1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

first successful rare hunt

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by a, Jan 31, 2018.

1. CanineAQ3D

CanineAQ3D Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I'm same as everyone here, first rare drop was red dragon plate. My first rare item however is unclear because I have a couple that will never return, don't know which came first.

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    What about making a list of said items and then it would be easier to figure out what item out of those items came first?

3. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Wouldn't be easy to define a first "rare" item, even with a list. We don't even know the exact drop rates of items, and who knows if the rates are kept inside their API? Rarity as defined by how hard it is to obtain a drop is just player-defined. Besides, items tend to change, especially Pre-Beta items, so what was once considered rare might be common now, so defining a "first rare" is even harder. Even something like Midas' Curse might have felt rare when it was a Drooster drop but doesn't feel rare anymore to some players once moved to Labyrinth Chests.

4. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    my first was frogzard ate my head :D its awesome

5. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Well, let's do that. What is a rare item? It's an item that is time consuming/hard to get because of RNG shenanigans OR it's an item that you cannot no longer get because said item is not obtainable anymore and said item was either a drop or purchasable from a NPC that has a shop but is no longer sold by said NPC. In the context of this thread, I confident that Heromart should be taken out of consideration.
    The drop rates are irrelevant because @CanineAQ3D is going to just make a list of those "rare" items that he has and that list will help to determine what his first ever "rare" was.

6. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I recently got sb axe and it looks sick! Can't wait until berserker class is released so that we can dual wield any weapons!

7. PerHalvor123

PerHalvor123 Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Ive never gotten a rare drop before, ive just finished doomwood saga but Im going to start to go for King Ransom because it looks sick imo.

8. Yatori igsem

Yatori igsem MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    The lvl18 red glaive from darkhurst

9. Yasuo Shiro

Yasuo Shiro Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    The Frogzard Ate My Head Helm & Midas' Curse

10. E T E R N A L

E T E R N A L Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    I got my travelers in just one chest :) luuukyy

Heromanguy12 likes this.
  11. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That is insane luck! The chances to get Traveler's Backpack are very low from your very first Rare Greenguard Chest.

12. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    My friend too that farming the doomripper for almost 2 years now, and that time when i deside to help him grind it because i has some good luck farming rare drops we get his doom in our first rare chest i never realized how insane luck i have because i help a lot of players getting rare stuff and now i have 6 dooms 8 travelers pack i am just very unlucky in the sba because i only has 1 of that thing

my first sucessful rare drop is my frogzard ate my head i was grinding that helm for almost 3 months before it drop that day was really memorable to me :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2019
  13. ArtificeJoker

ArtificeJoker Big Bad Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    My first rare item drop was traveler's pack. I badly wanted that back item because im a fan of realistic set approach.

14. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    At the time it came out, it felt unique. Ever since they released another backpack, I think for Friday the 13th, Traveler's Pack lost its value. You can hardly tell the color difference between Traveler's Pack and the other backpack, so I wish they did something different for the other backpack.

15. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Even with the addition of Lost Hiker Pack, I still see Traveler's Pack more and I am not surprised why that is.

16. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think a lot of people don't opt for Lost Hiker Pack, because they see it as the more inferior item, but maybe also because they already own Traveler's Pack. Also, Friday the 13th is seasonal (happens whenever it's Friday the 13th, which could fall on any month of the year, or worst case you have 14 months without seeing a Friday the 13th), so not a lot of people are going to get it. I don't recall seeing that many people with Lost Hiker Pack, probably the only instance is during a Friday the 13th event when players are farming for drops. With that in mind, I wonder if Traveler's Pack is more common than Lost Hiker Pack (in terms of players who own the item)... it's pretty much a low% permanent drop vs. a common seasonal drop.

17. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Players like to show of their low drop rate items, so Lost Hiker Pack not being a frequent sight shouldn't be a mystery.

18. Gothclawz_31

Gothclawz_31 Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    Frogzard Ate My Head drop, thought it was just another Unenchanted Frogzard craft item lol

19. xOwl

xOwl Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    My first ever rare item is Soulborne Axe :) Ever since I've known about it I really farmed it and when I finally got it, my Rare collecting hobby begun :)

20. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    When farming for A Frogzard Ate My Head, you will be seeing that Unenchanted Frogzard Claw a lot.