1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
  2. Aaddron

Credit:
    AMD did announce a new GPU though its a bit underwhelming. Not gonna go into it much but suffice to say, Nvidia isn't worried about this one at all. It's a solid option for AMD fans tho or people who just don't want Nvidia. Hopefully, navi will bring better news. Nvidia definitely won this round, the adaptive sync announcement was huge and the laptop RTX chips look nice enough. RTX 2060 even looks like a good value... strange for Nvidia these days, we'll see if the suggested price holds though.

3. Aaddron

Credit:
  4. Stroik

Stroik Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yeah okay so last Sunday the Indianapolis Colts went on to beat their division rivals the Houston Texans in the first round of the playoffs. They sorta owned the Texans. They didn't allow a single score till the fourth quarter I believe. I was super stoked about it but I think that they will lose this Sunday to the Kansas City Chiefs in the divisional round of the playoffs.

5. Aaddron

Credit:
  6. Aaddron

Credit:
    Pistons are an absolute dumpster fire at this point. This last month and a half literally couldn't have gone any worse. I'm not sure where they go from here, they are so lucky they got off to a good start, it's the only reason this season isn't quite lost yet. Never would've imagined this happening without one of the top players getting injured... but here we are.

On to less depressing news. Final Fantasy X/X-2 and Final Fantasy XII remasters will be released on Xbox and Switch in April! X/X-2 will release April 16th and XII will release April 30th. Dragon's Dogma will also be releasing on Switch in April on the 23rd. Guess April is destined to be a JRPG month.

7. Aaddron

Credit:
  8. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Well I gotta get up really early this morning and walk all the way to work in the dark, not because I have to but because I want the excersise. Its about a 5k walk so its about an hour. Hope it goes aight. Also, are you sending urself points? xD

9. Aaddron

Credit:
    Points sent :) No, but 10 points are still removed from the total and points sent is to mark where the thread has been last updated.

10. Aaddron

Credit:
    Haven't seen much in the way of gaming news lately. At least nothing that interests me much. Kinda typical for this time of year though, still holding out hope we get a January Nintendo Direct. Also hoping to finish up some more games before Kingdom Hearts 3 releases at the end of the month.

11. Aaddron

Credit:
  12. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Riddle me this, what has a bottom at the top?

Your legs! L0L

13. Aaddron

Credit:
    *ba dum tss* Points sent :)

14. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    So like sometimes whenever I eat spicy food I regret it. I love spicy food alot but my body doesn't. They next day whenever I eat it it burns on the way out. And I mean it BURNS. It hurts so bad it makes me never want to eat spicy food ever again. But ofc I never listen to what my body tells me. :}

15. Aaddron

Credit:
  16. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Most of the time when my cat jumps into my lap shes a purring little bundle of fluff. She is always trying to snuggle up as close to my face as possible. One of the biggest problems is she doesn't really know how to control her claws. Whenever she trys to climb up you her claws slice into your chest. I love her but it hurts like frik.

17. Aaddron

Credit:
  18. Aaddron

Credit:
    G-Sync on Freesync monitors is here. As far as I can tell my monitor is working fine with it. Need more testing as I've run into some weirdness but I'm not really sure it's the g-sync yet. Also hit the blinking issue once but I think it was due to a non-native resolution, haven't seen it otherwise... but again need more testing. Worth noting right now it only works with DisplayPort Freesync displays.

Unfortunately, G-sync works a lot like Freesync in that it breaks a few frames before the max rate, so on a 60FPS display, it will break at 58-ish. People recommend using a framerate limiter but in my experience that adds a stutter, maybe it works for them though. Using vsync is also suppose to work but I find this doesn't quite work as advertised. This all would be solved with a high refresh rate display, it'd make it much harder to hit that upper cap and even if you did the frame rate is so high it'd be smooth and hard to see tears anyways.

Still, I have seen an improvement in my tests. For example, it made Heroes of the Storm at 4k a lot more doable. Clearing up some stutter and weirdness. Though not all of it for whatever reason. Looking forward to what the experts say but as far as my setup is concerned it seems to be a success.

19. Aaddron

Credit:
  20. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Does anyone have that problem when you are just minding your own buisness, wasting time, looking at memes? I do it all the time. But alot of the time whenever I finish my foot falls asleep. Its really really nasty. I can barely walk. But at the same time I sort of like the feeling. Is this weird?