1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Do you delete friends on your list?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Mayonnaise, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I don't think they were really your friends then if they delete you from their friends list then for being inactive for so long.

2. There's really no reason to delete people from your friends list, especially now that online players are prioritized to the top of your friends list so that you don't have to scroll through the entire list to see who's online. If your list is full, you could always do the server hopping trick that tricks the game into thinking you're not at the limit, just so you can add people above the limit. Most people on my friends list aren't as active, and I have over 100 friends.

3. Velizar

Velizar Banned

Credit:
    I delete them if they are inactive

4. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I delete inactive friends except for some alpha friends that I still wanna keep in case they come back. Before adding someone I usually ask them if they are active.

5. Yatori igsem

Yatori igsem MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    Yes I do, 40 is upper limit so can't accommodate all

6. Yasuo Shiro

Yasuo Shiro Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    If they're inactive for a very long time, yes

7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    How long is long enough for you to delete them from your friend list?

8. Yasuo Shiro

Yasuo Shiro Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Maybe 1 or 2 months

9. E T E R N A L

E T E R N A L Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
  10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Having an active friendlist is something that some players strive for. You can't completely control that, but you can certainly try to do that.

11. I think deleting friends is only worth it, if AE patches the ability to add more friends than the limit. You can still go pass the limit, and all of the active friends already get prioritized to the top of the list. The real pain is having to delete a bunch of friends if you have over 100 or even 1,000 friends... having to go through each name and delete that player takes so long.

12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It would be convenient to be able to delete multiple friends from that list at once.

13. I think that would be hard to implement... unless you're talking about being able to select a bunch of people and then click on one single delete button to delete a bunch of friends (like a checkbox form). Anyway, I think friends get removed, if characters get manually purged after years of inactivity and those characters meet certain prerequisites, or if they delete their character, but they're usually a slow process.

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That's what I meant. Waiting for someone's character to purged so you don't have to delete them from your friendlist is the next level automated friend list friend removal technology.

15. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    I deleting some inactive friends and the friends that snob me i only keeping my good friends and my rarefarmer mates :D

16. ArtificeJoker

ArtificeJoker Big Bad Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Im Deleting some unactive and not really interacting with me too.. And also those i dont really know. Just to avoid confusion.

17. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    Same bro, when i see a new name in my friend list that one of my friends change ign im really confused esp when we really now always having an interaction together thats why i delete some of them without asking cuz its really limited to have friends in game the good thing we can do is just to keep our close friends :)

18. ArtificeJoker

ArtificeJoker Big Bad Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Yeah. Really keep those who are important.

19. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    Yea bro especially the active guys cuz some of them has a info about things happening in game that your not updated like if you dont have s twitter and they have they can acess to have some valid info about whats happening im game so in that way your very nice freinds will info you about whats new or whats gonna happen im glad all my friends are helping me to get som info to the whats new and whats happening :)

20. You don't really need friends to be updated with new information in the game. There are various sources you can follow like the Wiki, Twitter, in-game (by talking with general players), Discord, and so on. Only things having friends really serve is general help (like defeating a boss or other in-game tasks) or someone to simply socialize with (maybe you know them in real life, have common connections or interests, etc.). I usually find friends useful for the latter option though. And I often see that the game is "small" enough that it's easy to encounter the same people, so often times it's not worth adding someone if you see them often (like if they're always active in-game) because you know where to find them usually.

hfi likes this.