1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What would you do if your game shut down?

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Thedarkboy, Mar 8, 2012.

What would you do if your game would shut down?

1. Cry like hell..

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. Just find a new different game

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. Try to find a game that's almost just like the game you played

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. Rage, because you spend much money on the game

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Smash your computer O.O

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. Other

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ogreswish

ogreswish Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Better not even think of that. Where I would find open world mass pvp and clan wars drama comparable to the old good Lineage 2? Thank god official eu servers are still active and maintained, and I don't think that will change in the nearest future.

2. TSchwa

TSchwa Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I thought L 2 was gone and got me quite depressed. But yeah, 4Game saved us all haha

3. cemex

cemex Espion Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Well i would be sad, but you got to move on at some point and find something different

4. ogreswish

Credit:
    I'd just stop playing MMORPG altogether as it's basically the ultimate thing I am looking for in this type of games, the only thing that I come back every now and then.
    What's yours?

5. cemex

cemex Espion Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    well i mostly still play some games cuz of my friends and you can always find new game with them so you can still play together

6. SmileBoy

SmileBoy BamBam

Credit:
    My char is worth like 7k usd so far, I would cry like a hell if Skelth get closed.

7. ogreswish

Credit:
    You can't get the money back anyway. Legally at least. What about memories rather than money?

8. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    That feels pretty bad if that happened.

9. Raffiel

Raffiel Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I spent about 2-3 thousand pounds on MAA and it shut down with a short notice. Everyone tried their best to save it but in the end it shutdown anyways. There is not much one can do apart from moving on when one's favorite game shuts down.

10. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I usually retired first before my game got shut down, so I rarely have attached feeling for the game. Maybe I just get bored easily :p

Now I am just playing AQ3D because it's a casual mmorpg that doesn't strictly ask you to online 24/7 and I have a feeling this game will have a long life time based on their previous games like AQ, DF, and AQW (10 years ++)

11. BeastCastle

BeastCastle MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    I would cry like a kid throwing a fit on the super market floor who isn't getting the candy they want! ,'D

12. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I would be really sad. Because I give my time to develop in the game, just like others.

13. I don't think it's too bad. There are thousands of games available, and oftentimes visiting new games means meeting new people and making new experiences. And generally the best time to invest in a game is during its peak, and maybe even its early testing stages when there's a good chance the game's going to rise in popularity.

Usually when a game shuts down, there's a reason such as the company having to file for bankruptcy, cannot maintain the game anymore, loss of customers, etc., and those factors would definitely make the players lose some interest in the game, so it wouldn't feel like you're missing out on much. The real treasure are the memories of the good experiences, not so much the present experience.

And sometimes a game shuts down when the game company wants to release a sequel, and it's sometimes a good thing. It renews interest, especially if the original game was declining in popularity, and a lot of times, the sequel wouldn't be too different from the original game, so you'll get used to things.

14. Sepherus96

Sepherus96 Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    It would be tough but I'd try my beat to find another game like it

15. There are several games out there, so it wouldn't be hard to move on to another game. Sometimes playing a completely different game (even a new game genre) is better than searching for a similar game. Personally, I find it unrealistic to stick to games that feel the same as other games, because they often lack innovation.

16. Nihilist

Nihilist Elite Ogre Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Just gotta pack up and move on ..!

17. Ophidius

Ophidius Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I would qq for a while and then hope I can find something that half way compares. Since I play strictly on mobile for the time being it is a lot harder to find decent games.