1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Do you delete friends on your list?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Mayonnaise, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Information moves fast and having friends for that regard is valuable during when a new release comes out. AQ3D wiki is pretty much the slowest of all sources currently because of the lack of editors which you can see if you checked how many are being active on it currently. Friends to share interests with is a great part of MMORPGs and I have experienced that and I can say that it does help and to group up with your in game friends can make your playing experience richer depending on what you are doing.

2. When I'm near max level, it's pretty easy to get by without too much help... and usually the help I do get is from players who aren't on my friends list. I tend to think the people who struggle most, who could really benefit from friends, are newer players since they know less about the game than older players, and it's slow grinding and progressing through the game as a new player due to story areas being quite vacant. Unfortunately, there's too much of a separation between high leveled players and low level players... especially since high level players tend to create more of a niche among other high level players. You don't really see high level players hanging out with low level players and becoming friends with them.

3. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    The only incentive I can see high level players becoming friends with low leveled players is to get them to a high level as well, so you have more players to tackle high level content with. Your decision to help a low leveled player with leveling can be because you know them personally or you just are an altruistic player who helps players regardless of their level.

4. Higher level, established players were once low level players. Everyone has to start somewhere, and you never know... maybe that low level player you decided to help will become a high level player who can help you back, or repay you in some other way. A lot of higher level players generally ignore or mock lower level players, and it's not much to gain out of it anyway. Some people will add people just because they have "cool" gear or they're well-known, and that sometimes alienates new players or discourage them from continuing on with the game. It's usually once you're max level that people start to respect you; I'm not exactly sure of the psychology behind it, but there are probably studies somewhere similar to what I'm describing.

5. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That's right! If you help someone then they will likely help you too in turn. Some players might not return the favor but that's just how some players are. Players that haven't reached the max level look at those who have and say "Wow, that player knows what they are doing". Being better in some way opens up opportunities to brag or mock using that thing you are good at as the reason.

6. And it's a great way to pass time anyway. I often see too many players in Yulgar's Inn doing nothing. It feels like activities between high level players and low level players aren't as common as they probably should be.

7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It's certainly a more productive way to spend time in game compared to playing AFK3D. AQ3D really doesn't have activities that both low and high leveled players would play together besides seasonal events. AE could be pushing for something that encourages high and low leveled players to play together.

8. Level scaling could work, but everyone complains about it because of how it's implemented (in other words, what's the point of leveling up and grinding for the best gear, if everyone's scaled?). But caling would definitely make it easier for high level players to play with their low level friends instead of the high level player OHKO-ing a monster. Everyday I do daily quests in low level areas, and there are sometimes low level players complaining about me one-shotting monsters. Personally, I'd like to see public maps be not scaled and private maps be scaled, so maybe there's more of a balance... or something that would encourage fairness without giving any side a huge (dis)advantage.

9. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    One way to do leveling with a low level player is not take off your gear so you won't OHKO everything. Level scaling in it's current state just punishes you for having a higher level than the level what an area is scaled to.

10. Would actually be quite convenient if players could easily switch gear without having to individually equip/unequip items... like a "pre-set gear tab" that contains gear item combinations that the players themselves have configured. Then I could farm with new players, but that still wouldn't be a real solution. Having a pre-set gear tab would be more useful for changing your characters' looks instead of balancing your skill level with the map's level. There really ought to be a way to play with other players, especially if players decide that they want their real-life friends to try out the game and decide that they want to help them level up and progress through the game.

11. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That would be one of those much need QoL changes that we need and it would see you for this purpose. Want to go level up with your friend and not making too hard for your friend to keep up? Make a gear present that suits the situation.