but if I recall correctly, the event was scheduled), and if I recall, the event that had Live Event Coins was on a weekday. If the AQ3D team could push Live Events to late Fridays or Saturdays, then more people could join those events. There is a DC alternative for one of the items (a mug or whatever), but the armor you get from turning in Live Event Coins doesn't have a DC alternative which is unfortunate.

10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    We just need to have more communication going on so we can even start having these again in the first place. The first event was scheduled and it did go great as a test run. Time zones should be put into consideration when making these live events and maybe we will hopefully get there. It's a shame i didn't join from the beginning and now i have 9 live event coins collection dust in my bank.

11. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    same. i think these events should be done at 2 different timings in a day, so that players from all countries can select the timing in which they want to play the event

12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It would be nice, but i doubt that they would do it that way.

13. They did do a Live Event Coin thing during Lolosia (on October 5th), but it wasn't announced publicly. Not sure who spawned them, but I think they only spawned 4 chests. Not a lot of people got the coins though because nobody expected Live Event Chests to be spawned and a lot of players banked the coins from the previous event so they couldn't pick them up.

[​IMG]
    Source: Twitter

I really do hope they notify players whenever they do events like these, especially days in advance like they did during the MassivelyOP stream.

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    AE should but more effort to making these live events more publicly known because a lot of people are going to miss them like i did.

15. MrValravn

MrValravn Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I also hoping moving forward it more of an all day kinda thing... People have jobs and its not like I call tell my boss that the MMO I play is doing a live event so I can't make it to work today.

16. Yeah, accommodating for times and dates is difficult, especially when the events don't occur often. Maybe as a daily log-in reward, they could put these coins up as possible rewards.

17. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I see this being very unlikely to happen as well. Daily login rewards could be a way to give them out but it shouldn't be the only way either.

18. Well, there wouldn't be a ton of stuff in the daily Treasure Chests for logging in daily if it was a small pool of rewards, so I'd imagine there'd be a lot of items, including possibly Live Event Coins. I just don't see any other way they'd bring back Live Events unless they had scheduled streams.

19. CuriousLeun

CuriousLeun Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Will be interesting to see how they cater to all timezones for live events.

Some people will surely complain with the times.

I think best way is to find an actual streamer (maybe two) who plays the game.

The problem is how they would limit them or watch over them before they start abusing the live token drops.

20. Goddess 17

Goddess 17 Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I missed this kind of event hopefully it would come back soon