1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D Pets

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by CuriousLeun, Oct 17, 2018.

1. CuriousLeun

CuriousLeun Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Moglins and Poopdeck have been confirmed.

(1) What kind of pets do you guys want to see?

Also, right now, they are only cosmetics.

(2) What kind of effects do you want them to have?

(3) Any theorycrafts for what passive effects the moglins might give if ever passives get implemented?

EDIT:
    10/18/2018
    Add question 3
    Fix Layout

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  2. SethGolde

SethGolde MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    I'd like to see pets to be useful like they can heal you etc. Or they can help you attack mobs etc, AE Team probably knows what they will be doing with the pets. I'd like to see dragonling pets!

3. NaMjOoN

NaMjOoN Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    unless ae adds special traits that benefit your gameplay, my opinion on them is negative. i think its just a stunt for money

4. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    There have been ideas that pets can be used to access bank, collect items for you, give passive buffs and fight with you.

5. CuriousLeun

Credit:
    Any theorycrafts for what passive effects the moglins might give if ever passives get implemented?

6. Mil10KOgre

Mil10KOgre Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Pets are a nice MMO staple to have. They definitely should serve for a beneficial function for game-play besides being cute little cosmetic companions to keep us company in our adventures. Having them do extra damage or use a pet-specific ability in battle would come in handy for sure. Having them dig or collect resources somehow as a trade-skill supplement would be nice, too! :)

7. Azula

Azula Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    For pets, i'd like to see them be able to aid you in combat. i would also like to see some form of banking for the pets, like your pet being able to hold an x amount of items. Basically like a pouch.

Krory III likes this.
  8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Perhaps faster health/resource regeneration or increase a stat by a certain percent.

9. Lancel Lannister

Lancel Lannister MMORPGer

Credit:
    I'd like maybe have a traveling vendor perhaps but that's a long stretch off

10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I can see a pet that acts as a quest giver but as a vendor is bit too much.

11. CuriousLeun

Credit:
    Cysero has mentioned that the planned skills for pets are auto-loot, auto-use potions and bank access.

12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Auto-use potions feature should have a toggle option because there are times when you don't want to use potions when you could.

13. Pets feel so devalued now that they cost 450 DCs. At first, they already seemed cheap, but then they made it even more cheap. It's just crazy if you compare that to other items such as forms (1.9k-4.5k DCs). If all pets will eventually have auto-loot and there will eventually be battle pets, wouldn't it make sense to price pets for a lot more? 1.5k is fairly reasonable for a pet that does nothing special currently but may get auto-loot in the future and 4k would be reasonable for a battle pet.

To me, it isn't worth spending DCs on pets now as they've lost their intrinsic value. It's like going to two different restaurants and ordering the same steak but at different prices and favoring the expensive steak more because there's more intrinsic value. Features like pets should be made valuable... and I really hope they don't become oversaturated like forms are.

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Considering the fact that all current pets are just cosmetic, pets having price tag of 450 DCs is good so more people are willing to get them. When pets get more features then go and up the prices for them with those new features. 4k DCs for a battle pet? We don't even know how much of an impact they would have in combat in the first place yet so that price tag seems pretty unreasonable right now.

15. Unimp

Unimp Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Agree since it doesn't do anything yet 450dc is a reasonable price.

16. Well, what would you have to say about the Lil' Jimmy companion cape that costs 1,500 DCs? Surely, players would think that the cape's price is outrageous, if something like pets cost way less. A lot of people who bought that cape assumed pets (when actually implemented) would cost around that price, maybe even higher.

17. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It felt like a "demo" to pets to have a cape that is a companion so that price does feel high in the clouds right now and even when it came out. Was there even anything hinting towards it being added in the first place? I wasn't aware of it at least. I don't see a reason to have such a big price for it other than it being animated. I mean, you could buy a travel form with that price and have some DCs left after that. So it's pretty obvious why people feel that it costs way too much. 3 Lil' Jimmy could almost afford and a collection chest to access all items of a collection and so you get way more out of your DCs. Add 300 more and you could buy two bank vaults! In conclusion: AE should lower the price for Lil' Jimmy companion cape because the amount of DCs could have been used to get more things than just a single cape.

18. Capt.Harlock

Capt.Harlock MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    I just want moglin pets i think that pet is cool

19. Perhaps they should. If they're willing to price pets for as low as 450 DCs, people who bought the Lil' Jimmy cape expecting pets to cost around the same price should be refunded partial DCs while the cape's price gets lowered. The cape does nothing special other than move around, but there are other items that have animations that don't cost DCs like Yettun's Horns, Crown of Twigs (actually the earnable version for this one became rare), etc.

20. Goddess 17

Goddess 17 Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Tbh i really want a Dragon pet