1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What is Your Level?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Awen Blade, May 24, 2017.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Shouldn't take too long; you don't have to stress yourself to get to level 27 from level 25 anyway. I think spending 6 days doing just daily quests will get you there in no time. If you're really in a hurry, farming in maps in the Underworld would help, but there's not much of a hurry.

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    It's not like we get a level cap increases every week. No need to hurry to the level cap.

Pinkyz likes this.
  3. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    Yea like to lvl 1000

4. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That level cap would be pretty ridiculous if it ever came to be.

5. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Doubt 1,000 will ever be a level cap. My guess is that earning levels will be fairly easy until a certain point where it'll be more of a logarithmic growth (meaning slower to reach a certain level). For instance, maybe at level 1, it takes 20 experience to level up to level 2, but for level 80, it takes 8 million experience to level up to level 81.

But that does bring up the question when experience-grinding takes longer... if leveling up becomes a logarithmic growth, will there be a bunch of stat items for a particular level or will there be some sort of diversity for each progress in a certain level? Or will rewarded experience be proportionate to a level (i.e. a quest for a level 3 rewards you 100 XP, a quest for a level 20 rewards you 3,000 XP, and a quest for a level 80 rewards you 500,000 XP)?

6. CanineAQ3D

CanineAQ3D Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    20 still, haven't played in a while. Steam issues with my pc, couldn't log in for almost a year XD

7. Chai

Chai Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Level 27 for now

Pinkyz likes this.
  8. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    Congregation!!! ❤

Chai likes this.
  9. Chai

Chai Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Thanks! It wasn't much of a grind to get to level 27 :)

Pinkyz likes this.
  10. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    Took me a long time some people got it in one day .

Ylber likes this.
  11. PerHalvor123

PerHalvor123 Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Im level 27 which is currently the max level :)

Ylber likes this.
  12. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I'm level 27. Can't wait until they make the level cap higher. I always want to stay up to date with the levels to get the best stats possible.

13. Yatori igsem

Yatori igsem MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
  14. Yasuo Shiro

Yasuo Shiro Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
  15. E T E R N A L

E T E R N A L Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
  16. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Would be nice if experience can overflow when there's a level cap, so then when the level cap gets raised, we would keep the excess experience we've farmed. I tend to skip story releases whenever possible until the level cap gets raised since story releases generally reward a bunch of XP, but I find myself having to do story releases for certain progression in the game (e.g. have to complete Arcangrove story to farm for Unicorn pet and do the final Magelord quest). Usually it's not a big deal anyway since it's generally easy to reach max level within a day through grinding (or within a week from doing dailies and normal gameplay).

17. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Well, that would be a first if AE decided to do it but I doubt they are going to do that considering the fact that they didn't let us keep all that experience that people farmed to get 15 back when you needed to get 738k exp to reach it. AE doesn't really seem okay with it seems because it would make new content less relevant when a new level cap comes around for those who min-max those exp gains like you do.

18. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    New content already feels less relevant after a couple of weeks; I don't think an experience overflow would at all affect new content as players will be playing the game more or less the same. When a release comes out, there's a large influx of players doing releases on the first day, but two weeks later, that content isn't as big and players tuning in struggle a bit more (especially if they're lower-leveled). It's harder to pace yourself with leveling up when you're doing older content and that's especially true for newer players; I've seen a lot of players quit during the Darkovia Clock Tower dungeon at level 23 or so, or players quitting early at an older section of the story, and sometimes it's hard to find other ways to level up; some people don't want to do daily quests for experience (or aren't aware of the experience yield from doing those quests each day). Even if the level cap is raised, players aren't going to visit story areas to help newer players; they'll just farm in a large group in places where there are monsters close to their level. I don't think level scaling helps either, because the experience yield is usually a bit less.

19. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Level scaling just gave more players opportunity to experience the content before getting to actual level you are supposed to be. Lolosia is a good example of this and for some reason when the level scaling was reverted those Lolosia dungeons still let everyone in which should be changed. I have seen many players way under the level you are supposed to do them.

20. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Level scaling is poorly implemented in many places, actually. In the recent Raveyard map for example, every player is scaled to level 33, but the monsters there are level 10, which makes it difficult for every player to share a monster. If level scaling was done right, everyone would be using Warrior class to "spin2win" in that map with an equal opportunity, and doing the quest would be more optimal than just waiting for the boss spawn. It's not about players experiencing content before getting to the actual level; those players ought to play through the story quests and level up (which really isn't that hard; takes about 3 days to reach max level). I wouldn't mind level scaling, if private maps were a thing, or if scaling was more lenient where higher leveled players have a bit of a boost when they get scaled down.

Also, the other positive to no level scaling is that new players can level up to a higher level just so they can tackle a tough dungeon without having to find players to help them (which can be difficult to find). For instance, a level 20 player who can't beat a dungeon by themselves decides to level up to level 27 just so they can return to the level 20 dungeon and beat it.