1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What is Your Level?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Awen Blade, May 24, 2017.

1. Randy1987

Randy1987 Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    Atm i am lvl twentyfive :)

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    That XP boost doesn't affect experience from quests, only experience gained from defeating monsters which makes it not that good. Just stack repeatable quests and turn them in when the level cap increases.

3. Smoke

Smoke MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    Lmao, I've always gathered my dailies but never actually checked the XP I'm getting. Thanks for the heads-up, seems I may have wasted some precious boost time.

Heromanguy12 likes this.
  4. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Don't think wasting boosts would matter that much anyway, because you get plenty from opening daily chests, and you'll probably have enough of them by the time the level cap is raised. And just doing daily quests as a habit without playing anything else will get you to the next level before the week is over anyway. I never felt any urgency to level up immediately and I have well over 20 XP boosts from daily chests that I don't plan to ever use (unless maybe there's actual difficulty in leveling up).

I just think boosts are pointless in the first place, because leveling up is too easy. In AQWorlds, you really need an XP boost to level up since you'll be fighting monsters for hours and hours, but in AQ3D, everything is well-proportioned as long as the story quests match whatever level you're at.

5. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    XP boosts do feel pretty redundant considering how well leveling is balanced.

6. alien shooter

alien shooter Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
  7. Smoke

Smoke MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    You're probably right, not much point worrying about wasting them but I still think they're of use as I normally get bored really fast and so I'd rather get the grind over and done with fast whether Gold farming, Levelling or Ranking up. For me I still think they are worth applying when in grind mode. I'm sure levelling difficulty will increase but at this rate it seems a long ways away. We're getting around 2-4 levels per year it seems? Do correct me if I'm wrong as I have been inactive until not long ago.

8. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    The way I see it, finishing up something as quickly as possible (like boosting to level #) doesn't alleviate boredom, because then you're left with nothing else to do until there is something else to do. It's always nice to keep a steady pacing, even considering that the game has overall bad pacing (e.g. you get new storyline quests yet you can't do anything about the experience that you get from the quests because you're already at maxed level). I often find myself not playing through storyline quests until the level cap is increased (which can take several months), and the only reason I would play through storyline quests at a maxed level is if there were item rewards that were a bit more time-sensitive (like daily quest content, which anyone should really start as early as possible; or play through releases that are likely to be grindy when there are less players).

And it definitely is slow waiting for a level cap increase. It took 6 months to see a jump from level 27 to just level 29, which is underwhelming given that there were considerable storyline quests to play during that time span (Arcangrove and Yokai Isle, and some minor stories).

At the beginning of 2019, the max you could be was level 25, and at the end, the max you could be was level 29. That's a 4 level increase in a year. I'd question why anyone would really need to use an XP Boost, when it could easily take one day to earn those 4 levels.

9. Smoke

Smoke MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    Point taken, even for new players I reckon finishing the storyline will suffice to near enough max their levels. And there is not much point being max level without having unlocked some of the shops that require you to finish storylines. I guess I want to believe they have a use since they exist.

On the other hand for me, boredom is only an issue when farming becomes really repetitive. I have missed out on 3 years worth of content and now feel overwhelmed trying to farm everything I want to hoard. Like you said though, now that I have reached max level and got my 'end-game' gear I am now also taking my time with farming rares and difficult to craft items and seems to be keeping me busy for a while with still plenty to do.

10. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    3 years of content isn't too much of a hurdle, if you can overcome some of the ridiculous RNG items you come across. Honestly, even without storyline quests for XP gain, you can probably reach max level just by grinding for the heavy RNG items. I know you can get an insane amount of gold from repetitively grinding for a low drop, so it's probably the same for experience.

11. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Story quests should give the majority of experience needed and you can get the rest through grinding either repeatable quests or just doing farming for low drop items.

12. Chugeh

Chugeh Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I'm Level 29 and my IGN is Chugeh
    I hope that I'll meet you guys see you in game!! <3

13. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I'm level 29 which is the current max
    IGN: Xctroy

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Now that level cap is 30, has anyone reached this new max level yet? I can say that I have.

15. ZaRaV

ZaRaV MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    i'm level 30 now

16. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I did too on the first day before they nerfed the XP from razorshells, it was a quick and nice farm ! :p

17. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I just used up all experience that I stacked up in the form of quests and did about half of revamped Heartwood Forest to reach level 30.

18. Heartt

Heartt Brute

Credit:
    Still ı am 30.

19. KingMyth

KingMyth Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I'm finally max level, currently it's 39