1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Where did you first hear about AQ3D?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Rex, Aug 23, 2017.

Where did you first hear about AQ3D?

1. From someone (friend, family)

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. Advertisement

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. From their other games news page

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  4. Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Twitch)

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  1. Yatori igsem

Yatori igsem MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    Sebastian Shultz

Ylber likes this.
  2. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I heard first about it on twitter and participated in the tech demo. To be true, I was always jelous of founders in aqw that had alpha pirate and all these old items. Finally I can have that too but just in AQ3D :D

3. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Can you please elaborate?

4. Chris Jones

Chris Jones Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I learnt about aq3d from aqw :eek:

Ylber likes this.
  5. Ylber

Credit:
    Yeah I remember they had this 3d version of artix (or was it just a clawg?) in battleon and you could buy a 3d version of clawg.

6. Yasuo Shiro

Yasuo Shiro Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Saw it on play store and the design notes

7. Ylber

Credit:
    Too bad they never gave out that badge. They already gave out a tech demo badge for AQW for people that had their AQW account linked into Artix Portal while playing in that phase. I guess they could look at those who have the AQ3D tech demo badge in AQW and give them out to their linked AQ3D character but that would maybe exclude people who didnt link their accounts...

8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It would have been nice to AE to gave them out for the sake of consistency, but I guess they didn't think it through.

9. OrangeAQ3D

OrangeAQ3D BamBam

Credit:
    I first heard about aq3d when, i was playing AQW, an ad popped up for AQ3D for tech demo testing. And i decided to try it out

10. Smoke

Smoke MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    AQW design notes I believe. At first I didn't know what to think, but today I have faith that this game will be very successful once open-beta is over and more adverts for it will pop up. Have to love the consistent feed of content, always have something to do but if not, you will soon find it.

11. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Yeah, AQ3D has to go live someday but many of us consider it to be live already even though all core features aren't done yet.

12. FenrisVan

FenrisVan Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    A youtube video popped up saying what happened to adventure quest. I honestly thought the game from my youth died a long time ago and was very happy to see it has been continued and updated.

13. Scarlet Sanguis

Scarlet Sanguis Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Heard about AQ3D from AQW design notes.

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I would assume many players heard about it that way because I sure did.

15. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I was introduced to aq3d 3-4 years ago by a friend (who sadly no longer plays anymore) when i was looking for a good MMORPG. I got addicted pretty soon and have been playing it since.

16. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Has your opinion changed on AQ3D after playing for so long?

17. Xctroy

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    There's been a ton of changes, which is nice, but the rate of it feels a little slow. I had taken a break nearly a year long for this reason combined with personal reasons, so i came back to a lot of content. Now again I have pretty much finished everything there is to do and I chill or farm stuff randomly or socialize till there's new content available.

18. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It's more time consuming to work in 3D and those filler releases don't help because they are slowing down bigger releases which actually brings people in.

19. Xctroy

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    That makes sense, I think the filler content is for people who have finished the game more or less and to keep them playing, I'm sure we would rather prefer updates with good real content even if they take relatively longer.

20. The filler content usually isn't entertaining. It tends to be grind to keep players busy, and that's all that the filler content can usually ever be... something that'll buy AE some time by keeping players focused on something, even if it's mediocre. People will grind at it anyway, even if they aren't going to fully enjoy it, because they thrive for activity.

If PvP was already a mainstream feature, we wouldn't really even need filler content, and AE could just focus more time on the main content rather than a bunch of filler content. What the game really lacks is perpetual entertainment where you can enjoy a mainstream feature over and over again without really getting bored of it. Or to put it another way, a one-time feature that can be played over and over again that AE only has to implement once, so then the company can dedicate time to creating more enjoyable content.

The issue isn't solely with the 3D itself, but mainly how to approach that sort of content. Like when you think about PvP, you're not thinking just about the 3D space and interaction, but you're also thinking about the ruleset you want for PvP (what happens when the player loses?, what happens when a player wins, or if a team wins? what sort of things will be in PvP, like a leaderboard system? how do you balance the classes and skills? what items will be restricted? will levels and other things be scaled appropriately to keep a balanced match?). Those are examples outside of the 3D itself that really examine the complexity of a feature. Even a 2D game could have a very complex idea and be time-consuming.

And in some cases, a 3D game might not even be as time consuming to work on. Maybe you have 3D templates that you can reuse (and that's something AE does quite often especially with reskinned models), or you're working with low polygons for a sandbox voxel-type game, or you always a fixed camera perspective so you don't have to fill in extra details where the player normally won't see them. These are techniques common in a lot of 3D games.

When it comes to any sort of complexity, it's mainly about the scope in the project management that makes all of the difference, and that's something to really consider with any game design document (GDD) when outlining the structure and purpose of the game.

Xctroy likes this.