1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

New Email Reward!

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Aerobous, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Aerobous

Aerobous Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Email Reward is new shop inside the bank.. What do you think they give free 250 DCs + Pet . Do you think they will add more in the future ? It is perma ?

2. Think the e-mail reward will just be a one time thing (no new rewards, and the current rewards will stay forever). I do hope they add a way to change e-mail, because if you signed up with an invalid e-mail address, you can't change it in order to verify your e-mail which is unfortunate.

3. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I really want to have an ability to change my email if I really want to change it at some point. It's been quite a long time since it was told that it's coming.

4. Aerobous

Credit:
    Ohh so it will be there forever .. That's good thing for new players.

At first I never pay attention to this change email thing XD and before I checked u can't change ur email .. It doesn't matter to me before LOL cuz my current email is the only email I am using xd

5. Romelyn

Romelyn MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    They are really awesome items and the 250 dc is a big help to every one i like the pet.

6. Unless you never bother checking your e-mail because your AQ3D account isn't tied to your personal e-mail. They mostly send you newsletters, and the time when you'll most likely need to use e-mail is when your account has some issue. Still would be nice if there was an option to change e-mail so you can confirm your account if you can't, or transfer game newsletters over to another e-mail.

7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    There are email services that allow you to transfer emails from different email accounts to others, but making that happen might get difficult if you don't have access to that email account which you wish to get emails from.

8. Aerobous

Credit:
    Yeah I hope AE will add change email soon .

9. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I mean, how long will it take for us to get this feature? Let's hope we get it in 2019.

10. Should have been a feature a long time ago. I'm guessing the reason why they haven't done it yet is because the account name would have to be changed as well (not just the e-mail address) since the account name is the e-mail address, and if players accidentally changed their e-mail to something incorrect and forgot what they changed it to (unless AE forces some kind of confirmation on the other e-mail), then there would be some sort of issue or something. Honestly, I wish we could just log in with our character name instead of our e-mail address. Downside of it is security, but that's not really a problem as long as you don't make an easy-to-guess password. Would also make it easier for people who live stream the game since they might get disconnected and may want to log in without exposing their e-mail address on stream to the audience.

I'm also not sure how e-mail rewards work with Facebook login. There's a lot of weird nuances that goes into their login system.

----

Actually, they do have a way to change your e-mail:

[​IMG]

Not sure when that was added, but it was probably recent considering I don't remember seeing that feature, especially when trying to confirm an e-mail on one of my accounts. Not sure why they never announced it in the Design Notes or anywhere.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  11. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Well well well, would you look at that? It has to be recent for sure and it must have something to do with this email reward thing. I am very glad it's finally here after so long.

12. Aerobous

Credit:
    There's possibility cuz if AQ3D community want it . therefore artix will make it happen..

13. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It has been out for a while already if you check the previous posts. Do you want to change your characters email? Now you can!

14. Aerobous

Credit:

Yup I checked it up .. And yes you can changed email anytime :)

15. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Are you planning to do that at some point?

16. Aerobous

Credit:
    I think never xD cuz I am using my personal email tho my privacy there is high no need to worry :)

17. As long as information doesn't get leaked. For me, I always use a gaming e-mail account for game-related stuff rather than my personal e-mail.

18. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That's a good plan to preserve your information! Sometimes you could also make an email just to play one game or use one site to make them more safer to use but it can get complicated after a while.

19. Aerobous

Credit:
    Well . that's nice my friends used gaming emails to .. This is there reasons - if you want to sell your account in the future.. they can sell it anytime if that account made it to top or become strong.. One of the reason why ppl using new gaming email .. Atleast for me that's what I've seen through this years.

20. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Selling accounts? That's pretty much against every game's ToS.