1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

When you first started, did you need play through the tutorial?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Rex, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    The tutorial apparently wasn't worth your precious time it seems.

Pinkyz likes this.
  2. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    I'm serious I actually do like then new tutorial for new maps

Ylber likes this.
  3. PerHalvor123

PerHalvor123 Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    It wa intuitiv on what I had to do so I just rushed through the tutorial

Ylber likes this.
  4. Lord Cryptic

Lord Cryptic Banned

Credit:
    i have played tutorial atleast 4 times :p

Ylber likes this.
  5. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I usually always do tutorials, but I played another game today and did not do the tutorial which I regret lol. Gotta redo that. But I did the tutorial in AQ3D to answer your question :D

6. Yatori igsem

Yatori igsem MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    Yes i think tutorial is compulsory and I did play it

7. Chai

Chai Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I'm sure the old tutorial was imposed, so I guess that's a yes

8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It's not a bad idea to do it and when it comes to being imposed, the new sure is just that.

9. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    It's possible to skip the tutorial, but it requires finding an oversight that the developers never intend for. It's important to remember that the lack of a chat box in the beginning of the game limits the player so they can't use the /join command, and that the travel menu doesn't get added until after the completion of the tutorial. Also, some useful maps are level locked (such as Yulgar's Inn requiring you to be at least level 4, I believe).

In order to skip the tutorial, you'd have to use a summon word to teleport to another player in an area that isn't level restricted, and you could easily do that at the character start screen. The chat box should become available at that point (since you're in a different map), but I'm not sure if access to the travel menu is available. You can then farm levels at that non-level-restricted map until you have the level to enter the main areas in Battleon.

Skipping the tutorial has its pros and cons though:
    • The Lore Strider package doesn't appear until you complete the full tutorial (which means finishing the Travel Crystal Shard quest from Death at Battleon). This can be a huge pro (the 72 hour countdown for the package doesn't begin until you finish the Shard quest, which means you could complete the quest at anytime to buy the package at anytime).

• The Travel Crystal Shard doesn't get added to your inventory (pro, as the shard isn't super useful and its biggest drawback is appearing in your inventory permanently)

• You can't access Cysero's Craft Shop (con)

• You can't obtain the Arcadian Hand Axe (sort of a pro and a con; the item is obtainable once, so by never obtaining the axe, you don't have to worry about ever deleting the axe to make room for inventory space)

• You don't have access to quick travel via Quest Board (con), so you'd have to go to a player in order to enter random adventures and the daily boss battle map

10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    This is a way to start playing AQ3D that requires little bit of setting up. You cannot return to the tutorial after doing this right?