1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

How do you think potions could be improved or made useful?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Snowy, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I've realized how unnecessary potions are, especially mana potions, after farming at DreadFool's Labyrinth. You can easily collect more than you can use up.

First of all, most of the time, I let my character die in battle since I rarely pay any attention to my character's health. I think it'd be nice if we had some kind of indicator, like the game displaying a red tint that gets redder as your health decreases, with an option to disable it in Settings. I think that'll partly help make potions become useful.

Secondly, I'd like to see a class that's heavily reliant on Mana Potions. For instance, maybe a Healer class with quick skill cooldowns, but heavy mana use. That'll encourage more use out of Mana Potions.

Another neat idea is increasing the potency of potions by, for instance, crafting 5 Small Health Potions for 1 Big Health Potion that heals a lot more health. That way, we get a good amount of health without having to wait for potions to cooldown.

What ideas do you have?

2. Sabugo

Sabugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    we need a full health potion, maybe 1min cooldown

3. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yeah, something that restores more health would be great. I wonder how that would affect cooldown of other potions. Like would using a Full Health Potion make you wait until you can use Small Health Potions or just the cool down for the Full Health Potion, because that could change how OP potions could become.

Sabugo likes this.
  4. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i want all my potions that i got at df labyrinth tobe merged to one stack just like it happened in the last update

5. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Potions are going to be used more when those dungeon changes get released because getting killed in dungeons is going be punished more because dungeon will reset if party wipes. Potions should stay at level where they don't get out of hand in terms of usefulness, they shouldn't always be a out-of-trouble card and they shouldn't be useless either.

6. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yeah, hardcore dungeons would make potions a lot more useful, but I think they also have plans to have Necromancer revive players in hardcore dungeons which would sort of lessen the use of potions a bit, depending on how hard the dungeons will be. The main challenge would be getting the perfect team, and I hope hardcore dungeons won't require keys since it would feel like a waste if the player died in the dungeon and couldn't respawn. I think mana potions could have unique abilities for classes that don't even require mana such as Warrior class.

7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I can see reviving being a thing, but i don't think that it will be happening until we get another rework for classes when that new class system gets introduced.

8. Pyo31

Pyo31 Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    maybe adding a purple potion for both health and mana, having 2 different potions can be a pain for Guardians for example

9. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    If they do that, then they'd have to nerf the amount of health and mana given from that potion. Besides, I don't think using a health potion puts a cool down on a mana potion, just a cooldown on health potions, so you can sort of use both health and mana in battle.

10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Right now only class that really would use mana potions is Guardian. You can fill more than one role (tank and off-healer) and you will deplete your mana quite quickly, if you will keep just using all skills constantly when they come for off cooldown. I have been doing Extreme Akriloth and that healing has really helped groups i have played with and you will eventually run out of mana and that will happen quite many times unless you manage your mana effectively. I mean having AoE heal is amazing and even with AoE skill nerfs, it still shines when it comes to it's usefulness! Recovery is important in that fight when phase 2 starts and Akriloth starts spawning those minions and using those fire breath attacks which also apply DoTs on you.

11. Jerv

Jerv Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    id like that to happen because its consuming to much inventory

12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    AE could increase the stack limit from 999 to 9999 to save inventory/bank space.

13. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    They could, but 999 is already plenty. One thing they could definitely do, though, is change the daily chest potions' stack value from 20 to 999. They're just the regular potions (the non-Fancy ones) that stack up to 20 based on the daily chests tested on the PTR server. They could reward Fancy potions instead of the regular potions for daily chest rewards, at the very least.

If they do give both the fancy and non-fancy potions the same stack value, then of course there wouldn't really be any difference other than the names. Then I would say that fancy potions would need a buff to reward more health and mana in-battle.

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Or just increase normal potion stack to 200 and not the same stack limit like fancy potions have to separate them out. 200 is a lot too and it really depends on how often you use potions while you fight.

15. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    They decided to just scrap the idea of rewarding the regular potions for daily chests, but instead did the fancy ones. You don't really get a lot out of it considering it's easy to get a ton just from chest farming at the labyrinth. Still doesn't solve other inventory issues from the loads of items added to daily chests, but it's better than getting regular potions that only stack up to 20.

16. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I will just shard everything and then just buy what I want so I don't have to deal with that problem. Good that AE decided to just switch them to Fancy potions instead, but getting them through daily treasure chests is not meant to be a good way to get them.

17. Aerobous

Aerobous Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    They should make a small . Medium , large , extra large , potions ingame xd

18. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    Fix options back to normal speed

19. Wilder94

Wilder94 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Removing cool down, they're essentially useless now

20. crunchy brocolli

crunchy brocolli MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    The amount of heal is okay, but i might agree if they want to make a lil bit quick for cooldown