1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Strangest thing that happened to you ingame?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Rex, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    2 rare drops in one day midas and doom ripper

2. GreedyBaron

GreedyBaron MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    Got into an argument with another player about a trading system in AQ3D which broke down into an argument into economics.

3. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Dying and not being able to respawn, lol. Had to log out and back in.

4. Yasuo Shiro

Yasuo Shiro Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Flying glitch IMG_20190812_121603.jpg in front of the guardian tower :v

5. Cabinet

Cabinet Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Falling through the floor in battleon all the time.

6. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    It's not great when that happens.

7. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Yeah that's definitely strange. It's worse when you're in a dungeon and use a key and you fall through the map.

8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Good thing is that we no longer use keys. It was way worse back in the day when we did use keys, but we did get extra keys to compensate.

9. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    There's no dungeon keys anymore? I can't say I'm surprised. I always found it a useless thing because at one point almost every dungeon they were putting out didn't require any keys.

10. Does falling through floors even occur anymore? I don't think I've seen that issue for over a year now, except maybe when I'm teleporting to a friend who's in a specific part of the map, but that's something completely different. The only floor-related problem I've seen recently is monsters getting stuck inside of them, like Voidlings getting stuck inside of a rock that you can't attack them, or Crescent Wolves getting stuck.

11. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I haven't experienced clipping through floors anymore so I think it is fully patched, hopefully.

12. Cabinet

Cabinet Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Yeah fell through bank a few times last week.

Torianna and Ylber like this.
  13. Chai

Chai Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Plummeting past the floor can still happen.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Yeah, that happens when AQ3D doesn't load collision and you end up going through the floor. It can happen to everyone or just you.

15. Unfortunate that AE still hasn't fixed it, or at least given us a /reload command that reloads failed assets in a map. It's so easy to lose progress in something as simple as a dungeon because of some bug that's existed for years. You're either forced to rejoin the area you're in (sometimes get unlucky rejoining since someone else can take your spot), or pretty much lose progress because other players are ahead of you and are unwilling to wait.

If you only play one hour a day, you're probably not going to encounter the bug as often, but spend several hours a day and you'll encounter it quite often. It would have to be on AE's priority of bugs to fix, but they probably can't fix it easily since it depends on loading. A lot of problems seem to occur with loading... sometimes you can't connect to a server, and sometimes other things happen.

16. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That /reload command certainly could be a workaround if AE brought it back, but it would be better go to the roots of the problem instead.

17. I don't think a /reload command was ever a thing in the first place. It's just one of the popular suggestions players have been begging for since object collision issues rose. I feel like AE doesn't do it, because of potential cheese in certain maps and dungeons... like maybe people could abuse it to evade the respawn timer when their character is dead or easily return to the map's spawn point, possibly even skip a dungeon part when an objective is complete without having to re-enter the dungeon. All depends on how it's implemented like what gets checked before the command gets executed and what values get stored (e.g. your coordinates, so you don't reload back to the spawn point).

18. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Yeah, I remembered wrong but having that command indeed would have room to being abused so with that I don't think it will be added if it would cause cause cheesing like that. The curse of falling to the void is still a thing even after a few attempts to fix it. It would be nice if AE managed to finally fix this issue someday.

19. It occurs a lot less than it used to. Back when I was farming for Traveler's Pack, Soulborne Axe, and Doom Ripper, and when dungeon keys were a thing, falling into the void was something players always had the fear of encountering, because it happened so frequently. It was partly the reason why people made alt accounts to scout for chests, because of those precious dungeon keys being wasted. Now, you don't encounter the collision bug as often, but it still occurs from time to time, and it still is an inconvenience from time to time. Not as bad as it used to be, but still something that needs to be addressed, especially if we're expecting AQ3D to exit out of Open Beta and go live.

20. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    This issue has kept resurfacing and it definitely shouldn't be in AQ3D when it finally goes live.