1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D | is adding a Trade system really that great?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Setsou, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Aerobous

Aerobous Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    We'll see and when that time happened. Let's come back here and let's talk about it but remind me before we can talk about it .. ( damn sounds like Eminem )

2. DJ Rat Slayer

DJ Rat Slayer Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I think adding trading would be really nice! However if they do add it they would have to change a few things to avoid people abusing it / items losing value...

1. Alpha knight set should not be tradable since alpha knights can buy it for free and give it away to everyone

2. Red Dragon Plate could be "duped" if you make 15 accounts and farm Valek - When it drops you would have 15 Red Dragon Plates and it would lose value... To fix that they could to make it so only 1 person on the IP address gets the drop

3. Soulborne Axe/Travler's pack same thing - You could make 5 accounts and summon all 5 accounts when u get a rare chest spawn. If it drops you'll get 5 soulborne axes/Travler's packs... To fix that you could remove /goto in these 2 dungeons.. so you would have to run to the chest on all 5 accounts (which would be aids asf)

4. Daily Boss Trophy (From twilly daily quest item) should not be tradable since you could spam make new accounts to farm the daily and give them all to your main / sell them...

5. Chest shop items - I really hope they would be tradable BUT you would need to change it so that u can only open 1 chest per day on all your accounts... Otherwise people could abuse it by making 15+ accounts and open a chest on each one of them everyday... Eventually getting ALOT of legendaries to send to your main or sell and the items would lose value

Raffiel likes this.
  3. Raffiel

Raffiel Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Agreed, thank you for putting in so much of effort ))

4. zukhvstheworld

zukhvstheworld MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    It should be great, pro and cons, hope they balance it well :)

5. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    Yes i been wanting to find a great ae game with a good economy

6. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I am in non-trading faction since I have seen the destruction of many games because of it.
    Domination of botters, crazy inflation, rarity losing its value, economy monopoly, evil scammers, and many more...

7. Sponge click

Sponge click MMORPGer

Credit:
    I really waiting for this system

8. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I don't think every game has issues with trading. Botting isn't much of a problem currently, but who knows whether it'd be a big problem in the future? Inflation in regards to trading isn't really a big deal since gold is already easy to farm for all players. Rarity isn't a problem since AE doesn't properly use them, and it's sort of up to us to determine what we consider valuable. Monopoly probably wouldn't be a problem for the reason that gold's easy to farm. Scammers are unavoidable, but AE could consider implementations like wait times between trading. I've always seen the AQ franchise more of a casual-style game than one that's dependent on farming, at least up until the later-half of AQWorlds, and I think trading would feel more like a casual thing than something taken seriously.

9. Stroik

Stroik Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    All of these are completely valid points and that is kind of what I see may end up ruining the trading system.

10. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Botting isn't a problem right now. If getting gold is easy then it's going easily going to drop in value so that will be a problem, but we are talking about a MMORPG economy here, I mean currency out of thin air? Rarity is definitely irrelevant so it's up to us to determine what is valuable. Wait times between trading? Sounds more like an inconvenience in the long run but sure why not? AE has an opportunity make trading matter and I wish they did.

11. kauegatto

kauegatto MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    The main problem I see is people creating 40 alts to get daily rewards and wait for events, after that, they spend their dc on sets and transfer to a main account. That'd be a pain...
    NON-DC items,Daily,Quest and Key items shouldn't be tradable too, otherwise, you can f up the game.